SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and farrin (part 10)

5,134 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Gill, Negril is SO SO SO good - I took my brother there - he lives in NYC - He called me a few months later to find out what that place was that I took him bc he wanted to take his friends.

That's what I've heard!! I mean EVERYONE that goes there comes back and RAVES about the place. Is it the food, ambiance or both?

I think it's both - the food was excellent, and it just had a high end classy vibe to the place without being outrageous in price -= nice mellow lovers rock, just a relaxing good time.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline
So sad..i can't imagine being in that house with a husband like that

Kimmy -- I was, but thank the heavens I wasn't married to him and I was able to walk away. Gone to bed...

Jakeswife...mek we know seh u reach safe

cho...mi bun up mi cookies...

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Afternoon Yardies! Hope everyone had a nice weekend and stayed warm enough! Dang it's so cold even here in California....water from the pipes is like the coldest ice water you could ever want until it heats up after a minute or two!

I didnt know u were in Cali Ells! I am too and it was ridiculously cold today! Very rainy and windy and freezing!! I couldnt believe it! And then the light rail broke down so I had to wait in the rain all morning at the station freezing my butt off.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

That doesn't sound like any fun Lita. We got a light layer of ice last night and you would think that this town had never had this happen before. The majority of schools were closed and in my opinion for no reason!

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

I am sure it wasnt nearly as cold as other states, but i tell you, us so cal people dont know what to do when it gets cold here. You shoulda seen people this weekend. We went to Hollywood and walked around at like 11pm, people shaking in corners trying to sheild from the cold and wind, wearing tank tops flip flops and shorts.. I mean we really wouldnt be so cold if we put some stinkin winter clothes on for once. its just so hard to actually get your mind in the place of dressing for winter here so most times we are just dressed inappropriately thats why its so cold. I think it was only like 50 some degrees!

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

That is pretty cold for Cali. I used to live in Las Vegas and I would be cold when it dropped that low. I think it is the wind that makes it so cold.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline
Going home to prepare saltfish with breadfruit :dance: Lawny, u want some?

yummy!!

Afternoon Yardie crew........................

Check out that timeline down below!!! I thought it was never going to move! :clock: Can I pack now or I gotta wait? Steve said not until I got 6 days left!!! :crying:

I just finished final exam #1 and got 2 to go on Thursday and Friday!

Hey MrsLady!

Soon come..

I hate how it used to take so long for the time to come and once you're there it went by so fast! How long has it been since you've seen each other? Any plans or just gonna stay in bed all day? :devil:

5 1/2 months.......but feels like forever!!! No real set plans. He is taking me to some more of the fam!!! :blink: I am super nervous about that! I only met 1 brother and 1 cousin so far and that was just because we ran into them when we went to his hometown to get his birth record. I oddly have this fear that I won't measure up (to what I? I don't know) or that I will be stereotyped because I am from farrin', because I am white, because I ain't skinny....my stupid list can go on for days! I did tell him though that we were locking ourselves in the room the first few days, that is of course after we see the fireworks........I arrive on New Years Eve and aparently in Negril they have them!

event.png

Timeline
Going home to prepare saltfish with breadfruit :dance: Lawny, u want some?

yummy!!

Afternoon Yardie crew........................

Check out that timeline down below!!! I thought it was never going to move! :clock: Can I pack now or I gotta wait? Steve said not until I got 6 days left!!! :crying:

I just finished final exam #1 and got 2 to go on Thursday and Friday!

Hey MrsLady!

Soon come..

I hate how it used to take so long for the time to come and once you're there it went by so fast! How long has it been since you've seen each other? Any plans or just gonna stay in bed all day? :devil:

LOL - I packed a while ago - most of my stuff anyway! It cannot come soon enough, I actually am wishing Christmas away!! Good luck on the rest of your finals, I know what a relief that is -

Wakey, your comment cracks me up because DJ and I were bickering about that last night, lol - Usually we are mellow and alone on our first night - But this trip, it's my Bday and TOK is playing at the Jungle, we're going out - Or at least I am if he doesn't get over his snit, lol!

I wondered if you were still going because your timeline is gone. You leave a few days before me..........how long will you get to stay? I am staying 2 weeks.

event.png

Timeline
HEY LADIES HOW IS EVERYONE DOING TONITE.

Hey msnelly...........when I was younger my dad and some of my family used to call me Nelly or Nell. Your board name reminded me of it!

event.png

Hey msnelly...........when I was younger my dad and some of my family used to call me Nelly or Nell. Your board name reminded me of it!

most of my family call me Nell and my friends call me Nelly

MY HAPPINESS IS SOLELY UP TO ME AND

LIFE IS ALL ABOUT CHOICES, U DONT HAVE TO REMAIN IN UR CURRENT SITUATION IF U DON'T CHOSE TO BE!!!!!!!!!

***SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO FORGET HOW YOU FEEL AND REMEMBER WHAT YOU DESERVE***

Timeline

I don't remember how or when they started calling me that but still today I am Nell or auntie Nell to the nieces and nephews.

event.png

I don't remember how or when they started calling me that but still today I am Nell or auntie Nell to the nieces and nephews.

wow thats what they call me also Lol

MY HAPPINESS IS SOLELY UP TO ME AND

LIFE IS ALL ABOUT CHOICES, U DONT HAVE TO REMAIN IN UR CURRENT SITUATION IF U DON'T CHOSE TO BE!!!!!!!!!

***SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO FORGET HOW YOU FEEL AND REMEMBER WHAT YOU DESERVE***

Timeline

I have not been to JA in December-January and I am wondering what to expect for weather? I mean should I actually pack jeans and a sweater (except for the need getting there)? I went over the summer and was fine, hot but not too hot, but my friend said that I should expect it to be very windy and cold especially at night.

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.