SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and farrin (part 10)

5,134 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I really don't want this to become a habit. The admin came in now. But she has a habit of telling me where she is going or will be so that if someone is looking for her for me to tell them. :crying::crying: I'm not used to this. Can I just get a desk and area in my department? My team members don't have to deal with this. :wacko::blink:

I completely understand - I would speak to your boss about your concerns - but honestly, if you step in and find someone to handle it for them, it will make you appear more of a team player than not = which helps in your career when your name comes up -

Part of it is just the fun of cube life = I am mixed in with another dept - we all just deal with the questions about where so and so is = if we don't know, it's an I don't know answer. Only directors in my company have offices (or rather, glass fishbowls, lol) since they remodeled to an open environment - it;s just something I learned to deal with.

I agree KK. Handle it and then tell the boss and let them know you've worked it out but you want it noted

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I wondered if you were still going because your timeline is gone. You leave a few days before me..........how long will you get to stay? I am staying 2 weeks.

I had played with my sig and my timeline wouldn't work, I just have been too lazy to put it back, lol - I leave on the 26th for 12 days.

I have not been to JA in December-January and I am wondering what to expect for weather? I mean should I actually pack jeans and a sweater (except for the need getting there)? I went over the summer and was fine, hot but not too hot, but my friend said that I should expect it to be very windy and cold especially at night.

I was fine in tank tops and skirts in Jan - Except for Rebel Salute!

Oops, Morning all! I am working from home today, then have my holiday lunch at 12 pm - It is at a restaurant about 5 minutes from where I live = I refuse to drive an hour in traffic, work 3 hours, and come back!

So educate me a likkle...what's Rebel Salute??

event.png

Timeline
Going home to prepare saltfish with breadfruit :dance: Lawny, u want some?

yummy!!

Afternoon Yardie crew........................

Check out that timeline down below!!! I thought it was never going to move! :clock: Can I pack now or I gotta wait? Steve said not until I got 6 days left!!! :crying:

I just finished final exam #1 and got 2 to go on Thursday and Friday!

Hey MrsLady!

Soon come..

I hate how it used to take so long for the time to come and once you're there it went by so fast! How long has it been since you've seen each other? Any plans or just gonna stay in bed all day? :devil:

5 1/2 months.......but feels like forever!!! No real set plans. He is taking me to some more of the fam!!! :blink: I am super nervous about that! I only met 1 brother and 1 cousin so far and that was just because we ran into them when we went to his hometown to get his birth record. I oddly have this fear that I won't measure up (to what I? I don't know) or that I will be stereotyped because I am from farrin', because I am white, because I ain't skinny....my stupid list can go on for days! I did tell him though that we were locking ourselves in the room the first few days, that is of course after we see the fireworks........I arrive on New Years Eve and aparently in Negril they have them!

Wow you must really be missing your sweetie pie. Don't be nervous about meeting the folks they are going to form their opinion and there is not much you can do to change it other than being your loving sweet self. You can never go wrong with that. AND stop focusing on not being skinny everyone isn't meant to be. Some of the smallest women can't find or keep a man either - it's what's on the inside that counts. You man loves you just as you are - work that...work that..

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Timeline
Good morning everyone!!!

I have a question.

So this morning I was asked to assist with getting a contact person for setting up a video conference for a meeting for one of the executives here. Now, I'm in the Internal Audit department. I am a senior internal auditor. However, there weren't any desk available in the internal audit department area so I sit across from the CFO, Chief Accounting Officers, etc. Get my point..the big dogs. I also share a space with their admin assistant. She is not here today, so I was ask to seek out the info to help the executive. Am I wrong to not feel that I should be doing this task? I'm not his assistant or her back up. I just happen to sit next to her. I want to talk to my boss and ask what I can do to not be ask to do admin assistant task for the executive. I don't mind doing thing here and there...but I DON'T want this to become a habit.

Let me know your thoughts.

KK

HHHmmmmm KK that can be a rough one! Hard to know what is the best thing since it is the "big dogs" asking the task of you. It can be easy to get sucked into it becoming habit if they see that you are willing and able too! Maybe someone else here will be able to give you some good advice! Good luck...I can see that becoming a BAD habit.

event.png

Timeline
Going home to prepare saltfish with breadfruit :dance: Lawny, u want some?

yummy!!

Afternoon Yardie crew........................

Check out that timeline down below!!! I thought it was never going to move! :clock: Can I pack now or I gotta wait? Steve said not until I got 6 days left!!! :crying:

I just finished final exam #1 and got 2 to go on Thursday and Friday!

Hey MrsLady!

Soon come..

I hate how it used to take so long for the time to come and once you're there it went by so fast! How long has it been since you've seen each other? Any plans or just gonna stay in bed all day? :devil:

5 1/2 months.......but feels like forever!!! No real set plans. He is taking me to some more of the fam!!! :blink: I am super nervous about that! I only met 1 brother and 1 cousin so far and that was just because we ran into them when we went to his hometown to get his birth record. I oddly have this fear that I won't measure up (to what I? I don't know) or that I will be stereotyped because I am from farrin', because I am white, because I ain't skinny....my stupid list can go on for days! I did tell him though that we were locking ourselves in the room the first few days, that is of course after we see the fireworks........I arrive on New Years Eve and aparently in Negril they have them!

Wow you must really be missing your sweetie pie. Don't be nervous about meeting the folks they are going to form their opinion and there is not much you can do to change it other than being your loving sweet self. You can never go wrong with that. AND stop focusing on not being skinny everyone isn't meant to be. Some of the smallest women can't find or keep a man either - it's what's on the inside that counts. You man loves you just as you are - work that...work that..

