SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and farrin (part 10)

5,134 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I was there for 15 days. I must admit I was ready to come home. I was having a good time..just started to miss my normal hussle and bussle {sp??}.

That's exactly what happens to me. I start missing my own space and ease of driving. Things seem harder and more confusing at times. I wonder if that would change though if I had my own house instead though. I know just having at kitchen at Sandcastles last time made a difference. It was like we had our own little apartment there.

TL; you're brave you drove from Mobay to Hanover and elsewhere. Most Jamaicans returning swear they would never get behind the wheel.

I drove from Mobay to Manchester a few times..not that fun... hahaha

M. was impressed though... the bush I learned to drive in isnt too different from jamaica.. hahaha

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Love all the pics :D

Kimmy the girls are so precious and look at you - HOT GYAL!

Portland - Congrats on getting approved :dance:

Island - so sorry to hear about what happened :( Glad they are ok. On another note...looks like you had a great time in Disney :D

Roxcie - glad you are having a good time in JA...eat some Jerk for me :D

Yes I am catching up :blush:

Timeline
My biggest problem after 3 weeks in JA was that I was craving a cheeseburger, lol - If I could get a decent one like I get at home in JA, I would be good!

we found a little side shop in Spaldings that had hamburgers like home and they were HUGE, fully loaded and only like $150

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

Filed: Timeline

Welcome back PORTLAND.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Welcome back PORTLAND.

yes, and CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now what??

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
My biggest problem after 3 weeks in JA was that I was craving a cheeseburger, lol - If I could get a decent one like I get at home in JA, I would be good!

There used to be a McDonalds in MoBay that I liked. I think it closed about 4 years ago. Burger King...their burgers in JA are too sweet.

THANK God! My sister, her boyfriend and two of my cousins ended up at Mobay Hope after eating there and we reported it when we got back to the states. Found out a few people came down with stomach ailments.

I must have intestines fo steel then!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Happy Monday Morning! Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend. Only 3 days of work this week :dance:

For some.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Hey Solsoeur I really enjoyed meeting u and Eastbound one night we have to get together and go to the Jamaican club!!!! Me and hubby went to see Twilight he talked all thru the movie( he naw like them duppies) but he liked the movie.

I just started reading the book. Only one chapter in and I am hooked.

Oh my! I love those books...I read them all in 9 days :blush: I got hooked.

Timeline
My daughter is a huge Twilight fan. She read each book several times. Her school had a Twilight party Thursday night and some kids went to the midnight show. They were really disappointed in the movie.

I am going to start reading them as well.

You should read them :yes: My sis and I went to see the midnight showing of the movie. Boy were there some interesting people there :lol: I was disappointed in the movie...the book was way better but it could be to the fact that they had a pretty low budget and the special effects were cheesy. My sis never read the books (she has started since the movie :P ) but she really loved the movie...probably cause she had no expectations going in like some of us.

Question to the thread: What's the longest vacation in Jamaica that you've had?

5 months

Filed: Timeline

YARDS.......I'm freezing. :crying: it's so cold...I need a live blanket 24/7/365

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Question to the thread: What's the longest vacation in Jamaica that you've had?

5 months

Wow..that is a long time. Did they give you a hard time coming back to the States?

I have work to do...but I'm bored...or maybe lazy...I don't have the motivation to complete it. :help:

Timeline
Happy Monday Morning! Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend. Only 3 days of work this week :dance:

For some.

I thought about that after I posted...sorry you don't get a short work week. I don't know what I would do if I didn't get a break...I would go mad. These people kill me.

Timeline
TL; you're brave you drove from Mobay to Hanover and elsewhere. Most Jamaicans returning swear they would never get behind the wheel.

I'm more confidient in my driving than riding in a taxi or bus or with his friends! Especially now.... the other day I was telling A I wanted to travel by bus for the experience, but not so much now. :whistle: I'll rent a car. My mother thinks I'm a bad driver here - I tell her I'm the best driver in JA. :lol:

Last year I drove from Kingston to Hanover and then back the next day. It is definitely a team effort though - I do the driving and he does the telling me where to drive. We got a system down now.

Which part of Hanover you drive to?

Sandy Bay is where his Aunt lives.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.