mox

Christmas Gift Ideas for your Russian/Ukranian Family

50 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Brad and Vika!

Im going to order them on december, 1st, they will be ready around december. 5th. I can pick them up right away without shipping, because I leave 5 mins away from hershey chocolate factory. And will send them to Russia at the same day.So my family will get on Christmas :yes:

Mariya

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
mox!

There is web page www.hersheygifts.com, they have a catalog of the hershey gifts and you can call them and order your own cholocate bar.For example, you can order to write your family members names on it or something like "happy holidays". They will make your order in less than a week and send it by mail. I was thinking about ordering 5 pounds chocolate bar! :devil:

Mariya

Ahhh, very cool!

I think the 5 pound chocolate bar will be a Christmas present for Mariya... :yes:

Brad and Vika!

Im going to order them on december, 1st, they will be ready around december. 5th. I can pick them up right away without shipping, because I leave 5 mins away from hershey chocolate factory. And will send them to Russia at the same day.So my family will get on Christmas :yes:

Mariya

Interesting. And the mail will bring them intact and on time?

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

We are sending clothes, for nephew neices, cousins, MIL, FIL, sisters BILs. They love our clothes and find clothing especially childrens in Russia is cost prohibitive. Chocolates come from Russia to here, my wife can't stand American chocolate, however, my MIL loves the cherry mashes I brought her, go figure. We also include a bill of lading itemizing all goods, make sure that the customs listing doesn't exceed $100, and e-mail the itemized list to Russia so whoever picks up the package opens it in front of postal people and verifies the contents. Our packages have taken up to 2 months to arrive, for some reason they get hung up in customs in Moscow, but we have never experieinced any loss of contents yet.

mox!

There is web page www.hersheygifts.com, they have a catalog of the hershey gifts and you can call them and order your own cholocate bar.For example, you can order to write your family members names on it or something like "happy holidays". They will make your order in less than a week and send it by mail. I was thinking about ordering 5 pounds chocolate bar! :devil:

Mariya

Ahhh, very cool!

I think the 5 pound chocolate bar will be a Christmas present for Mariya... :yes:

Hey guys,

You can also order custom M&M's, but they're pricey.

Timeline

Brad and Vika!

I want my presents to be in Russia between Christmas, december, 25th and New Year, december, 31st. Even if presents will be their till Orthodox Christmas, january, 7th, it will be good enough for me.

Nobody can guarantee you that your relativies will get presents right on Christmas :yes:

Mariya

My Russian family gets the same thing my American family gets... a phone call!

Do you wait for her to leave the house before calling her, or do you just sit on the couch and call her in the kitchen? :lol:

Last year I called through the open doorway out to the balcony.... in Punta Cana. Hopefully we can do something like that again. I must be the biggest cheapskate in the world because I always go on vacation for the holidays and don't buy anyone gifts. Not even souveneirs. Nada. Net. (It's not that I don't want to, it's just that I'm broke by the time I get back!)

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

I always send my mom barbecue sauce, peanut butter, maple syrop and popcorn. She loves all these things!

I also buy her cute Christmas socks and pijamas, she always appreciate it. Clothes is always a good present since you can get good stuff on sale in Macy's while in Russia you will have to pay the full price for everything. Baby clothes is always appreciated by my Russian girlfirends.

Drew (St. Louis, MO) + Lyuba (Moscow, Russia)

December 1, 2003 - met and fell in love in Moscow, Russia

K-1

June 24, 2004 - NOA1

September 14, 2004 - NOA2

December 2, 2004 - Interview

December 24, 2004 - Arrival to the USA

January 14, 2005 - Wedding

AOS

January 25, 2005 - applied for AOS, EAD and AP in person

June 29, 2005 - AOS interview

August 8, 2005 - Green card arrived

Lifting of conditions

April 17, 2007 - NOA1 (extension letter)

April 2, 2008 - case transferred to CSC

May 8, 2008 - 10 year Green card arrived

Naturalization

July 24, 2008 - NOA1

November 19, 2008 - Interview

January 9, 2009 - Oath

January 17, 2009 - applied for US passport

January 26, 2009 - US passport arrived

DONE WITH IMMIGRATION

Brad and Vika!

I want my presents to be in Russia between Christmas, december, 25th and New Year, december, 31st. Even if presents will be their till Orthodox Christmas, january, 7th, it will be good enough for me.

Nobody can guarantee you that your relativies will get presents right on Christmas :yes:

Mariya

Thanks! I guess you just have to manage their expectations about delivery - although they may not be at all surprised by any delay.

Present

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I need help finding podstakanik (Russian tea glasses). My friend Tanya has a burning desire to fill her house with these (little metal holders with handles and a heat proof glass that fits inside). She had closets full of them in Russia but after 15 years in America she can't go back to get them. I found some Russian stores on line that sell them for crazy prices ($70 ea) but know they must exist somewhere for a lot less. I looked everywhere for them in Russia last Sept but nobody there wants "that old junk". Anybody know where I can find these? Also the replacement glasses.

Feb 11, 2005 ZAGS wedding in Moscow

Aug 7,2005 married in the Cathedral in Dmitrov

June 27, 2008 mail I-130

July 11,2008 sent I-129F

Oct 2, 2008 Yuri received packets 3+4 from US Embassy Moscow

Nov 20, 2008 Interview....VISA APPROVED!!!!!!

Dec 10, 2008 Yuri arrived! No problems :)

April 20, 2009 mailed AOS

May 4, 2009 medical exam

May 21, 2009 biometrics done

June 5, 2009 received EAD by mail

Aug 10, 2009 interview-given greencard congradulations letter with stamp

Check the Arab market near you. They're big tea drinkers too and they use those little cup things. Super sweet tea! That stuff rocks! A cup of sweet tea, a puff on the hoookah, a handful of dates...... lounging on a carpet in a room full of men doesn't sound like a lot of fun, but interestingly enough, it's actually very enjoyable.

(Expecting the rainbow references to start any time.....)

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Check the Arab market near you. They're big tea drinkers too and they use those little cup things. Super sweet tea! That stuff rocks! A cup of sweet tea, a puff on the hoookah, a handful of dates...... lounging on a carpet in a room full of men doesn't sound like a lot of fun, but interestingly enough, it's actually very enjoyable.

Agreed, it's actually pretty fun. The sugar high coupled with the smoked fruit high is pretty strange. And it's not gay unless your hookah's are touching.

Agreed, it's actually pretty fun. The sugar high coupled with the smoked fruit high is pretty strange. And it's not gay unless your hookah's are touching.

:lol: I....can't.....say....it. It's just too easy :rofl:

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.