lizandpat

Any Dutch/American couples??

1,881 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Sorry for the delay! I've been without power! But it's finally back. The storm we had up here was completely randomly horrible with tons of trees down. :/

Nothing new from the VSC. I'm kinda GERRRRR because I'm seeing that the CSC has approved some early Feb filers. There petition dates that they're currently working on is Jan 3rd.... VSC is Dec. 3rd. What's up with that #######? :P

I don't know who Igor is but I'm going to kill him if he keeps moving us back on his list! :D

Glad to hear your power is back up and that you made it through the storm ok other than that!! I was watching the news and seeing all the flooding going on there now... :blink:

hehe...I hope he stops moving you back...try not to rely on Igor too much, I'd go more by other people's time lines than Igor's list I think.

Hugs, Liz

**AOS Timeline**

Filed: 02-12-2010

Recv'd in Chicago: 02-15-2010

Email Confirmation Recv'd: 02-23-2010

Online status available: 02-24-2010

Money Orders cashed: 02-24-2010 (Finally!!)

NOA1's (AOS/EAD) recv'd: 02-25-2010 (dated 02-23-2010)

"Touch" on AOS/EAD: 2-26-2010 (Biometrics maybe???)

Biometrics: 3-24-2010 Walk-in successful Biometrics completed 3-11-2010!!

CASE TRANSFERRED TO CSC - 3-10-2010 (WOOHOO!!)

"Touches" on AOS/EAD 3 days in a row! 3-10-10, 3-11-10 & 3-12-10!

Email from USCIS stating case rec'd at CSC - 3-17-10

Another touch on I-485! - 3-17-10

Touch on I-485 - 3-18-10

EAD card ordered: 04-29-2010 (FINALLY!!)

EAD card rec'd FINALLY! - 05/22/2010

Interview: N/A

Approved with green card ordered: 09-20-2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

hehe...I hope he stops moving you back...try not to rely on Igor too much, I'd go more by other people's time lines than Igor's list I think.

Yeah.... I know Igor isn't the most reliable. I just go on there because it seems like some progress is being made (typically!) And I love how when the month changes we move up like, 20 spots, because of the non-updaters from last year :D

Our Time Line

129-F

Lifting Conditions

2/19/2013 -- Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center

2/21/2013 -- package received by VSC

2/27-2013 -- NOA-1

3/22/2013 -- Biometrics

Timeline

Banging my head against the wall here... Still nothing at all from CSC; not even a word about them getting our application! It's really annoying and is starting to worry me. Knowing how stupid USCIS can be, they've probably lost our application in the mail somewhere. :unsure:

Peet, sorry to hear about your RFE; looks like an easy fix though! Good to hear that at least your green card has been ordered.

Timeline

Banging my head against the wall here... Still nothing at all from CSC; not even a word about them getting our application! It's really annoying and is starting to worry me. Knowing how stupid USCIS can be, they've probably lost our application in the mail somewhere. :unsure:

Peet, sorry to hear about your RFE; looks like an easy fix though! Good to hear that at least your green card has been ordered.

How long has it been, Lindsey?

Hugs, Liz

**AOS Timeline**

Touch on I-485 - 3-18-10

Timeline

How long has it been, Lindsey?

I want to say at least three weeks since they told us they were sending it on to CSC, possibly even longer. We got our notice stating it was being sent on to CSC almost right after Peet got hers.

Timeline

I want to say at least three weeks since they told us they were sending it on to CSC, possibly even longer. We got our notice stating it was being sent on to CSC almost right after Peet got hers.

Hmmm...you may want to try giving USCIS a call... our case was transferred last week on Wednesday and I just got an email telling us that CSC had received it and it was pending at their office now. :unsure:

Hugs, Liz

**AOS Timeline**

Touch on I-485 - 3-18-10

Yeah.... I know Igor isn't the most reliable. I just go on there because it seems like some progress is being made (typically!) And I love how when the month changes we move up like, 20 spots, because of the non-updaters from last year :D

:lol: I like how you think. But yes, Igor is horrible. But it gives you something to look for and have the feeling something is actually happening.

But Liz is right, the timelines of people that filed around the same time you did give a much better idea.

It really seems to be at random how or when they start working on a case. I have seen several people now who got the notice that their green card is ordered without any email updates or getting their EAD's.

And others keep getting flooded with mails, like me, I think I have had 4 mails now that my card is on its way :huh:

Am really happy with the city of Groningen since yesterday, they sent out my sons birth certificate right away. Got it yesterday and today it is going express to the USCIS. They will have it tomorrow.

