xtinab

Whos going Home for Christmas?

68 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
so my brother and his wife and my nephew are for sure coming for Christmas :dance: they are going to drive down to Seattle and fly to LA from there.. their tickets cost about 400 bucks for the both of them... They are getting here on the 23rd and leaving on the 31st..

Oh Marilyn, I'm so happy for you!!

yeah I finally get to meet my nephew. :D..

we will see if my sister-in-law drives me crazy in that week :lol:

i still wish my mom and dad were coming too but it doesn't look like it....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
k34: Fellow Owen Sounder? O.O Wow. Small world! Depending on your age, I might have gone to school with you!

Oh sorry... was in Chicago for turkey day so I just saw this now.

Yeah it is a small world! I find I run into Owen Sounders pretty much everywhere!

I went to OSCVI from '89 to '92, then St. Mary's in '93.

• 7/7/08 -- I-129f sent
  • 7/9/08 -- I-129f received at CSC
  • 7/24/08 -- NOA1 (finally!)
  • 12/2/08 -- NOA2 (WOOT!!!!)
  • 12/8/08 -- received at NVC
  • 12/22/08 -- packet 3 (with packet 4 attachment instead of checklist :P)
  • 12/29/08 -- packet 3 sent back with bits and pieces that I pulled together to make up a packet 3
  • 1/5/09 -- actual packet 3 received, but found out by via e-mail that they were satisfied with what I had already provided
  • 2/10/09 -- found out via call to DoS that my interview is scheduled!
  • 3/16/09 -- interview!!!! APROVED!!!
  • 4/7/09 -- MOVE!!!!!!!!
    Crossed at Detroit/Windsor Tunnel... pretty painless, about 45 minutes, inexperienced officer, asked for and received EA stamp
  • 4/13/09 -- Married in New Orleans!!!!!!!!
  • 5/30/09 -- Filed AOS/AP/EAD
  • 6/1/09 -- AOS etc received in Chicago

My husband works at UPS, so he's basically banned from taking time off around this time of year. Maybe in a couple of years, if things change, we'll be able to head back to Vancouver and the (lack of) snow. My family traditionally does an informal get-together on Christmas Eve; we have a Secret Santa to ease the stress of buying gifts for everyone, and we eat potluck turkey dinner and drink tons of wine and whiskey and play charades. Christmas Day is recovery :lol:

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Filed: Timeline
Ohh a vj Canadian meet up! That sounds like FUN!! I would totally be up for that!

woohoo! danforth dinner and wine perhaps? Anybody whos going to be in the TO area around then is definitely welcome :)

I will swing up there to TO if you guys do it..as long as the weather is okay.

Darnit! I totally would have been up for that if I was back home for Christmas.

so my brother and his wife and my nephew are for sure coming for Christmas :dance: they are going to drive down to Seattle and fly to LA from there.. their tickets cost about 400 bucks for the both of them... They are getting here on the 23rd and leaving on the 31st..

Awwww. That is so nice for you, Marilyn. :)

I have family in Midland...lol..seems strange to see so small a town so well represented. :)

OMG, I know Midland too! Dock lunch anyone? :lol:

This year we will be in NC with the inlaws for Christmas. :( But my friends are coming for New Year's so that makes up for it! :dance:

Oh! So instead of going home for Christmas we are going back for Family Day in February! My family started a new annual tradition last year where everyone gets together and goes bowling. I've never been so excited about going bowling before. :lol:

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Ohh a vj Canadian meet up! That sounds like FUN!! I would totally be up for that!

woohoo! danforth dinner and wine perhaps? Anybody whos going to be in the TO area around then is definitely welcome :)

I will swing up there to TO if you guys do it..as long as the weather is okay.

Darnit! I totally would have been up for that if I was back home for Christmas.

Awwww. That is so nice for you, Marilyn. :)

I have family in Midland...lol..seems strange to see so small a town so well represented. :)

OMG, I know Midland too! Dock lunch anyone? :lol:

This year we will be in NC with the inlaws for Christmas. :( But my friends are coming for New Year's so that makes up for it! :dance:

Oh! So instead of going home for Christmas we are going back for Family Day in February! My family started a new annual tradition last year where everyone gets together and goes bowling. I've never been so excited about going bowling before. :lol:

Heeey dock lunch is in Penetang! Get it right!

Just pulling yer leg! I love the fact that they let you put gravy on your fries yourself, I have stood there at that gravy dispenser many a times trying to decide whether or not it would be a good idea to just stick my head under there and drink it. :lol:

But yea Midland, many great memories in that place! There was another girl on here from Midland but she doesn't come on any longer, in fact I worked with her mom at the Best Western. It certainly is a small world.

Donne moi une poptart!

Application Type: I131 , APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On December 8, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I131 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status and Processing Dates.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

:crying::crying: I'm going to be with my baby girl for Christmas. It's been a long 6 months without her.

They have 2 weeks to get me those documents!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by BH45

April 13, 2009 - Welcome to the USA letter rec'd. PRC to be rec'd within 3 weeks.

April 16, 2009 - 2 yr GC rec'd in mail.

March 2, 2011 - Mailed in I-751 to CSC

March 4, 2011 - I-751 delivered to CSC

March 4, 2011 - NOA issued

March 12, 2011 - NOA received

April 14, 2011 - BIO Appt 5/6/11

May 6, 2011 - BIO done in 10 minutes...no re-takes this time :)

June 27, 2011 - Email rec'd "Status - Approved"

July 1, 2011 - 10 yr GC arrived

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Application Type: I131 , APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On December 8, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I131 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status and Processing Dates.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

:crying::crying: I'm going to be with my baby girl for Christmas. It's been a long 6 months without her.

They have 2 weeks to get me those documents!!!!!!!!!!!!

AWW YAY! :dance:

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.