47 posts in this topic

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Ugh just found out my front brakes are at 5% and I've been driving around totally oblivious! Time to take care of that one, eh?

First I'm off to the gym. Sugar free red bulls and spin class = me spinning like crazy! go, go, goooooooo! :energy:

Jeanne, where do you live? Its even hotter where you are than where I am!!!

I'm in Tucson, Arizona!

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Timeline

It's 41 here today and partly cloudy. Moscow is quiet. Apparently what is on my agenda today is offending anyone who lives in Egypt with factual articles coming out of their news. I didn't choose it though it was what became apparent this morning.

I think this is the second person I've offended living in Egypt. The first one I offended was with my articles I post in the Human Rights in Egypt thread.

I wonder if I will become an expert on Egypt by just living there like some of these women claim or if I am allowed to gain my expertise by garnering the news articles coming out of there and reading up on MENA related issues through books? Granted I'm not Egyptologist that's for those who want to study ancient history. :P

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Happy Caturday everyone

Staashi- ur niece is sooooo cute tucking herself in bed like a grown up awwww!!

Kelly- u have take a couple of days off of work!!! i hope u get well soon and yes def. see a doctor!! kiss Zaid for me thank God he is better now :D

jJ- yalla Jackie lets see some enegry c'mon.

Olivia- i dont get offended by ur egyptian news lol if its the truth; heck it needs to be spread! i know the faults of my country and i will admit them anytime.

just relaxing here again hubby working from 4 till midnight :( and yes its freezing!!!!

lyrics.jpg

Timeline
Happy Caturday everyone

Staashi- ur niece is sooooo cute tucking herself in bed like a grown up awwww!!

Kelly- u have take a couple of days off of work!!! i hope u get well soon and yes def. see a doctor!! kiss Zaid for me thank God he is better now :D

jJ- yalla Jackie lets see some enegry c'mon.

Olivia- i dont get offended by ur egyptian news lol if its the truth; heck it needs to be spread! i know the faults of my country and i will admit them anytime.

just relaxing here again hubby working from 4 till midnight :( and yes its freezing!!!!

Well that is good to know that I have one Egyptian Female Friend for the Truth!! :thumbs:

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi everyone! (even though it's 4:40pm) :) I went to work, taught my Islam class and now I'm home cooking dogs in a blanket (they're all beef don't worry haha).

Still waiting to hear from the bookstore behind my apartment. Inshaallah I will get a job in the cafe! Pray for me.

catpuccino.jpgHitmewiththat128413895676208750.jpg

12531741_bodyshot_300x400.gif6783001_bodyshot_300x400.gif

th_Photo234.jpgth_n12419841_46691023_7582.jpgth_n12419841_46531579_2583.jpgth_n12419841_45773452_4168.jpg

th_l_c84498a71b1eeba4d00cd9963dd0a85a.gif

kb7wan37jt.png

Filed: Timeline

Happy Saturday MENA and all our vistors :P(F)

I'm off to get Mom at the airport soon! I can not believe it! So excited...Dad's bbq'ing up some tritip and making some garlic bread...YUMMYY!!! :dance:

Going to get babies ready!!

Ash...I miss you :( dunno...just wanted to say that!

Kelz...Thank you for all your sweet messages HERE and on my phone!! Wish you guys were closer so you could come and eat w/ us!!!

HLM :P Babes ur messages checking in always make me smile! (F)

My bootie and knee are much better after my spill in the kitchen!! :P But our sink was still leaking up until about 1 hour ago! After it was "fixed" we found out it was not the pipe but the soft water system...dear god keep me from screaming!! :innocent::whistle:

Laterzz Peeps! :star:

Timeline

Aww im glad i make u smile! :innocent: much love to u sis :luv: I ask God to bring Momma safely to u guys and have a wonderful wonderful time together as a family!!! i can imagine it will be hard for her to leave after falling in love with ur adorable babies :star:

Cant wait to have mine but have to wait till jan. coz of the vaccines i took for the visa! <_< oh well Alhamdulillah for everything :star:

lyrics.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hey guyssssssssss, Ayman got his drivers license today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeahhhhhhhhhh!!! I just thought I'd share that with ya!!

Annie....I hope her flight went well and she has a wonderful time loving those two little cutie pies of yours.

