Christmas Gift Ideas for your Russian/Ukranian Family

50 posts in this topic

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Don't know if these are good ideas but it is what the wife wants to do......

MIL is getting a set of really good kitchen knives or a set of teflon coated pots and pans..

FIL is getting a battery operated drill or a AM/FM/CD player for his car...

YMMV

My Russian family gets the same thing my American family gets... a phone call!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline
Don't know if these are good ideas but it is what the wife wants to do......

MIL is getting a set of really good kitchen knives or a set of teflon coated pots and pans..

FIL is getting a battery operated drill or a AM/FM/CD player for his car...

Not sure if it's only Russian tradition BUT when giving out knives as a gift, the person receiving it must pay for it. It's been going around for years and years. I don't mean to pay the full price, but the receiver should pay a penny, dime, nickel, quarter...anything, as long as it looks like "they" bought it and paid something for it. I would assume it's only Russian traiditon. Otherwise, it's known as a bad luck.

12/14/09 - I-751 mailed

12/23/09 - Check cashed

12/28/09 - NOA1 (dated 12/21/09)

01/03/10 - I-797 NOA received for biometrics appt

01/26/10 - Biometrics appt.

01/27/10 - Touch

04/29/10 - Approved

reminder for myself: apply for citizenship in november 2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hey!

We've already made christmas cards with our picture( me and Corey) on it. Also we'll be sending hershey chocolate bar with their names on it.Isn't a cool idea?

Mariya

Hey!

We've already made christmas cards with our picture( me and Corey) on it. Also we'll be sending hershey chocolate bar with their names on it.Isn't a cool idea?

Mariya

That's cool! Where do you get Hershey bars with their names on it?

And how do you send them and make sure they arrive on time?

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

I think sweaters, socks, etc might be nice....especially cuz Russia can get hella cold! :D

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

Filed: Timeline
I like pie.

cherry or strawberry rhubarb ?

Dutch Apple and/or Pecan

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

mox!

There is web page www.hersheygifts.com, they have a catalog of the hershey gifts and you can call them and order your own cholocate bar.For example, you can order to write your family members names on it or something like "happy holidays". They will make your order in less than a week and send it by mail. I was thinking about ordering 5 pounds chocolate bar! :devil:

Mariya

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.