SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and farrin (part 10)

5,134 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
jakeswife, since you're in Jamaica, how do you feel about leaving? I remember when I left in 1979. It's still fresh in my head. I know you'll breeze through the interview, so don't fret, have faith.

i will miss my brother but i know i will keep in touch. i left grand cayman after i resign as a flight attendant to marry my husband.i didn't plan to stay in jamaica after we got married at sandals negril. we thought based on the info we received that i could get married and do the paperwork while i was with my husband in the States- NOT. so coming back to jamaica wasn't planned. that's one of the reason why this process was so hard because we were separated right after we got married and i had to withdraw my b1/b2 visa so i could no longer travel to see him. it was hard because i was use to travelling back and forth from cayman to see him when we were engaged.

Okay. I didn't know. I have a lot of family in Cayman. It's expensive there (well, to me). Don't worry, my cousin was misinformed as well. She's in the states now, but it took almost 2 years for her to get here. Sandals Whitehouse is beautiful. I would love to have a wedding there. That's the one in St. E, right.

I thought it was in Westmoreland

I LOVE MY RAMPING SHOP!!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Personally, I could care less what the ring is - real, fake, whatever - to me, it's the symbolism behind it and the fact that he thought enough to do it. Even though we both know where we are going with our lives, we haven't done the official proposal yet - DJ said that he won't do that until the divorce is final - I told him that I want the full romantic works = it's not about the size of the ring, it's that he cares enough about me to do it the traditional way.

Sus, any progress with the lawyer?

I'm so emotional today for various reasons. Damien is leaving Thursday morningg to attend the funeral in JA :crying: he didn't want to go but I thought it was best.

Sorry Girl....how long will he be gone?

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning everyone

Ells congrats on the NOA :yes:

I pray you all have a blessed day. I just finished my HR Mgmt class with an A baby :dance: now on to Financial Analysis :crying:

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline
Sus, any progress with the lawyer?

Your guess is as good as mine - he's supposed to call him tomorrow :bonk:

Good morning everyone

I pray you all have a blessed day. I just finished my HR Mgmt class with an A baby :dance: now on to Financial Analysis :crying:

Congrats Jonesie! What is your degree in? I am doing my MS in HR Management

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
Good morning everyone

Good job Jonesie!! Your hard work is paying off.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Until Monday. The funeral is Sunday. He wanted to leave Friday or Saturday but it was hard getting a flight at the last minute.

Good morning everyone

Good job Jonesie!! Your hard work is paying off.

Ditto. Congrats :thumbs:

Timeline
:dance::dance: I am so happy for you! Our "friends" from the other place don't always know what they are talking about! So negative and quick to judge! When do you get to go back to JA again, i forget? Steve was telling me about his friend that we know "K" getting a new jet ski and jeep. And he apparently got a second van/bus. All from his gyal from farrin! I had to remind him to come back to earth.....that all women are not rich with money and that life here is far different from where K's german gyal is! :rofl:

The other place totally doesn't get it - Were you on there when the Firemon picked up a prostitute and got slapped on the back for all his doggy posts about her?

Ells, Who are you on there?

Hmmm....don't think I was on the board then or might have missed that one...sounds interesting!

I deleted my profile several weeks ago and only participated for a short time. It's pretty 'cliquish' and as ladyd stated, judgemental. I also get tired of ignorant posts talking about how folks think they know how things run there but they only know it from a tourist standpoint. They don't realize that the people working for them are working for slave wages and they have no problem talking up the 'slave masters' properties and how great those people are. Yeah, great that they pay their people less than the equivalent of $150 US each month....they should be applauded! NOT!!!!

I have to wonder if we are even talking of the same forum??? Dare I give its name??

I think I know. Sus sends me over there from time to time.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Just got back from the gym. Y'all are so funny...cracking up ova here.

Portland - Congrats and welcome back

Dillon - your daughter is sooooo cute

Islandwoman - Aruba is quiet but there's a huge Jamaican community down there

Jawi - nice picture...you and your sister are beautiful.

Going back to :reading:

If you are going to Aruba, I may be able to hook you up. I know a gal from another JA website who works for a resort in Aruba. Her BF is a DJ around the island.

WOO HOO!! Just got home and checked the mail and my NOA1 came! The journey has begun! Now we just gotta be patient.

Yeah!

Can you have Portland blow some my way too! I have been waiting since July and it really seems never ending.

You don't want me any where near it. My timeline is never ending! :wacko:

Hang tough, Dillon. It's coming.

alright ladies im pretty tired so i think im gonna crash....LOL

cant wait to go back to work tomorrow ( :no: ) J/k but thankfully its a short week.

ANyhoo, congrats Ells on filing, i am waiting for my stuff to come back from JA from D, so that i can type and make it look nice and purty, then i have to dig up some money so i can go ahead and send off our forms, im tired of waiting....LOL

Im keeping my fingers crossed for a miracle that i can go to JA but right now its not looking to good, guess i will be going in February if things dont go as planned.

DIllon your baby is adorable she reminds me a bit of irie cats little girl, Tierra

Island how is your guy? were you able to reschedule???

Yeah, Honey. That's who she reminds me of. I couldn't think who I was thinking of. She looks a whole lot like Dillon! Just adorable. I cannot wait to meet her.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Morning! One more day to go and this week is a wrap!!! hippee!

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

Timeline
island not really, im just not as bytchy and evil this week cause im done PMS ing, there still seems to be no resolution to the drama at this point, other than the fact that BAbymomma told D, her aunt told her all farrin woman are evil and wicked and that im gonna get him over there and do something evil or wicked to him i guess...LOL.... i knew all this drama indirectly had something to do with me ( shaking head)

SHe also seems to think once he comes a farrin, that he is no longer gonna care for the kids, hell he has been taking care of them why would he stop? Yeah its tiresome, and a pain in the butt most days.

Glad to hear A is doing ok.

It's the $$$$ she's worried about. Don't let her distract you with the thoughts of you doing something to her.

Andre's friend told him I was going to chop him up, cook him, and eat him once he got here. At one point, when I was really mad at that guy, I wanted to send him a box of some sort of animal bones, just for the hell of it. If I wasn't afraid the FBI would be at my door, I would've.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
I have an opinion question? For your engagement ring did/do you want a real diamond or would you be happy with an imitation?

IMO..... I am such a penny pincher I'd rather put that hard earned $$$ into our home instead of a diamond. Its what the ring symbolizes anyways right?

I have real diamonds; but they are teeny tiny in a setting that makes it look like a decent sized solitaire. It is beautiful.

In the end, it is up to you. Only YOU need to be happy with whatever you get. I know some who have not done an engagement ring at all. They just splurged on the wedding rings. It's really all up to what ou are comfortable with.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Can you have Portland blow some my way too! I have been waiting since July and it really seems never ending.

You don't want me any where near it. My timeline is never ending! :wacko:

You have a point there. LOL!

Let me ask her myself....

PORTLAND.....canyou blow some of your magical pixie dust my way? I want my approval.

I will try.... lol

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

Timeline

Until Monday. The funeral is Sunday. He wanted to leave Friday or Saturday but it was hard getting a flight at the last minute.

I can imagine because alot of people will be traveling home from thanksgiving. I flew on t-day one time - it was a good day as it was really quiet, but the Air Jamaica plane was packed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.