I miss him like crazy! :crying: Some days are better than others though. I wish we could spend Christmas together, but I have my 2 kids to be with. They are already upset that I will be gone for 2 weeks! I know I shouldn't focus on my size, it is just my own insecurity. A man wouldn't be with me if he cared that much about it right? Steve always tells me that he loves my gorgeous body :blush: and that he misses his "big baby" :whistle: . I am just so insecure sometimes that I feel like "why does he keep pointing out that I am big?" and he once felt the need to tell me that the last woman he was with was bigger than me. I often take things too personally and I am consciously aware of that and try to be open minded about it. Thanks for the pep talk... I appreciate it!

event.png

Timeline

So its snowing here, my baby ran to the closet and got his coat and went outside like a big kid! asking if I am not coming! hell nah!

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I may have missed it if she posted but did ShaNette get approved?

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline
I wondered if you were still going because your timeline is gone. You leave a few days before me..........how long will you get to stay? I am staying 2 weeks.

I had played with my sig and my timeline wouldn't work, I just have been too lazy to put it back, lol - I leave on the 26th for 12 days.

I have not been to JA in December-January and I am wondering what to expect for weather? I mean should I actually pack jeans and a sweater (except for the need getting there)? I went over the summer and was fine, hot but not too hot, but my friend said that I should expect it to be very windy and cold especially at night.

I was fine in tank tops and skirts in Jan - Except for Rebel Salute!

Oops, Morning all! I am working from home today, then have my holiday lunch at 12 pm - It is at a restaurant about 5 minutes from where I live = I refuse to drive an hour in traffic, work 3 hours, and come back!

Is a cultural reggae show thats kept every jan. by tony rebel. BY FAR THE GREATEST REGGAE SHOW IN JAMAICA THAT I HAVE EVER BEEN TO

07.28.07---------- Met Mr Jeffs

07.28.08 --------- Married Mr Jeffs

11.13.08 --------- Mailed AOS to Chicago

12.01.08 --------- Checks Cashed

12.08.08 --------- Received NOA1

12.11.08 --------- Received Biometrics

12.12.08 --------- Bio done

03.27.09 --------- Received EAD and AP

04.07.09 --------- Received Interview Letter

05.19.09 --------- Interview

05.21.09 --------- Card Production Ordered

05.26.09 --------- Welcome Letter Received

PRAYER CHANGES THINGS .

Timeline

negril wont be cold in Dec/Jan. I wear jeans in JA in the summer though cause....I just do. I just wear my normal clothes there, no vaca wear or anything. Its not chilly but in the early am its a nice cool air. Very nice feeling, but not cold. it can get very foggy at night too in the country. I think a light jacket will be fine enough. Now if you go in the mountains its cold....dress accordingly.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
Good morning everyone!!!

I have a question.

So this morning I was asked to assist with getting a contact person for setting up a video conference for a meeting for one of the executives here. Now, I'm in the Internal Audit department. I am a senior internal auditor. However, there weren't any desk available in the internal audit department area so I sit across from the CFO, Chief Accounting Officers, etc. Get my point..the big dogs. I also share a space with their admin assistant. She is not here today, so I was ask to seek out the info to help the executive. Am I wrong to not feel that I should be doing this task? I'm not his assistant or her back up. I just happen to sit next to her. I want to talk to my boss and ask what I can do to not be ask to do admin assistant task for the executive. I don't mind doing thing here and there...but I DON'T want this to become a habit.

Let me know your thoughts.

KK

HHHmmmmm KK that can be a rough one! Hard to know what is the best thing since it is the "big dogs" asking the task of you. It can be easy to get sucked into it becoming habit if they see that you are willing and able too! Maybe someone else here will be able to give you some good advice! Good luck...I can see that becoming a BAD habit.

Will assisting them eventually help your career? Meaning getting in good with the big dogs equals raises, advancement, promotions? If thats the case i'd go along with it to an extent. usually little personality traits and character traits are what make us stand out in a professional office, and those are things that big ups sometimes look for when making promotions. it could work in your favor.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Good Morning:

For anyway that cares ;)........

APPROVED, THANK GOD!!!!! I wrote a review that goes into more detail

Honesty is the best policy but never use honesty as an excuse to be hurtful.

1vOEm7.png

NbWqm7.png

He got that blue slip in Oct. I couldn't get off until now so I flew down and our interview was Friday.

Honesty is the best policy but never use honesty as an excuse to be hurtful.

1vOEm7.png

NbWqm7.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Is a cultural reggae show thats kept every jan. by tony rebel. BY FAR THE GREATEST REGGAE SHOW IN JAMAICA THAT I HAVE EVER BEEN TO

AMEN!!!!!! :thumbs::dance: Howdy Family, Ken & I went last year and had SUCH A DYAM GOOD TIME!!!!! We danced the entire night! Just RED, GOLD & GREEN as far as the eye can see! No drama, bokkle flinging, gun shot bizniz...just "Irie, Mon" :D I would highly recommend RS to anyone that enjoys reggae and good vibes!!

Bless-ed,

Gill

P.S.- Stop by likkle Ochi Restaurant on your way to RS...you won't be disappointed!

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
He got that blue slip in Oct. I couldn't get off until now so I flew down and our interview was Friday.

I had just asked it you got approved.

CONGRATS!!!!! :dance:

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.