xtinab

Whos going Home for Christmas?

68 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

This year I am going to see Gogol Bordello in concert in Philly for new years eve. I am so excited they make AMAZING drunkin music.

We usually get a hotel room at a swanky hotel and then do a really nice dinner out, but this year I just want to come back to our apartment. :lol: No need for hotels now that we got a place.

Donne moi une poptart!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
My wife and I will definitely be stopping over in Windsor to visit her family and I'm trying to find a way to go spend our third New Years in a row in Toronto. We've kind of got a tradition going over the passed few years of going to the CN Tower for an awesome dinner than running around on the frozen ponds after we get out of the bars on the way back to the hotel haha :)

that is an AWESOME tradition. I can imagine all that in my head. Sounds great.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

BB and I were planning on going to NY for NYE, but then my sister announced that her and her fiance are getting married on that night :) They're having a small civil ceremony, and are doing it on NYE b/c its 10 years to the day they met. 3 kids later they're finally getting hitched :) And so it seems our plans have changed, and we don't quite know what we're doing after yet. Regardless, Im excited for my sister.

chris4.jpg

"May our love last another day.....and then some"

well I work in retail, so no Christmas holiday for me, but will celebrate when I go to Prince Albert and Cold Lake next June.......however my friend is having a Boxing Day Party, so will go the that.......... But Happy U.S. Thanksgiving to everyone!

AOS, EAD, AP, filed on Feb 8, 2006

NOA received Feb 18, 2006

Biometrics done on Apr 21, at St. Paul office..wait some more......

Touched on April 24 and 28

email aproval for AP on May 1

email approval for EAD on May 3

received AP on May 3

received EAD in mail on May 8

start work of June 1

AOS interview in Bloomington on July 19 8am

AOS approved,passport stamped on July 19

as of Dec 10, 2006 still no greencard....waiting and waiting....USCIS says we are approved, and check back in 60 days...no idea what is happening

Dec 18, email stating welcome letter is in the mail

Dec 20, 5 emails saying they ordered production of my new card......

Dec 24...welcome to America letter in the snail mail

Dec 26...GC in hand and all is correct...

NOTE TO SELF..file to lift conditions 04/19/08

04/22/08 filed to lift conditions

05/01/08 package returned wrong form

05/05/08 re-submitted right form to california

05/09/08 cheque cashed

05/13/08 NOA

05/19/08 appointment letter for biometrics received..appointment on 05/28/08 at 11 am at USCIS St. Paul

05/28/08 took my two appointment letters and had my fingerprints done

11/13/08 touched and email stating card production ordered and will be sent to me in 30 days

11/21/08 GC in hand no mistakes expires 11/13/18

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

After years of driving 5 + hours to Owen Sound in all kinds of crappy winter weather, I feel like it's time to have Christmas at someone else's house (brothers in London and Toronto... both are closer!) Until this happens, I am not particularly concerned about making the effort to get to my family's Christmas.

This year we will be going to Springfield, IL for my baby's family Christmas. Yes, I realize that's further than Owen Sound, but I will be in Chicago anyway, so Springfield is not that much further.

My baby is coming here to Windsor for new years though! I have to find something to do that night that will be awesome!

• 7/7/08 -- I-129f sent
  • 7/9/08 -- I-129f received at CSC
  • 7/24/08 -- NOA1 (finally!)
  • 12/2/08 -- NOA2 (WOOT!!!!)
  • 12/8/08 -- received at NVC
  • 12/22/08 -- packet 3 (with packet 4 attachment instead of checklist :P)
  • 12/29/08 -- packet 3 sent back with bits and pieces that I pulled together to make up a packet 3
  • 1/5/09 -- actual packet 3 received, but found out by via e-mail that they were satisfied with what I had already provided
  • 2/10/09 -- found out via call to DoS that my interview is scheduled!
  • 3/16/09 -- interview!!!! APROVED!!!
  • 4/7/09 -- MOVE!!!!!!!!
    Crossed at Detroit/Windsor Tunnel... pretty painless, about 45 minutes, inexperienced officer, asked for and received EA stamp
  • 4/13/09 -- Married in New Orleans!!!!!!!!
  • 5/30/09 -- Filed AOS/AP/EAD
  • 6/1/09 -- AOS etc received in Chicago

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

k34: Fellow Owen Sounder? O.O Wow. Small world! Depending on your age, I might have gone to school with you!

