LuvMyDane

Receiving a Green Card without an Interview

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

I don't know why we got so lucky but we are overjoyed that we received "We welcome you to permanent resident status in the United States".

We have been waíting since March of this year to receive a notice for my husband's interview. We didn't have to interview and we are still in shock :D

It said his green card will be here in 3 weeks. What a long journey but I am thankful it's coming to an end. No longer do we have to hold our breath. Today we can exhale.

Good luck to everyone and here's wishing everyone the best :star:

Nov 2005 -met online

Feb 2006 -met in person

2006 Lived together in US for 6 mos

Jan 2007 -got engaged

2007 Living together until April

March 19, 2007 -sent I129-f

March 20, 2007 -package received at CSC stamped"USCIS RECEIVED"

March 26, 2007 - NOA1 approved

June 8, 2007 - NOA2 approved -received notice by snail mail June 13, 2007 petition has been sent to the NVC

June 27, 2007- NVC forwarded packet to Denmark

January 10, 2008-Interview at the Embassy

January 18, 2008-Visa Approved

February 14, 2008-Got married in Texas

March 2008- received SSN

April 2008-ASC/Biometrics Appt.

April 2008-Notice that case was transferred to CSC

May 2008-received EAD

November I485 Approved-Permanent Resident Card will be here in 3 weeks!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

congratulations i hope ours does......CONGRATS AGAIN

04/10/06: Arrive in USA on F1 visa.

08/15/08: Marry the most amazing woman in the world.

10/08/08: Sent AOS package to USCIS.

10/13/08: Package Delivered (I-131,I-765,I-130,I-485.)

10/20/08: Checks Cashed.

10/24/08: NOA's in mail for all, all receipt numbers show online.

10/28/08: Biometrics Appointment letter received for 11/13/08

11/13/08: Biometrics completed successfully, case touched online also i presume because of Biometrics

11/24/08: NOA for Interview

12/13/08: AP Approval letter sent out

12/18/08: EAD Card production ordered

12/20/08: AP arrives in mailbox

12/23/08: EAD Approval notice sent

01/20/09: Interview date in Mount Laurel, NJ (Cancelled but will still be attending this one also, realized why it was cancelled.....Inaugeration)

02/11/09: New interview date (Rescheduled due to cancellation letter)

02/11/09: Approved, Passport Stamped

9783.gif

Timeline
congratulations i hope ours does......CONGRATS AGAIN

Thank you and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you both!!! :D

Nov 2005 -met online

Feb 2006 -met in person

Jan 2007 -got engaged

June 8, 2007 - NOA2 approved -received notice by snail mail June 13, 2007 petition has been sent to the NVC

March 2008- received SSN

May 2008-received EAD

Timeline
congrats! :dance:

Thank you!!

Nov 2005 -met online

Feb 2006 -met in person

Jan 2007 -got engaged

March 2008- received SSN

May 2008-received EAD

Congratulations!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

K1 Timeline

02/26/2007 - Filed I-129F

03/08/2007 - NOA1

06/05/2007 - NOA2

09/10/2007 - Interview

09/13/2007 - Visa Received

12/14/2007 - Flight to USA, POE-LAX

02/22/2008 - Wedding Date

AOS

05/29/2008 - I-485 received at Chicago Lockbox

06/19/2008 - Biometrics

08/25/2008 - Card production ordered

08/30/2008 - Green Card received

ROC

07/15/2010 - Mailed I-751 to CSC

07/19/2010 - NOA1

07/21/2010 - Check cleared

08/11/2010 - Biometrics

08/24/2010 - Card production ordered

08/27/2010 - Approval notice received

08/30/2010 - Green card received

N400 - Naturalization

08/08/2011 - Mailed N400 to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

08/12/2011 - NOA

08/15/2011 - Check cashed

09/07/2011 - Biometrics

09/09/2011 - Case status update - In line for testing & interview

09/13/2011 - Case status update - Interview scheduled

09/16/2011 - Interview appointment letter received from the mail

10/31/2011 - Test/Interview - Passed

12/07/2011 - In line for Oath Ceremony Scheduling

01/27/2012 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Thank you!!! :)

Nov 2005 -met online

Feb 2006 -met in person

Jan 2007 -got engaged

March 2008- received SSN

May 2008-received EAD

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Thank you!!! :)

hi LuvMyDane

I can see from your timeline it's between NVC sent and the inteview it took 6 months in denmark . does it take that long ? because mine in denmark too.

thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Haven't been on the board in a long time....in between AOS and lifting of conditions, so no need. However, a friend of my wife recently got news of getting her green card without having an AOS interview (she came to the U.S. on a K-1 and got married just before the expiration). I came back to the forum to see if this happened to anyone else and sure enough it did.

First of all, congratulations to this poster. This e-mail is not intended to rain on your parade.

However, I also have to say that I'm a little bit miffed that this type of thing happens and I wonder why it does....seems kind of risky on the part of the U.S. government. I marred my wife in her country and then went through the K-3 process. After she arrived here, we filed AOS and then had the interview. On the other hand, my wife's friend came here on a K-1 and then married at the last minute. She eventually filed AOS and then gets told that she get a green card without an interview. Comparing the two cases (and given what I know), I would think the risk of giving an "automatic" (i.e., no interview) green card to a K-1 immigrant involves more risk than giving an automatic green card to a K-3 immigrant. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong or maybe I'm just biased given that I know our situation and I have a pretty good idea of my wife's friend's situation......and if either of the two of these cases really necessitated an AOS interview, it is my wife's friend and her husband and not us.