Kelly...seriously chic...sounds like you have tonsilitis. It will just keep getting worse if you don't get on an antiobiotic. Let me tell you something that my husband has started doing this week. Malek has slept in his own bed since he was about two months old. Well, this week Ayman has been getting him up if he whines a little bit and laying in our bed with Malek on his chest. He said he needs to feel the hug of me or him. I am totally taken back, yes baby's need to feel their parents love but I think he is going to make matters worse for him and not to be selfish but me too! Like Malek is taking a step back and having to be put to sleep not soothing himself. I don't know what to do I have tried explaining this to him but he doesn't get it!!!

Good luck Leyla on the job!!

Oliva...hey I think that most Egyptians are aware of their country having faults. You know they hear news stories about us sometimes before we even do. My husband has told me stuff days before I have heard a peep of it here. Every country is like this...you just keep learning what you can. I enjoy reading your posts.

Sheherazade...girlfiend, i need some of what you have!!!!

Sara...I still think our babies are related somehow!!!

HLM...you pour thing..I am telling you that it is so cold here I feel sorry for my husband. He was shaking almost uncontrollably this morning getting into the car. Stay warm chic!! I hope you don't get too bored waiting on hubby to get home!!

Jeanne...could anybody see the space station or just the peeps in Arizona???

Everybody take care and have a great night!!!!

Timeline

THATS GREAT NEWS!!!!! i feel its an accomplishment really!!! congratulations sister Tasha :dance: but then u wd have to schedual ur work together but hey that takes away a huge burden off u :D Even tho i drive very well.....IN EGYPT LOL i feel like i will have a hard time here in the US!! its soo funny we come across an empty street and hubby stops i give a look on my face like -hey the road is clear!! move!!- then i look up and i see the red lights and im like -oh :blush: ! sorry! :whistle:

Edited by HisLittleMasriyah
lyrics.jpg

Timeline
THATS GREAT NEWS!!!!! i feel its an accomplishment really!!! congratulations sister Tasha :dance: but then u wd have to schedual ur work together but hey that takes away a huge burden off u :D Even tho i drive very well.....IN EGYPT LOL i feel like i will have a hard time here in the US!! its soo funny we come across an empty street and hubby stops i give a look on my face like -hey the road is clear!! move!!- then i look up and i see the red lights and im like -oh :blush: ! sorry! :whistle:

Girl, if you can deal with traffic in Egypt you will be able to drive here easily. Just learn the traffic laws and you will do fine. My husband had a buddy from Egypt that has been here about 4 years. Anyways, when this guy went to take his drivers exam the examiner said you never once looked at your side mirrors. The guy laughed and said I'm sorry I'm from Egypt and NOBODY has mirrors on the side of their cars!!! :rofl:

Yes, it did take loads off and it is an accomplishment. He has failed it a few times from being overly nervous but today he made me very proud!!

Leyla, my baby loves pancakes!!! He can eat 1.5 himself!!! They are heavy on your stomach though.

Timeline

Didnt have any pancakes in the loooongest time! but hey i tried Ben n jerry's yesterday for the first time with bana split flavor and... OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG ITS THE BEST EVER!!!!! i dont know how i was able to put it down and not finish the whole pint at one time!! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

lyrics.jpg

Timeline

Tasha omg congratulations!!!!! Usama got his permit last Friday but still hasn't gotten behind the wheel yet.

We just got back from 4 hours in the ER. Right before work he started getting a crushing pain in his chest and couldn't take a deep breath so I took him to the ER and they did the EKG, chest xray and a few other things to rule out the heart and lung so they said he must have pulled a muscle right in his chest and midback. He's quite the happy camper with all the meds in his system but lemme tell you that scared the sh!t out of me! :blink::blink::blink: My parents came to the ER and my dad took me aside to see if I had a life insurance policy on him and you know what I don't. We decided first thing Monday we're getting a policy. God forbid that had been the big one I have no clue how much it would cost for me to bring his body to Cairo, have a funeral, etc. Money is the LAST thing I'd wanna be stressing about if that happened. I know it's morbid but thank you God now I can make up a plan of action. At least this got us to discuss the "what if".

I think everyone should have that discussion because for us it's a very different story than most since does he want to be buried her or in MENA, you know? And to just plan everything out so that you have it all down what to do so you don't have to think. I would absolutely want an interpreter somehow on hand because his sisters don't speak a lick of English and I would want to be able to bring at least a couple of family members with me so that's all $$$$$.

He's on the phone with a friend and I'm watching I Love Lucy. I'm addicted to that and MASH lately.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.