Andersen

I-751 Interview

26 posts in this topic

Well after sending more evidence two weeks ago for a RFE that I received, now they sent me a notice for an interview. In the letter it says to bring my expired GC, 2 2x2 photos, my passport, a photocopy of the RFE notice and the originals for what I submitted in the RFE.

My question is, if anyone knows, will the agent interviewing me have the package that I sent for the RFE? what I mean is does Vermont mails that package to my local office in NY?It was a very big package. I ask this because they want me to bring the originals and I don't know if it's to compare with the copies that I sent or if they're going to keep the originals which I don't think they should, I don't think they should keep my originals documents from my life insurance policy for example.

Please help.

Well after sending more evidence two weeks ago for a RFE that I received, now they sent me a notice for an interview. In the letter it says to bring my expired GC, 2 2x2 photos, my passport, a photocopy of the RFE notice and the originals for what I submitted in the RFE.

My question is, if anyone knows, will the agent interviewing me have the package that I sent for the RFE? what I mean is does Vermont mails that package to my local office in NY?It was a very big package. I ask this because they want me to bring the originals and I don't know if it's to compare with the copies that I sent or if they're going to keep the originals which I don't think they should, I don't think they should keep my originals documents from my life insurance policy for example.

Please help.

The agent interviewing has the right to ask for the originals of the documents that you submitted in your packet. Sometimes they keep it, sometimes not. Good Luck :thumbs:

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I would never go into an interview thinking they had everything anyhow. Better to always be over prepared.

Good luck to you.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

quote]

The agent interviewing has the right to ask for the originals of the documents that you submitted in your packet. Sometimes they keep it, sometimes not. Good Luck :thumbs:

I know they have every right to ask for the originals, what I would like to know is if the agent is going to have the package of copies that I sent to Vermont. Because I also find it strange that they're asking me to bring a photocopy of the RFE notice that they sent. They should have the original in the package that I sent.

Should I also do copies to bring to the interview or should I just bring the originals?

what date is your interview ?

animated_us_flag.gifN-400 Naturalization

03/23/09 Sent N-400 to Lewisville, Texas by UPS

03/25/09 delivered

03/30/09 check cashed

03/31/09 NOA

04/03/09 Touched

04/24/09 Biometrics

07/18/09 Interview letter received

08/19/09 Interview -*APPROVED*

08/27/09 Oath date -** US CITIZEN **

09/01/09 Applied for passport

09/14/09 Passport Received !!!

Should I also do copies to bring to the interview or should I just bring the originals?

Go with whatever you have. i would go with originals.. Don't worry ;i read so many removing conditions interview experinces, there is nothing to be scare of.

good luck !!

Edited by cookiee

03/25/09 delivered

03/30/09 check cashed

03/31/09 NOA

04/03/09 Touched

04/24/09 Biometrics

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
quote]

I know they have every right to ask for the originals, what I would like to know is if the agent is going to have the package of copies that I sent to Vermont. Because I also find it strange that they're asking me to bring a photocopy of the RFE notice that they sent. They should have the original in the package that I sent.

I would just take the originals.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Other Country: Austria
Timeline

Please help.

Wooow can't believe that you are picked for an interview!Good luck and keep me updated!

Timeline

My guess is that they "possibly" want to compare your originals with photocopies in the package(s) you have already sent them. It also could be part of the "routine" involved in getting called to interview. They just ask everyone to bring originals.

Did you cross out or mark out anything on the photocopies you sent? Like account numbers, phone numbers, etc.?

I expect the officer "might" want to look at an original to verify a photocopy, but not keep the original.

You've gone this far, just collect your originals and take them all as if they have nothing in the file.

kenk3z

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline

for my interview, the IO had my entire package from day 1, it was like a giant book, but like others say be safe and bring everything with you....

2004: I-485 Filed

2005: Interview & Conditional GC recv'd

05/2007: I-751 sent to TSC

06/2007: FP completed

05/25/2008: Recv'd letter that interview for 05/08 is being cancelled though I never recv'd a letter that interview was scheduled

06/2008: Cond'l GC 1yr extension expires 07/08, via info pass received a stamp in passport for another year

07/2008: recv'd interview notice for beginning of Aug

08/06/2008: I-751 interview and GC Apprv'l

08/20/2008: Physical GC Recv'd

05/2012: Eligible For Citizenship

Im not a lawyer (yet), so consider my posts accordingly...

for my interview, the IO had my entire package from day 1, it was like a giant book, but like others say be safe and bring everything with you....

what where you asked to bring to the interview? BTW my appoinment notice was just a simple white page, not the stationary paper where they usually sent notices, was your like that too??

Filed: Other Country: Austria
Timeline

Please help.

where is your interview?

• 2 weeks later...

andersen.

good luck with your interview again

where is your interview ? what are you taking to interview ?

03/25/09 delivered

03/30/09 check cashed

03/31/09 NOA

04/03/09 Touched

04/24/09 Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.