It is really clear now that they are holding back his green card for which the application was transferred to California because there was a mistake in the papers for his AP which are in MO :wacko:

Timeline

:lol: I like how you think. But yes, Igor is horrible. But it gives you something to look for and have the feeling something is actually happening.

But Liz is right, the timelines of people that filed around the same time you did give a much better idea.

It really seems to be at random how or when they start working on a case. I have seen several people now who got the notice that their green card is ordered without any email updates or getting their EAD's.

And others keep getting flooded with mails, like me, I think I have had 4 mails now that my card is on its way :huh:

Am really happy with the city of Groningen since yesterday, they sent out my sons birth certificate right away. Got it yesterday and today it is going express to the USCIS. They will have it tomorrow.

It is really clear now that they are holding back his green card for which the application was transferred to California because there was a mistake in the papers for his AP which are in MO :wacko:

Glad you were able to get his birth certificate so fast! Now maybe they will get his GC ordered soon!

Hugs, Liz

**AOS Timeline**

Touch on I-485 - 3-18-10

Timeline

Hmmm...you may want to try giving USCIS a call... our case was transferred last week on Wednesday and I just got an email telling us that CSC had received it and it was pending at their office now. :unsure:

I've been hesitant to call them because odds are they know just as much as we do. All they ever do is look up your case number online which gives them the same information that is available to us. I will call them today though and see what is up with our case.

Maybe you are right, but it still seems odd that CSC wouldn't even tell us they got our case.

Timeline

I've been hesitant to call them because odds are they know just as much as we do. All they ever do is look up your case number online which gives them the same information that is available to us. I will call them today though and see what is up with our case.

Maybe you are right, but it still seems odd that CSC wouldn't even tell us they got our case.

I would think so as well...I hope they can tell you something when you call!

Hugs, Liz

**AOS Timeline**

Touch on I-485 - 3-18-10

Timeline

Well now I'm confused because I have differing information. According to USCIS, which Johnny talked to today, they do NOT send out a letter or email stating that CSC, or whatever office, has received your case after it gets to that office to be processed... That being said......... why did both you and Peet apparently get a letter and or e-mail stating that CSC received your case?

All of that said, talking to USCIS got us absolutely nowhere because they really do not know anymore than we do.

Timeline

Well now I'm confused because I have differing information. According to USCIS, which Johnny talked to today, they do NOT send out a letter or email stating that CSC, or whatever office, has received your case after it gets to that office to be processed... That being said......... why did both you and Peet apparently get a letter and or e-mail stating that CSC received your case?

All of that said, talking to USCIS got us absolutely nowhere because they really do not know anymore than we do.

Ok....seriously...USCIS customer service needs to get their heads out of their...well, you know where..lol!

They are giving you incorrect information, I have copied the email we got telling us they rec'd it below:

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: MSCXXXXX

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283

It also gives a phone #.... 1-800-375-5283....is that the number Johnny called? If not, might want to try it.

Edited by lizandpat

Hugs, Liz

**AOS Timeline**

Touch on I-485 - 3-18-10

Timeline

Ok....seriously...USCIS customer service needs to get their heads out of their...well, you know where..lol!

They are giving you incorrect information, I have copied the email we got telling us they rec'd it below:

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: MSCXXXXX

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283

It also gives a phone #.... 1-800-375-5283....is that the number Johnny called? If not, might want to try it.

Mmhmm that is the number he called. It's the standard number they give you for pretty much anything. I've called it several times during our K1 application as well.

Now was this e-mail sent after you got a letter stating they were sending it off to CSC?

Mmhmm that is the number he called. It's the standard number they give you for pretty much anything. I've called it several times during our K1 application as well.

Now was this e-mail sent after you got a letter stating they were sending it off to CSC?

Yep and after that I even got a third e-mail stating the same.

Hope you hear something soon.

In the meantime, I received my green card today, so it is off to get a SSN tomorrow and once that is in, getting permission to start driving lessons I guess :wacko:

Timeline

Yep and after that I even got a third e-mail stating the same.

Hope you hear something soon.

In the meantime, I received my green card today, so it is off to get a SSN tomorrow and once that is in, getting permission to start driving lessons I guess :wacko:

Pfft all that woman told Johnny was that if we don't get an interview date or the green card within 60 days of the biometrics appointment, which was the 11th of February, that we should call back to see what is going on. I really hate them sometimes.... well scratch that, MOST of the time.

Congrats on getting your green card though! I'm sure Johnny is jealous, I know I am. Haha I don't know how driving lessons are where you live, but here in our little town, all you have to do is take the written test and then "drive" in their back parking lot.. Lamest excuse for a driving test ever. It's why so many people cannot drive in the US.. or at least here in Florida.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.