w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

The hijab is a symbol of oppression, sexism and perversion - Agree or disagree?

146 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
Religion all of them are slanted usually towards the males, that is why I am changing to Rastafarian, at least they have some extra benefits, how cool is that. lol

I'm curious, what are the benefits of the Rastafarian belief? I was told about it a few years ago when I was in Jamaica. But it was all information from a guy (our taxi driver).

all the weed ya can smoke, mon!

You can have that if you go Hindu and worship Shiva too...

That reminds me of a recent episode of "Taboo" on NatGeo I saw. Anyone see that show? They showed that festival (sorry I don't remember the exact name of it) every year in KTM where everyone comes and the sadhu's smoke weed all day long. Its the one day of the year in Nepal people are allowed to smoke weed without getting arrested. Damn those people can smoke! :wacko:

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
You know, I don't see the hijab as repressive - burqa totally so, hijab no.

I will say though that the Blessed Mother didn't dress that way for any particular reason except that it was the cultural norm, and as I pointed out in the thread the other day, it is still the norm in many MENA countries. So, would Mary feel comfortable taking off her veil, probably not...she'd probably feel naked without it, as I'm sure that most MENA women who do cover would feel.

Just curious and not debating but how do you know that the only reason Mary dressed like that was due to cultural reasons? I mean Paul does state somewhere that women should cover their head so maybe there was a religious reason for it. I don't see anywhere written that this is why she wore it but I don't see anything that says it's not either so imho we just don't know.

Well, remember, Mary wasn't a Christian...she was a Jew. Jewish, Christian and Islamic women traditionally wore veils as a sign of propriety. Paul's letter to the Corinthians was about how people should pray or prophesy not how they should maintain themselves at all times.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
i supose it could be oppresive if ur going to be killed since u didnt wear it. but dont we all have free will from God. so telling someone they have to do something that god gives them their choice on would be oppresive.

anyway. no need to slam christians just cuz u have no other answer for the question. this is a cop out to change the question about islam or muslims to focus on christians.

i am christian. Just calling the troll out.

Why buy into a transparent thread that was posted to elicit arguments about religion? lol

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Honestly, they have their own culture , their own way of dressing and we have ours. As long as they don't meddle with how we dress I really see no oppression, sexism and perversion. Bottomline is. . . let them be .

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
If I got some smoke out of it I would wear Hijab, I could care less what people wear, but if you throw some weed in the mix I will wear just about anything, maybe not a bikini, but if it is something to cover up, count me in. lol Charles you worship much at the house of beer? :devil: I respect your church as long as you respect my church. We should just try to all get alone, but since the beginning of time, man has rage war and killed for what he believes in.

i'm in a subsect - the bottle beer church. we don't get along too well with the canned beer sect. ^_^

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Religion all of them are slanted usually towards the males, that is why I am changing to Rastafarian, at least they have some extra benefits, how cool is that. lol

I'm curious, what are the benefits of the Rastafarian belief? I was told about it a few years ago when I was in Jamaica. But it was all information from a guy (our taxi driver).

all the weed ya can smoke, mon!

You can have that if you go Hindu and worship Shiva too...

That reminds me of a recent episode of "Taboo" on NatGeo I saw. Anyone see that show? They showed that festival (sorry I don't remember the exact name of it) every year in KTM where everyone comes and the sadhu's smoke weed all day long. Its the one day of the year in Nepal people are allowed to smoke weed without getting arrested. Damn those people can smoke! :wacko:

Omg I saw that too! I love Taboo it's a wonderful show! :)

pic06.jpg

12531741_bodyshot_300x400.gif6783001_bodyshot_300x400.gif

th_Photo234.jpgth_n12419841_46691023_7582.jpgth_n12419841_46531579_2583.jpgth_n12419841_45773452_4168.jpg

th_l_c84498a71b1eeba4d00cd9963dd0a85a.gif

kb7wan37jt.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

AJ your a troll now? :whistle:

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: Country: Iran
Timeline
i'm in a subsect - the bottle beer church. we don't get along too well with the canned beer sect. ^_^

And what's your opinion of the boxed wine sect? Are they heretics/infidels? Keep in mind that the bottled wine sect disapproves of the boxed wine sect due to their lower caste status. Let's not even get started on the wine cooler sect... Everybody knows they are fanatics.

Filed: Timeline

And what's your opinion of the boxed wine sect? Are they heretics/infidels? Keep in mind that the bottled wine sect disapproves of the boxed wine sect due to their lower caste status. Let's not even get started on the wine cooler sect... Everybody knows they are fanatics.

Those who drink wine from a box are sub-human.

AJ your a troll now? :whistle:

No, he was troll before. Before that he was Agent Smith.

:P

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.