March 13, 2009--Visa application handed to the post office.

March 16, 2009--Visa application received by Vermont Service Centre at 11:01 am. Let's hope that he actually put in everything he thought he did and they don't send it back to us!!

March 23, 2009--Got the whole package back. The cheque was apparently filled out incorrectly, thanks to the fact that his moronic flatmates helped him and instructed him wrong for the first cheque he ever filled out.

March 30, 2009--NOA1

August 12, 2009--Touched

September 1, 2009, received Package 1 from Montreal--but where is our NOA2???

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
well I work in retail, so no Christmas holiday for me, but will celebrate when I go to Prince Albert and Cold Lake next June.......however my friend is having a Boxing Day Party, so will go the that.......... But Happy U.S. Thanksgiving to everyone!

How are u going to celebrate in Prince Albert?? Goto good ol Uncle Chucks (bar) lol Good ol PA!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

No going home for Christmas for me...Home is coming down to have Christmas down here :D

We're moving (this weekend!) into a SFH and my parents will finally have a place to stay, rather than having to stay in a hotel.

I'm pretty excited about it.

They'll turn their visit with us into a longer vacation and continue to drive down to Florida. Wish I was going with them :lol:

AOS/EAD

04/07/07 - Sent AOS/EAD to Chicago

04/09/07 - Received at Chicago Lockbox

04/16/07 - NOA Date

05/10/07 - Transferred to CSC

05/30/07 - Case Pending at CSC

06/19/07 - Card Production Ordered for AOS

06/22/07 - Approval Notice Sent for AOS

06/23/07 - Welcome to America Letter received!

06/27/07 - Green Card Received

Removing Conditions

06/03/09 - Sent I-751

06/04/09 - Received at VSC

06/05/09 - NOA1

07/01/09 - Biometrics - Alexandria, VA

07/02/09 - the Lonely Touch

10/29/09 - Approved!

11/04/09 - Card Production Ordered

3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif John 3dflags_can0001-0001a.gifKrystin = 3dflags_usava01-0001a.gif

3D Flags

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

oooh, I am excited now.. my sister-in-law just emailed me telling me that they are more then likely coming down for Christmas and they are going to take my 13 year old sister with them :D I finally get to meet my nephew :dance:

I really hope that plans don't change...

she said she still isn't sure if my parents are coming or not though :unsure:

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

This is my last Xmas apart in Toronto, with him in NYC. We have never spend Xmas together yet, which actually doesn't bother me. But next year we will most likely come back to visit on Xmas. We shall see.

I'll be in NYC from Dec 28-Jan 4 visiting for my fiance's bday and new years and i'm looking very forward to it!

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

so my brother and his wife and my nephew are for sure coming for Christmas :dance: they are going to drive down to Seattle and fly to LA from there.. their tickets cost about 400 bucks for the both of them... They are getting here on the 23rd and leaving on the 31st..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Not me. I've been in NZ for 15 years, and it is another Chirstmas in the summer for me. Very hot here today, and still. It's darn hard to get in the mood for the holiday when the weather is like July. Never got used to that.

Next year I'll be in Virginia.

I have family in Midland...lol..seems strange to see so small a town so well represented. :)

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

not this year, we have apparently decided on an every other year thing and this is the other year. we may head to NOLA if the inlaws stay home and I can find hound sitters.

but, hoping to bring Moms down in January or February, depending on when my bestest friend will be in FLA as I'm going there to visit with her while she is a 8hr drive away as opposed to a 23hr drive away.

so my brother and his wife and my nephew are for sure coming for Christmas :dance: they are going to drive down to Seattle and fly to LA from there.. their tickets cost about 400 bucks for the both of them... They are getting here on the 23rd and leaving on the 31st..

Oh Marilyn, I'm so happy for you!!

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

No Canadian Christmas for us - haven't accrued enough Holidays yet and we use them for both holidays and sickdays. My company is a little odd in the IT world since we can't accrue plus time either....otehrwise I would have a load of time and forsure I would be headed home for a week. My husband has tons since we haven't taken any recently and he's been at his company forever.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.