SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and farrin (part 10)

5,134 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I have not been to JA in December-January and I am wondering what to expect for weather? I mean should I actually pack jeans and a sweater (except for the need getting there)? I went over the summer and was fine, hot but not too hot, but my friend said that I should expect it to be very windy and cold especially at night.

what part of the island will you be?

I went a lot the past 2 years and last year in feb/march I wore a hooded sweatshirt everynight

Really!! Were you in the mountains?

Jakeswife have a safe flight.

thanks nells the flight was safe but i spent appr. 3hrs in customs taking care of the paperwork.this long wait caused us to miss our flight an did not get on another flight until 4:30pm our flight was schedule to land in chicago at 3:15pm. i got to chicago at 7:30pm and one of our bags didn't made it on the flight. we were told we will recieve the bag tomorrow. i am home now thawing out. i got here at 11pm to find a pleasant surprise. the house is spotless like the way i left it in february and hubby did some major repairs. he redo the bathroom and the windows were replaced. i was very surprised, now on the my other projects.

Welcome home Jakeswife!! Nice of hubby to spruce things up for you - what a sweetie. Now dig out your warm clothes and join the "cold club" with the rest of us.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good morning everyone!!!

I have a question.

So this morning I was asked to assist with getting a contact person for setting up a video conference for a meeting for one of the executives here. Now, I'm in the Internal Audit department. I am a senior internal auditor. However, there weren't any desk available in the internal audit department area so I sit across from the CFO, Chief Accounting Officers, etc. Get my point..the big dogs. I also share a space with their admin assistant. She is not here today, so I was ask to seek out the info to help the executive. Am I wrong to not feel that I should be doing this task? I'm not his assistant or her back up. I just happen to sit next to her. I want to talk to my boss and ask what I can do to not be ask to do admin assistant task for the executive. I don't mind doing thing here and there...but I DON'T want this to become a habit.

Let me know your thoughts.

KK

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Morning Everyone, hope you guys are having a nice day. We are sitting here waiting for FEDex to deliver our package.

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

Timeline

KK, I would just suck it up and do it - especially if you aren't often asked to help, doing something outside of your job shows that you are willing to be a team player, and if it's something simple or a one time thing, just role with it - If they ask you to do something again, I would point out some big project you have or deadline you are working on, and tell them that you need to complete that, could you help them with finding an admin who would fill in and help since their admin is out?

I end up doing things all the time that aren't in my job - Sometimes, I find someone to delegate it to, and let the big dog know who is going to be helping them -- sometimes I just do it.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
Good morning everyone!!!

I have a question.

So this morning I was asked to assist with getting a contact person for setting up a video conference for a meeting for one of the executives here. Now, I'm in the Internal Audit department. I am a senior internal auditor. However, there weren't any desk available in the internal audit department area so I sit across from the CFO, Chief Accounting Officers, etc. Get my point..the big dogs. I also share a space with their admin assistant. She is not here today, so I was ask to seek out the info to help the executive. Am I wrong to not feel that I should be doing this task? I'm not his assistant or her back up. I just happen to sit next to her. I want to talk to my boss and ask what I can do to not be ask to do admin assistant task for the executive. I don't mind doing thing here and there...but I DON'T want this to become a habit.

Let me know your thoughts.

KK

Pass the message on to her backup that he needs to have such and such done. He probably isn't even thinking about the chain of command - only that it needs to be done. That's how my boss is - he doesn't know how things get done, just that they need to be done.

Good Morning Everyone, hope you guys are having a nice day. We are sitting here waiting for FEDex to deliver our package.

Hey Portland - you got it all worked out with the embassy to send it to you? You guys stay warm! :devil: It's real blustery here today!

Edited by Islandwoman

KK, I would just suck it up and do it - especially if you aren't often asked to help, doing something outside of your job shows that you are willing to be a team player, and if it's something simple or a one time thing, just role with it - If they ask you to do something again, I would point out some big project you have or deadline you are working on, and tell them that you need to complete that, could you help them with finding an admin who would fill in and help since their admin is out?

I end up doing things all the time that aren't in my job - Sometimes, I find someone to delegate it to, and let the big dog know who is going to be helping them -- sometimes I just do it.

I really don't want this to become a habit. The admin came in now. But she has a habit of telling me where she is going or will be so that if someone is looking for her for me to tell them. :crying::crying: I'm not used to this. Can I just get a desk and area in my department? My team members don't have to deal with this. :wacko::blink:

Edited by kkholiday2006

Timeline
I really don't want this to become a habit. The admin came in now. But she has a habit of telling me where she is going or will be so that if someone is looking for her for me to tell them. :crying::crying: I'm not used to this. Can I just get a desk and area in my department? My team members don't have to deal with this. :wacko::blink:

I completely understand - I would speak to your boss about your concerns - but honestly, if you step in and find someone to handle it for them, it will make you appear more of a team player than not = which helps in your career when your name comes up -

Part of it is just the fun of cube life = I am mixed in with another dept - we all just deal with the questions about where so and so is = if we don't know, it's an I don't know answer. Only directors in my company have offices (or rather, glass fishbowls, lol) since they remodeled to an open environment - it;s just something I learned to deal with.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I have not been to JA in December-January and I am wondering what to expect for weather? I mean should I actually pack jeans and a sweater (except for the need getting there)? I went over the summer and was fine, hot but not too hot, but my friend said that I should expect it to be very windy and cold especially at night.

I went a lot the past 2 years and last year in feb/march I wore a hooded sweatshirt everynight

Really!! Were you in the mountains?

thanks nells the flight was safe but i spent appr. 3hrs in customs taking care of the paperwork.this long wait caused us to miss our flight an did not get on another flight until 4:30pm our flight was schedule to land in chicago at 3:15pm. i got to chicago at 7:30pm and one of our bags didn't made it on the flight. we were told we will recieve the bag tomorrow. i am home now thawing out. i got here at 11pm to find a pleasant surprise. the house is spotless like the way i left it in february and hubby did some major repairs. he redo the bathroom and the windows were replaced. i was very surprised, now on the my other projects.

Welcome home Jakeswife!! Nice of hubby to spruce things up for you - what a sweetie. Now dig out your warm clothes and join the "cold club" with the rest of us.

I was in the mountains. Right in the middle of the Island.

Welcome home Jakeswife! go enjoy your marriage!!!

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Timeline

kk..i KIND OF AGREE with Sus..it's ok to do things outside of ur job discription..u'll just be looked at as versatile....but if it becomes a habit let ur sup become aware of this..and plus as long as they acknowledge that you are not the assist fill in

Welcome back Jake...

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

Hey everyone! Just dropping in while on lunch. I'm in a training class all day at the job...Thank God for coffee! :blush:

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Timeline
Hey everyone! Just dropping in while on lunch. I'm in a training class all day at the job...Thank God for coffee! :blush:

Congrats Wakey - I see you got your EAD card!! It he out hitting the streets today?

Timeline

We will be in Negril...if you wore a sweatshirt every night then I will just plan on it too, thanks

event.png

Timeline

Congrats Wakey - I see you got your EAD card!! It he out hitting the streets today?

Yep..He is so excited. He was dancing around the kitchen last night yelling bullet bullet. My man is happy and proud ya'll and that makes me so happy and ready for the additional affects of surge in testosterone :devil::devil:

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Timeline

Welcome home Jakeswife. Glad to hear you made it safely. :thumbs:

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.