SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and farrin (part 10)

5,134 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks all!!! seems like I missed a lot! Island, I was looking for your SO, I am so sorry to hear what happen, but glad they are ok!

I got home this morning at 1am so tired but my boss is not here, so I am super happy I get to chilled and we have a three day work week too we get out at 1pm on Wednesday! So happy!

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
My biggest problem after 3 weeks in JA was that I was craving a cheeseburger, lol - If I could get a decent one like I get at home in JA, I would be good!

There used to be a McDonalds in MoBay that I liked. I think it closed about 4 years ago. Burger King...their burgers in JA are too sweet.

I didn't try the Burger King burgers. That's where the kids wanted to go when we day tripped to Negril. I just ate a tossed salad and Jr was looking at me like I had 3 heads. Finally he asked if I was eat a bowl of vegetables like that was unheard of?!?!

My biggest problem after 3 weeks in JA was that I was craving a cheeseburger, lol - If I could get a decent one like I get at home in JA, I would be good!

There used to be a McDonalds in MoBay that I liked. I think it closed about 4 years ago. Burger King...their burgers in JA are too sweet.

The burgers in the Caribbean are just not the same - I gave up on eating burgers there years ago.

Probably not beef.... :whistle:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
YARDS.......I'm freezing. :crying: it's so cold...I need a live blanket 24/7/365

Girl mi too :yes: Mi here a wear 3 shirt, 2 pair a sock, pants wid leggings unda dem an mi still look business casual :lol: Plus I have my space heater on. I hate being cold :(

Timeline
My daughter is a huge Twilight fan. She read each book several times. Her school had a Twilight party Thursday night and some kids went to the midnight show. They were really disappointed in the movie.

I am going to start reading them as well.

You should read them :yes: My sis and I went to see the midnight showing of the movie. Boy were there some interesting people there :lol: I was disappointed in the movie...the book was way better but it could be to the fact that they had a pretty low budget and the special effects were cheesy. My sis never read the books (she has started since the movie :P ) but she really loved the movie...probably cause she had no expectations going in like some of us.

That's the way most are, Yardie. That's why I usually refuse to go see a movie of a book I really loved. Only one's I've thought meshed best...

The House of Sand and Fog

The Outsiders

The Notebook

The Harry Potter Series does a decent job; but far from perfect

I literally was cussing before, during, and after the Interview With a Vampire movie. Waste of 2 hours of my life seeing that!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Timeline

I didn't try the Burger King burgers. That's where the kids wanted to go when we day tripped to Negril. I just ate a tossed salad and Jr was looking at me like I had 3 heads. Finally he asked if I was eat a bowl of vegetables like that was unheard of?!?!

The burgers in the Caribbean are just not the same - I gave up on eating burgers there years ago.

and I don't think it's GOAT either....I won't dare say. :rofl:

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Ha ha.......mystery meat!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
My daughter is a huge Twilight fan. She read each book several times. Her school had a Twilight party Thursday night and some kids went to the midnight show. They were really disappointed in the movie.

I am going to start reading them as well.

You should read them :yes: My sis and I went to see the midnight showing of the movie. Boy were there some interesting people there :lol: I was disappointed in the movie...the book was way better but it could be to the fact that they had a pretty low budget and the special effects were cheesy. My sis never read the books (she has started since the movie :P ) but she really loved the movie...probably cause she had no expectations going in like some of us.

That's the way most are, Yardie. That's why I usually refuse to go see a movie of a book I really loved.

I agree, I am excited to see Twilight...but a little worried because of the same thing!

I am going to see it Wednesday on my day off! I am excited.

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Timeline
[quote

5 months

Wow..that is a long time. Did they give you a hard time coming back to the States?

Coming back to the states I didn't have any problems whatsoever. I did have a bit of a problem getting granted 6 months to stay in JA. They asked questions and had to get some extra info but that was it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good Morning Everyone! I am sooo tired! but so happy! As you all know we were approved!

Welcome back Portland. Congrats again Girl!! Did you get my voicemail?

No, he has like 3 different digicel chips, so that one wasn't is everyday chip it was the only one with the international minutes on it so once we made all our calls we took it out the phone..

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

Timeline
That's the way most are, Yardie. That's why I usually refuse to go see a movie of a book I really loved. Only one's I've thought meshed best...

The House of Sand and Fog

The Outsiders

The Notebook

The Harry Potter Series does a decent job; but far from perfect

I literally was cussing before, during, and after the Interview With a Vampire movie. Waste of 2 hours of my life seeing that!

Yeah that's true...most books made to movies aren't that great. It didn't ruin it or anything for me - just made me love the books that much better :D

Timeline
YARDS.......I'm freezing. :crying: it's so cold...I need a live blanket 24/7/365

Go away Lawns.......

LOL - DJ was saying that he wishes he was here so that he could be mine - Then I told him how long it had been since I shaved my legs.... :whistle:jawdrop.gif

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
I agree, I am excited to see Twilight...but a little worried because of the same thing!

I am going to see it Wednesday on my day off! I am excited.

Did you read all the books? I have not met one person that has loved the books and loved the movie. It just seems that we all have such high expectations cause the books are so awesome and if you are any kind of reader you probably have a "movie" in your head...this movie will not even come close. There was so much laughing in the theatre I was amazed...it was cheesy and low budget. I can't wait to hear what others have to say. The movie by itself is good...connected to the book and what people were hoping for is what doomed it IMO.

Filed: Timeline

Coming back to the states I didn't have any problems whatsoever. I did have a bit of a problem getting granted 6 months to stay in JA. They asked questions and had to get some extra info but that was it.

You did? I can't remember the process I went through when I moved back in the 90s. I was harrased a lot last year, because I went home I think 8 times (may have been more),but my grandmother was sick. Once at POE the IO told me I had the same story, so I got mad and asked him if he would like me to change it and what he would like me to change it to. :angry:

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.