SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and farrin (part 10)

5,134 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I was there for 15 days. I must admit I was ready to come home. I was having a good time..just started to miss my normal hussle and bussle {sp??}.

That's exactly what happens to me. I start missing my own space and ease of driving. Things seem harder and more confusing at times. I wonder if that would change though if I had my own house instead though. I know just having at kitchen at Sandcastles last time made a difference. It was like we had our own little apartment there.

I'm sad with all the talk of food. I can't cook...more than likely will be sitting in my bed alone on Thanksgiving.

Awww Jawi.... :crying: Maybe your family will bring dinner to you! Dinner a-la bed style.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline
4 months SUS!!!! How did you get that much time off from work?

I was there for 15 days. I must admit I was ready to come home. I was having a good time..just started to miss my normal hussle and bussle {sp??}.

I had 6 weeks of vacation time and I took an unpaid leave. Spending that long in Barbados is a bit different than doing it in JA - Barbados has a much more English culture to it, and similar shops, etc...

Next question - has anyone taken the Air Tran from Penn Station to JFK?

Not from Penn Station - but I take it from the Long term parking all the time - it's easy -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
TL; I drive by there everyday.

Okay my girl. I'll link you if I firm it up. I had the thought last night that if my boss gives me a nice x-mas bonus this year, I would take my son down. I think that would be a great life experience for him.

Filed: Timeline

That's exactly what happens to me. I start missing my own space and ease of driving. Things seem harder and more confusing at times. I wonder if that would change though if I had my own house instead though. I know just having at kitchen at Sandcastles last time made a difference. It was like we had our own little apartment there.

TL; you're brave you drove from Mobay to Hanover and elsewhere. Most Jamaicans returning swear they would never get behind the wheel.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Question to the thread: What's the longest vacation in Jamaica that you've had?

In Jamaica - 3 weeks.

In Barbados - 4 months, I was in heaven.

Morning Claire, I have seen that joke, love it!

How are things with Mike?

They are okay for right now. I have been working a lot so we have not really spent a lot of time together becasue when I get home he is fastened to the tv and I just go to bed. We are like an old married couple. Boring, isn't it??? :lol::lol:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline
Not from Penn Station - but I take it from the Long term parking all the time - it's easy -

I always park in the discount parking and they shuttle me by bus. I'm thinking instead of driving down to drive to Albany (1 hr) and then taking Amtrak down which drops me at Penn. They I can hop the Air Tran - says that drops you right at terminal 4. I would have to pack right light cuz that would be a pain lugging all over the place.

Timeline
Claire,

You still need my help?

Gowey wid yuh liyad self. :angry: Me awright. Me do it miself a copule weeks ago when me did a wait pon yuh. Me a pass DC Wednesday, so when yuh hear deh dor bell ring yuh betta answa hit :angry::angry:

Timeline
TL; you're brave you drove from Mobay to Hanover and elsewhere. Most Jamaicans returning swear they would never get behind the wheel.

I'm more confidient in my driving than riding in a taxi or bus or with his friends! Especially now.... the other day I was telling A I wanted to travel by bus for the experience, but not so much now. :whistle: I'll rent a car. My mother thinks I'm a bad driver here - I tell her I'm the best driver in JA. :lol:

Last year I drove from Kingston to Hanover and then back the next day. It is definitely a team effort though - I do the driving and he does the telling me where to drive. We got a system down now.

Claire,

You still need my help?

Gowey wid yuh liyad self. :angry: Me awright. Me do it miself a copule weeks ago when me did a wait pon yuh. Me a pass DC Wednesday, so when yuh hear deh dor bell ring yuh betta answa hit :angry::angry:

(((((((((((((((((CHUPS))))))))))).....(((((((((CHUPS)))))))))

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
My biggest problem after 3 weeks in JA was that I was craving a cheeseburger, lol - If I could get a decent one like I get at home in JA, I would be good!

After being at Disney I told the kids were are not eating any pizza, burgers or chicken nuggets till 2009. :blink:

Timeline
Claire,

You still need my help?

Soh yuh a go answa de door or what???? :angry::angry:

Timeline
Ok JG - I promised you Mickey!! Sorry they are big but I didn't have the patience to resize them all in photobucket.

My kids are the whiteies and the other two are my neice and nephew.

Mickey.jpg

Aladdin.jpg

Castle.jpg

ChipandDale.jpg

Goofy.jpg

Powerranger.jpg

Snowwhite.jpg

This sign was how we would find our hotel building - my kids thought it was just for them since our name is Love:

Loverecords.jpg

i love the pics Island, my son is a huge power ranger fan too! he was so excited to met them on my last visit to Disney.

love.jpg

Claire,

You still need my help?

Soh yuh a go answa de door or what???? :angry::angry:

big langgggggggggg (chupssssssss) again....mek Marcel ansah it. I'm sure he'll cook you something. I can't wait for Thursday to see him and daddy throw down.

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.