aidan80

InfoPass/Biometrics Orlando

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

We went in for the InfoPass appointment this morning at around 7:30 followed up at 8:00 with the biometrics appointment in Orlando.

InfoPass in Orlando went very well, nice shiny new building in and out in no time. Although a bigger street sign would be nice, the big liberty head made me think it was a bank! I got the stamp extending my GC for a year as I never got my NOA. Explained this to the officer and all was well. Next we went over to the biometrics appointment. The place had little or no people in the waiting room.. about 20 minutes later that was done and we where free for the day.

One thing to note about biometrics if you haven't been in Orlando.. the building has a confusing sign that says "Support Services" or something like that. Not as much as a USCIS logo or even the Homeland Security logo to be found on the outside of the building. It actaully blends right in with the other buildings round the back of the plaza.

Filed N400 11/7/16

Check (CC) Cashed 11/10/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16

Glad you got it all sorted out Aidan.

Gary goes for his Biometrics Dec 2nd. Then the wait begins lol

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

Timeline

Yep, nothing to worry about all very easy now thank god!.. I'm sure you won't have too long of a wait before you get something back. I'm just glad all that's left is a wait and if we're unlucky an interview then we're free.. totally free at least until it's time to renew in 10 years.

Filed N400 11/7/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16

Yep, nothing to worry about all very easy now thank god!.. I'm sure you won't have too long of a wait before you get something back. I'm just glad all that's left is a wait and if we're unlucky an interview then we're free.. totally free at least until it's time to renew in 10 years.

Will you apply for citizenship?

Timeline

That's a very difficult question, there's a lot to weigh. Lots of ups and downs of course there are many benefits as well. A very difficult thing to get your head around.. after all we are who we are. When do we stop being Irish or British and all of a sudden become American?.. I still don't understand the point on "thanksgiving"?.. :blink:

There's a lot more involved for me at least that just filling out the documents, taking the test then standing and taking an oath as I head off out the door to the nearest passport office?..

Filed N400 11/7/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16

Filed: Timeline
We went in for the InfoPass appointment this morning at around 7:30 followed up at 8:00 with the biometrics appointment in Orlando.

InfoPass in Orlando went very well, nice shiny new building in and out in no time. Although a bigger street sign would be nice, the big liberty head made me think it was a bank! I got the stamp extending my GC for a year as I never got my NOA. Explained this to the officer and all was well. Next we went over to the biometrics appointment. The place had little or no people in the waiting room.. about 20 minutes later that was done and we where free for the day.

One thing to note about biometrics if you haven't been in Orlando.. the building has a confusing sign that says "Support Services" or something like that. Not as much as a USCIS logo or even the Homeland Security logo to be found on the outside of the building. It actaully blends right in with the other buildings round the back of the plaza.

FINALLY!!! I am happy to hear this news, happy for u , now no more curse words, just relax and wait for the next move

That's a very difficult question, there's a lot to weigh. Lots of ups and downs of course there are many benefits as well. A very difficult thing to get your head around.. after all we are who we are. When do we stop being Irish or British and all of a sudden become American?.. I still don't understand the point on "thanksgiving"?.. :blink:

There's a lot more involved for me at least that just filling out the documents, taking the test then standing and taking an oath as I head off out the door to the nearest passport office?..

Gary said he wants to apply for citizenship. I dont think its so much he wants to be "American" per say, cause he will always be Irish, and proud of his heritage. Its the benefits he's looking at, no more USCIS ect.

I think we are a bit older then you and your wife are, and we know that we will never live in N Ireland. Gary says this is where he has chosen to live, so when in Rome ect.... ;)

Timeline

Gary said he wants to apply for citizenship. I dont think its so much he wants to be "American" per say, cause he will always be Irish, and proud of his heritage. Its the benefits he's looking at, no more USCIS ect.

I think we are a bit older then you and your wife are, and we know that we will never live in N Ireland. Gary says this is where he has chosen to live, so when in Rome ect.... ;)

There are the benefits that come with citizenship, there is also a lot of wording in an oath I don't think I could stand hand on heart and say. Well after this and for us at least when I get the 10 year card there isn't any more USCIS to really deal with. Renew the card every 10 years and all is well. Although I do see the big benefit of being free from that and being free to live outside the US and come back in again without the hassel. I think I'm torn between the benefits and having to renounce (at least say it) my ties to back home. Even though I could keep both an Irish and US passport if I became a citizen.

I've no clue as to your ages but the wife and I are mid 20's and I suppose we can't say we'd never live in Ireland again at this point in time. At least for the foreseeable future we'll be in the US and in the sunny state of Florida.

Filed N400 11/7/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16

There are the benefits that come with citizenship, there is also a lot of wording in an oath I don't think I could stand hand on heart and say. Well after this and for us at least when I get the 10 year card there isn't any more USCIS to really deal with. Renew the card every 10 years and all is well. Although I do see the big benefit of being free from that and being free to live outside the US and come back in again without the hassel. I think I'm torn between the benefits and having to renounce (at least say it) my ties to back home. Even though I could keep both an Irish and US passport if I became a citizen.

I've no clue as to your ages but the wife and I are mid 20's and I suppose we can't say we'd never live in Ireland again at this point in time. At least for the foreseeable future we'll be in the US and in the sunny state of Florida.

I do understand where you are coming from. It's alot to mull over. Onething good tho, is like you said you can still keep both passports.

Gary is 32 and i am 43. We have too many things going for us here, ie, mortgage is almost paid, ive been established in my job quite a few years. So it just wouldn't be feasible for us to move to N. Ireland.

Timeline

I do understand where you are coming from. It's alot to mull over. Onething good tho, is like you said you can still keep both passports.

Gary is 32 and i am 43. We have too many things going for us here, ie, mortgage is almost paid, ive been established in my job quite a few years. So it just wouldn't be feasible for us to move to N. Ireland.

Understandable about the moving back.. I just thought now.. if we had to move back how much of a mission that would be. I'm still working on establishing myself over here properly employment wise and credit wise. The wife is going back to school and I'm looking at school and thinking about it while re certifying to US standards. Good god we'd have to go into reverse all over again if we moved back! :blink: Only with her being the immigrant lol.

Filed N400 11/7/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16

The place you went to for your biometrics.... was it on Semoran? I'm confused as to wether I should go the or to this new place people keep talking about?!

Timeline
The place you went to for your biometrics.... was it on Semoran? I'm confused as to wether I should go the or to this new place people keep talking about?!

Correct, Biometrics is on Sermoran Blvd should be at the address listed in the notice you were sent. The InfoPass was about 2 miles from the biometrics place on (if I remember right) Corporate Center Blvd. The biometrics is in the back of what looks like a plaza, Terra Cotta Business Center. Look for the Support Service sign and no sign of any USCIS/Homeland Security logos or anything to make the place look offical. It looks more or less the same as it did when I first went there over two years ago.

Filed N400 11/7/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.