Andersen

I-751 Interview

26 posts in this topic

andersen.

good luck with your interview again

where is your interview ? what are you taking to interview ?

Thanks!

My interview is this Tuesday at 11am in NYC. I'm taking all the originals I could find of everything that I submitted, that's the only thing they say to bring. It's been more that a year since I submitted and we moved during that time so I might not have absolutely every original, I don't remember exactly each document that I submitted that time, but I'm taking everything I have. Banks statements, life insurance policy, utility bills, credit cards statements, 2005, 2006 and 2007 tax transcrips along with the 1040 from Jackson Hewitt from each year. Mail addresed to both of us, individually and together. I'm bringing photos eventhough they didn't ask for it. I'm also adding other new mail that we've received since my RFE. And also 2 passport photos, my GC and my passport which are the other things they asked me to bring. That's about it.

Thanks again

Strange they ask for pictures. GC pictures normally come from biometrics.

Those were my thoughts exactly, but an inmigration lawyer told me that they ask for them because the ones' that they have from the biometrics are 1 year old so they sometimes ask you if you rather use a more recent photo for the new GC. I asked someone that had an interview and in their letter they asked for the same thing, so I guess it's standard. I did read a few interviews that mention that they also take the fingerprints again with ink at the interview.

Anderson,

Buena suerta on your interview tomorrow!!!!!! My husband is Dominican and we are waiting to see if it will be RFE or Card Production for us.

Let us know how it goes....

Jema

<span style='color:blue'>I-129F Timeline

08/31/2004 - I-129F to Vermont via Fed Ex

09/01/2001 - I-129F Received/Signed for by Vermont

09/03/2004 - NOA 1 Online

09/10/2004 - NOA 1 Received by Mail

09/15/2004 - NOA 2 Online - 12 Day Approval

09/17/2004 - Petition Arrived at USCIS

09/20/2004 - NOA 2 Received by Mail

09/23/2004 - USCIS sent petition Consulate

09/30/2004 - Petition Received by Consulate

10/18/2004 - Fiance received Packet #3

12/20/2004 - Called Embassy to Advise P3 Checklist Complete

02/22/2005 - INTERVIEW in Santo Domingo!

02/22/2005 - Admin Review for Fingerprint Check

04/29/2005 - Visa Issued

05/14/2005 - Arrived at JFK; received Employment Auth Stamp

6/11/2005 - Married

2/22/2006 - AOS Interview - 2 Yr Conditional GC Issued

12/29/2007 - I-175 to VSC

01/18/2008 - NOA 1

02/09/2008 - Biometrics</span>

Anderson,

Buena suerta on your interview tomorrow!!!!!! My husband is Dominican and we are waiting to see if it will be RFE or Card Production for us.

Let us know how it goes....

Jema

Muchas Gracias

You guys are almost done, because of your timeline I think if they were going to send you a RFE they would have done it already, they're almost done with Dec. 2007. So your "card production ordered" is just around the corner. Also they are taking some time to update the online status, so you might receive the notice approval mail before the online status. Good luck :thumbs:

Andersen, How was the interview ? how did it go ?

hope everything is fine.. let us know

animated_us_flag.gifN-400 Naturalization

03/23/09 Sent N-400 to Lewisville, Texas by UPS

03/25/09 delivered

03/30/09 check cashed

03/31/09 NOA

04/03/09 Touched

04/24/09 Biometrics

07/18/09 Interview letter received

08/19/09 Interview -*APPROVED*

08/27/09 Oath date -** US CITIZEN **

09/01/09 Applied for passport

09/14/09 Passport Received !!!

• 2 months later...
hi anderson, I was wondering for the RFE, did you send in too little evidence for it to occur or if you can tell us what you sent to USCIS. Did the RFE cause you to get an interview. We are also in the NY area.

I don't know why they sent the RFE or the interview. I sent a lot of documents. Joint taxes (IRS transcripts), lease, joint saving and checking accounts, affidavits, utilities statements, life insurace with me as beneficiary, pay stubs with same address, driver's license with same address, mail address to both of us and to us individually, credit card statements, photos. All this I sent the first time.

For the RFE I sent basically the same things, plus updated documents and another year of taxes which we had done after I submitted the first time. I also sent boarding passes and itinerary of our trip to my country. And more updated pictures. Some people suggested that I might have received the RFE because a year had passed since I had submitted and USCIS wanted to see more updated documents.

The interview was easy, the adjudicator was very nice and didn't ask us any tough questions or anything like that. Well I was approved and have already received my GC.

The only thing that I didn't send was birth certificates for children because we don't have yet.

I've seen people that send a lot more stuff getting RFE and I've also seen people that just send little and get approved without RFE. So I guess that depends on the officer that gets your case.

Edited by cookiee

animated_us_flag.gifN-400 Naturalization

03/23/09 Sent N-400 to Lewisville, Texas by UPS

03/25/09 delivered

03/30/09 check cashed

03/31/09 NOA

04/03/09 Touched

04/24/09 Biometrics

07/18/09 Interview letter received

08/19/09 Interview -*APPROVED*

08/27/09 Oath date -** US CITIZEN **

09/01/09 Applied for passport

09/14/09 Passport Received !!!

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
hi anderson, I was wondering for the RFE, did you send in too little evidence for it to occur or if you can tell us what you sent to USCIS. Did the RFE cause you to get an interview. We are also in the NY area.

I don't know why they sent the RFE or the interview. I sent a lot of documents. Joint taxes (IRS transcripts), lease, joint saving and checking accounts, affidavits, utilities statements, life insurace with me as beneficiary, pay stubs with same address, driver's license with same address, mail address to both of us and to us individually, credit card statements, photos. All this I sent the first time.

For the RFE I sent basically the same things, plus updated documents and another year of taxes which we had done after I submitted the first time. I also sent boarding passes and itinerary of our trip to my country. And more updated pictures. Some people suggested that I might have received the RFE because a year had passed since I had submitted and USCIS wanted to see more updated documents.

The interview was easy, the adjudicator was very nice and didn't ask us any tough questions or anything like that. Well I was approved and have already received my GC.

The only thing that I didn't send was birth certificates for children because we don't have yet.

I've seen people that send a lot more stuff getting RFE and I've also seen people that just send little and get approved without RFE. So I guess that depends on the officer that gets your case.

Sounds to me like you were just randomly picked for the interview, not because they suspected fraud or anything...

Congrats on the approval!

Conditional Permanent Resident since September 20, 2006

Conditions removed February 23, 2009

I am extraordinarily patient,

provided I get my own way in the end!

Margaret Thatcher

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.