SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and farrin (part 10)

5,134 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Happy Monday Morning! Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend. Only 3 days of work this week :dance:

Mi haffi work pon Friday :crying:

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

wa ya deal wid my gyals and bwoyz..

Good to be back for a likkle while. my trainee is not in yet so I am TRYING to read up on what I missed.. Had a GREAT weekend w/ plenty of dancing, couple of bday parties (umm bday cake) and fun times w/ family...

i did see ur pics kimmy.. WALK OUT FLY GIRL WALK OUT!!! mi see wha mek kashi luv ya lang time!!

i saw the story on notmrs.. hate to bring up old stuff, but I remember when I found VJ and my thoughts about their outcome were not good at all.. Everything happens for a reason tho and rocks in our way can be stepping stones if we let them..

it does make me think (being honest, I do think about it time to time) about the chances it could be me.. I, like nycgirl, am always interested in how things play out to TRY and better equip myself for the future. Of course every situation is different, but knowledge is power and I am a sponge when it comes to collection.. I may not use it all but its better FOR ME to at least HAVE the info.

I am gonna tell u ladies.. I KNOW that if RG was a USC, I would not be marrying him so soon and he knows that as well. Although we've known each other over a year, I have only seen and been w/ him MAYBE 6 weeks. We talk and he knows I have reservations, especially with my first marriage ending up the way it did.. Sometimes he just seems too good to be true, and don't worry, I know he might just be a FANTASTIC man and I don't let my anxiety get in the way and cause problems w/ us and what we could be, I continue to watch our progress and just take mental notes :lol:

I have told myself that if the time comes and I do end up marrying him and then it does go sour for whatever reason (fraud or we didn't know each other well enough) that the opportunity to feel the way he makes me feel would be all worth it.

anyway.. I say all that to say that my "flag" that I worried on was the fact that he said he never met anyone he wanted to marry.. I told him that disturbed me. that he had 2 long term girlfriend prior, had children w/ them and never wanted to marry them. WHY ME?? he said he just never felt this way HMMM could be true.. I am a DYNAMIC young woman :content:

i mentioned before about his inexperience w/ RAISING children, will he get here and think all this is too much?? also w/ saving and paying bills, I hate when he is broke cuz I am BIG on budgeting. Anyway just doing my mnthly little worry session, this time on VJ.. thanks for listening LOL

Timeline
Where did you get granted, Yardie? At immigration or did you have to go to the embassy?

I got it at immigration. I had to prove where I was staying...give them a name, address and phone number of who was my "guardian"...basically who would be responsible for me while I was in JA...not sure why as I wasn't a minor or anything but nonetheless. I know I got grilled a bit cause I wasn't staying in the tourist area or a hotel or anything. They wanted to know how I was going to survive in JA for all that time without working.

My last trip I flew into Kingston - I had a chatty immigration officer =- She stamped me for 6 months, I was shocked.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Question to the thread: What's the longest vacation in Jamaica that you've had?

In Jamaica - 3 weeks.

In Barbados - 4 months, I was in heaven.

Morning Claire, I have seen that joke, love it!

How are things with Mike?

I would love to hear more about Barbados...we are planning our 5 year renewal honeymoon and it won't be in Jamaica. If you can please pm me the info Sus :yes:

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline
I would love to hear more about Barbados...we are planning our 5 year renewal honeymoon and it won't be in Jamaica. If you can please pm me the info Sus :yes:

Sending you a quick PM with a to do list of stuff that I had put together for a co-worker - But search on "Best of Barbados" on Google - they run some great package deals - Let me know if you have more questions!

Timeline
My last trip I flew into Kingston - I had a chatty immigration officer =- She stamped me for 6 months, I was shocked.

And you didn't take advantatge and stay!?! :P

LOL - Maybe I can sneak back, my visa is still good! Trust me, I wanted to - But work was calling :crying:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

In Jamaica - 3 weeks.

I have to work Friday as well :angry:

I would like info on Barbados as well. I collected ceremony info in Aruba as well, if you are interested. Their prices were decent.

Timeline

In Jamaica - 3 weeks.

I have to work Friday as well :angry:

I would like info on Barbados as well. I collected ceremony info in Aruba as well, if you are interested. Their prices were decent.

I will start a new thread with info -

Filed: Timeline
You did? I can't remember the process I went through when I moved back in the 90s. I was harrased a lot last year, because I went home I think 8 times (may have been more),but my grandmother was sick. Once at POE the IO told me I had the same story, so I got mad and asked him if he would like me to change it and what he would like me to change it to. :angry:

:unsure: I did what? Get granted 6 months or have a hard time getting granted 6 months? Not sure what your asking...

It was hard for you to get the 6 months granted.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm suppose to workFriday..but mi REQUEST IT off...mi no quite decide if mi a go stay home or not..considering i wouldn't get paid for it...i used all my PTO

Quana wah gwaan

longest i stayed in JA was about 5wks this was when I had Kimora..usually it's 3wks

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
I'm suppose to workFriday..but mi REQUEST IT off...mi no quite decide if mi a go stay home or not..considering i wouldn't get paid for it...i used all my PTO

Quana wah gwaan

i could have requested it, but may not have gotten it.. u know it was a POPULAR day to be requested.. I said i might as well go to work, its gonna be sooooo slow.. di people dem tink we closed :devil: ..

NUH TELL A SOUL !!!

Filed: Timeline

Quana wah gwaan

longest i stayed in JA was about 5wks this was when I had Kimora..usually it's 3wks

Kimmy,

There is the last name. KHIZANISHVILI

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.