SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and farrin (part 10)

5,134 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi Guys,

My saga continues. After sending my I134 to the embassy twice (they did not receive it even though I have a confirmation of receipt), I sent another one to my SO to personally take it to them and emailed them to ask for date to bring it in. I just received an email with an appt date of Jan 26, 2009, 1:30. Am I wrong to be infuriarated? My interview was Nov. 12. How much more torture do they want me to endure?

I am sorry to hear that Shaunsgal, I went to church the other day and the message was denial is not defeat, its just a time to strength your faith!

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

HELP ME PLEASE. I AM READY TO REMOVE THE CONDITIONS ON MY 2YR VISA AND I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO START.

Met at a wedding Jan 22 2000

engaged August 22 2005

married January 18 2006

filed i-130 march 7 2006

medical Febuary 20 2007

interview march 6 2007 approved

waiting for airpack to deliver my visa

MARCH 9 RECEIVE VISA IN HAND

US entry March 17 2007

received ssn card on March 24

Remove conditions Mar 16 2009

received email stating i was approved July13 2009

recieved notice in mail and 10 year green card July20 2009

Husbands love your wives as Christ loves the Church,Wives submit yourself unto your own husband.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Congrats Shanette!

So we finally got our package from FedEX, how about they cut the envelope open and put a yellow sticker on it that it was open by fedex for security reasons. Its not a big opening cause you still cant get the stuff out but its enough to peek in and see that's paper! so tomorrow morning we will go back to the airport and see what happens.

So good to hear that this nightmare is about to come to an end :thumbs:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Anyone else see the video of George Bush getting the shoe thrown at him? I thought they were joking when I heard it on the radio. Steve said JA is all a buzz about it! :jest:

I bet! And I bet they all wish the guy had made contact (like I did)! :devil:

Yeah it was his last visit to Iraq, they have the guy in custody still.

I imagine they're taking it very seriously. I'd almost venture to say that the guy risked his own life in doing that. Not so long ago he would've (literally) lost his head over that one! I hope somehow he gets off lightly although I wouldn't bet on it. At least he can know that much of the world is applauding his efforts! Just too damn bad that Bush was so good at ducking that first one and had the other guy block for him on the second! :whistle:

Seriously? He is still our president. That man still disrespected the leader of our country...in essence perhaps that means our country as a whole.

I dont hope he gets off lightly. I dont want him dead..but that is a huge sign of disrespect

Well, no disrespect to you for your opinions but YES, seriously! The current leader of our country does not deserve any respect in my opinion. He has put our country into monumental debt, is responsible for the deaths of thousands of people and has created animosity from hundreds of nations with his foreign policies (not to mention his last-minute 'midnite regulations' that he snuck under the radar doing damage to any gains made to protect the environment). If Bush had shown respect for his constituents and other nations, he wouldn't have been shown a lack of it. The reporter is a hero to many for the courage he showed despite the potential consequences.

Edited by Ellsinlove

Timeline
So educate me a likkle...what's Rebel Salute??

Rebel Salute is by far one of the best reggae shows that I have ever been to - it's in the hills of St. Elizabeth and is an all night show put on by Tony Rebel - so many people and such a nice vibe, except for the cold! I think it's January 16th this year.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
Hi Guys,

My saga continues. After sending my I134 to the embassy twice (they did not receive it even though I have a confirmation of receipt), I sent another one to my SO to personally take it to them and emailed them to ask for date to bring it in. I just received an email with an appt date of Jan 26, 2009, 1:30. Am I wrong to be infuriarated? My interview was Nov. 12. How much more torture do they want me to endure?

Shaunsgal, you have ever right to be infuriated - I would email them with the confirmation information - or try calling, at this point, I would see if your congressman would help - it can't hurt. I would probably be storming the embassy, you have been way more patient than me!

HELP ME PLEASE. I AM READY TO REMOVE THE CONDITIONS ON MY 2YR VISA AND I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO START.

Jodie, there is a thread in this forum about removing conditions - I'll see if I can find it and bump it - Jomo'sgirl and some others just did it, and they posted step by step info.

Congrats on the approval, Shanette!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
Good Morning:

For anyway that cares ;)........

APPROVED, THANK GOD!!!!! I wrote a review that goes into more detail

AWHHH we are too happy for you girlie. Congratulations!!!

Hi Guys,

Hang in there Shaunsgal. Time will go so fast once the interview is complete!

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS Shanette!

Love is a gift and not to be earned, therefore one should never hold any regrets for giving love regardless of the outcome...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/share/immigration-and-economy?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=email221-text1&utm_campaign=immigration

event.png

Filed: Timeline

whats going on ladies, its been quiet around here.

MY HAPPINESS IS SOLELY UP TO ME AND

LIFE IS ALL ABOUT CHOICES, U DONT HAVE TO REMAIN IN UR CURRENT SITUATION IF U DON'T CHOSE TO BE!!!!!!!!!

***SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO FORGET HOW YOU FEEL AND REMEMBER WHAT YOU DESERVE***

Timeline

I know i am a night owl so when I am online everyones asleep. How is it in Chi-town?

"Patience with others is Love, Patience with self is Hope, Patience with God is Faith."--

Adel Bestavros

Its pretty bad,but hey when you been here your whole life you get use to it. but i am so ready for a change.

LIFE IS ALL ABOUT CHOICES, U DONT HAVE TO REMAIN IN UR CURRENT SITUATION IF U DON'T CHOSE TO BE!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

I know I had to Leave NY after living there for like 15 years. Its way too cold up there! Right now its about 70 degrees in Orlando B)

"Patience with others is Love, Patience with self is Hope, Patience with God is Faith."--

Adel Bestavros

I know I had to Leave NY after living there for like 15 years. Its way too cold up there! Right now its about 70 degrees in Orlando B)

MUST BE NICE, ONE DAY I'M GOING TO BE MAKING THAT MOVE SOUTH MY OLD BONES CANT TAKE THIS COLD TO MUCH LONGER.

Edited by MSNELLY

Timeline

Yea its nice but I miss the snow sometimes especially around Christmas time, doesnt really feel like christmas when we are in the pool swimming. The great thing is I get to visit my boo often cause tickets are a lot cheaper here. I am thinking about going in a couple weeks.

Adel Bestavros

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.