PhiLandShiR

Questions about the interview

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi,

I was reading over a post : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...ost&id=4619

And the last few words have me a bit worried...

"I asked some of them why it took so long and it's either there are some documents missing or the age gap is too big."

What is this about age?? I was under the impression that age was of little consequence.

I am older than my fiancée and now I am worried that there may be problems that will result in a failed interview.

What can anyone tell me about this?

Thanks

GWN

At my fiances interview the screener said to my fiance after she asked me to walk away from the window "this man is 60 years old how can you love him?" my fiances answer was "he is not 60 he is 47 and i love him" i don't think i look that old in fact i am told i look younger than my age.

She (fiance) asked me why did she say this to her. all i could come up with is she was testing her to make sure she knows my true age i was not allowed into the interview but i was not worried because i know she loves me and that will show in interview she was approved with no problems and she should have her visa in hand in the next few days ....... interview was 10/20/08............... she is 23

Edited by JusaboB

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

72 and 19....and do you think it is PURE LOVE???? come on...reading the post here I have noticed that the most of philipinas are really really younger than their husbands..and i have read too that a good number of couples get divorce quickly..especially the ones with a huge age difference...we have to be honest with ourselves...a man who is 60, 65, 70 years old, married with a 19, 20, 23 years old woman..it really is going to work out???...in 5 years he will be 75 or 80 years old and she 25 :wacko: ....just a little thing to think about....

04/08/2008...Married

USCIS

07/15/2008...send I-130 form

01/20/2009...APPROVED...NOA2...wooohooo!! **NOA2 175 days after NOA1**

NVC

2009-01-27 : Case Number Assigned

2009-01-28 : DS-3032 sent (by e-mail)

2009-01-30 : DS-3032 and AOS bill generated

2009-02-04 : IV Fee bill generated

2009-02-03 : Response from NVC to emailed DS-3032

2009-02-03 : DS-3032 Choice of Agent accepted

2009-02-23 : AOS PAID (online)

2009-02-23 : IV bill PAID

2009-03-10 : AOS package sent to NVC

2009-03-10 : DS-230 sent to NVC

2009-03-25 : RFE in AOS package (NVC wants 2008 tax returns)

2009-03-27 : sent RFE to NVC

2009-03-31 : NVC got our package...***please, no more RFE***

2009-04-03 : case complete at NVC

Embassy

2009-04-09 : Forward the case to Embassy

2009-05-04 : Medical

2009-05-12 : Interview at Embassy in Lima, Perú ***VISA APPPROVED***

2009-05-14 : Visa in Hand

2009-06-05 : POE Newark, NJ...with my love

PETITION FOR STEP-DAUGHTER

USCIS

2009-07-03 : I-130 Form sent to Chicago LockBox

2009-07-09 : NOA1 Case is pending at CALIFORNIA CENTER...(I hope it goes faster than mine)

2009-09-20 : NOA2 APPROVAL

2009-10-01 : NVC Case number

2009-10-02 : DS-3032 emailed

2009-10-06 : got AOS Bill by mail

2009-10-10 : got IV Bill by email

2009-10-13 : AOS Bill PAID

.png

I have to be honest also I won't marry a man who's older than my dad or with a step kids who's older than me cause I would be under the scrutiny of my family which is much more important than others opinion. But let's give credit to those in the situation as that is their choice that's their problem not ours. Hope they are happy of their choice and overtime they will develop love.

72 and 19....and do you think it is PURE LOVE???? come on...reading the post here I have noticed that the most of philipinas are really really younger than their husbands..and i have read too that a good number of couples get divorce quickly..especially the ones with a huge age difference...we have to be honest with ourselves...a man who is 60, 65, 70 years old, married with a 19, 20, 23 years old woman..it really is going to work out???...in 5 years he will be 75 or 80 years old and she 25 :wacko: ....just a little thing to think about....

well, ive lived in davao city, PI for abt 3 years, and have my visa renewed every month/every 2 months with the rest of volunteers/interns from my org at the local immigration office. most of the time for every regular foreign-local girl couples who were there, there will be at least one "couple" where the guy is actually really old (like 60-70ish) and the girl looking around granddaughter age (like 19ish, no she didnt look young, im asian i know the difference). i think in my 3 years, there were at least 3 times that i went there, that there will be a white USC guy on wheel-chair, with his bride. :( and im not even joking... of course this brings concern (well, or gossip) to everyone there (locals, foreigners at that office). one time, my german friend chatted with one of these chatty wheel-chair bound men asking whats going on. and he said he's not close to his family, nobody take care of him, so he got married to this girl, she takes care of him, he provide her with money and shelter and will leave the house to her when he pass on, wayyy better than going to old folks home no? so win win situation for both of them. when we ask why not just get her visa as caretaker then, well his language was not so pretty of course :whistle: Dont know if he goes through K1 or the spouse visa route tho. And i wonder how she got through the interview at USEM.

Edited by faryan
.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.