So, I guess I'm wondering if anyone has any idea why the U.S. government would NOT require an AOS interview for all K-1 immigrants.....seems prudent to me. Are these "not interview" green cards only going to K-1 immigrants? Or to K-3 immigrants also?

I'm just very curious, because I can't quite understanding the governments thinking on this.

5/25/06 - We met in Bogota

8/12/06 - Officially engaged in front of her family

9/15/06 - Married in Bogota by notary

10/7/06 - Wedding Blessing and reception in Bogota

I-130:

9/21/06 - Mailed to Texas

9/29/06 - NOA date (received on 10/11)

12/02/06 - NOA 2 received

I-129F:

10/13/06 - Mailed to Chicago

10/18/06 - NOA 1 date (received on 10/22)

11/27/06 - E-mail notification that petition approved!

12/02/06 - NOA 2 received

12/06/06 - Called NVC and got case number; told that petition had been forwarded to embassy in Bogota!

12/11/06 - DHL delivered petition to embassy.

12/13/06 - Adriana faxes "packet 3" information to embassy.

12/15/06 - We send "packet 3" information to embassy via courier.

12/22/06 - Return from honeymoon to find both packet 3 and 4 at my wife´s home in Bogota.

1/19/07 - Embassy interview - APPROVED! (Visa received on 1/22/07)

1/26/07 - Adriana and daughter to arrive in Miami

I-485 and I-797:

2/12/07 - AOS and EAD sent to Chicago lockbox

5/7/07 - Employment Authorization card received

8/28/07 - Re-scheduled (from 6/28) AOS interview in Orlando - AOS approved.

9/13/07 - Wife and step-daughter receive green cards

I-751:

6/1/09 - I-751 mailed

11/18/09 - Removal of Conditions approved

Citizenship:

10/26/10 - Citizenship interview (successful)

10/29/10 - Citizenship ceremony and oath

Haven't been on the board in a long time....in between AOS and lifting of conditions, so no need. However, a friend of my wife recently got news of getting her green card without having an AOS interview (she came to the U.S. on a K-1 and got married just before the expiration). I came back to the forum to see if this happened to anyone else and sure enough it did.

First of all, congratulations to this poster. This e-mail is not intended to rain on your parade.

However, I also have to say that I'm a little bit miffed that this type of thing happens and I wonder why it does....seems kind of risky on the part of the U.S. government. I marred my wife in her country and then went through the K-3 process. After she arrived here, we filed AOS and then had the interview. On the other hand, my wife's friend came here on a K-1 and then married at the last minute. She eventually filed AOS and then gets told that she get a green card without an interview. Comparing the two cases (and given what I know), I would think the risk of giving an "automatic" (i.e., no interview) green card to a K-1 immigrant involves more risk than giving an automatic green card to a K-3 immigrant. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong or maybe I'm just biased given that I know our situation and I have a pretty good idea of my wife's friend's situation......and if either of the two of these cases really necessitated an AOS interview, it is my wife's friend and her husband and not us.

So, I guess I'm wondering if anyone has any idea why the U.S. government would NOT require an AOS interview for all K-1 immigrants.....seems prudent to me. Are these "not interview" green cards only going to K-1 immigrants? Or to K-3 immigrants also?

I'm just very curious, because I can't quite understanding the governments thinking on this.

in my own understanding, because the US Government thinks that it is still safe to marry in US than being fooled by some applicants that marriage they have were fake =( thats why k3s often have cases of AOS interviews for more evidences

AOS 2009

January 21 - Sent AOS, EAD & AP

January 23 - Received package

January 30 - NOA 1

February 19- Biometrics Appointment

March 12- Received notice to Appear for Initial Interview (March 5 notice date)

March 26- AP Received by Mail

March 26- EAD Card Production Ordered by email (CRIS)

March 30- EAD Card arrived in mail

April 13- AOS interview approved (Thanks God)

April 20- Welcome Letter Received

April 25- Green Card Received

in my own understanding, because the US Government thinks that it is still safe to marry in US than being fooled by some applicants that marriage they have were fake =( thats why k3s often have cases of AOS interviews for more evidences

AOS 2009

January 30 - NOA 1

For the most part, there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the issuance of a green card sans interview. I've seen interviews required from Canada (low fraud country) and no interviews from Vietnam (high fraud country).

The ones that really make me scratch my head in confusion is the couples that marry in the US after an overstay of a visitor visa and then adjust status. I know of one couple personally that did this and she received a green card without an interview in less time than we did going through the K-1 route.

Dawn

Our journey to be together (work in progress)

March 2007 - Met online

1/28/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC

5/13/08 - Visa in hand!!!

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

7/20/08 - AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

11/18/08 - AOS approved!!!

11/25/08 - Received welcome letter...and Green Card!!!

12/21/08 - ceremonial wedding

10/9/10 - Sent I-751 and started the fresh hell that is ROC

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

10/29/10 - received appointment for Biometrics

11/22/10 - Biometrics appointment

Currently: Living blissfully with my Essex lad...

For the most part, there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the issuance of a green card sans interview. I've seen interviews required from Canada (low fraud country) and no interviews from Vietnam (high fraud country).

The ones that really make me scratch my head in confusion is the couples that marry in the US after an overstay of a visitor visa and then adjust status. I know of one couple personally that did this and she received a green card without an interview in less time than we did going through the K-1 route.

Exactly! I too know someone who overstayed her visa and married to a us citizen just to apply for greencard, got approved without interview! Unfortunately, his husband couldnt sponsor all her family members (who are all overstaying the visa) for AOS. Another sibling will marry US citizen soon for AOS purpose, its unfair for those who are going thru legal and proper way. These people must be banned for 10 years.

AOS 2009

January 30 - NOA 1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.