SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and farrin (part 10)

5,134 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Okay...Ladies; I had to call the fashion police out this weekend when we went to a function I've never seen my husband laugh so hard

Rules

1) If you're a size 13 shoe do try and squeeze it into a size 9 1/2 or 10 or 11 1/2 it naw go wurk

2) It's 30 degrees outside dat mean no more sandals especially if 4 inches of your feet are hanging off the back of the sandal

a. if you feet looks like they've been kicking a bag of flour or cement blocks, please, please use the ENTIRE jar of VASELINE before attempting to show them off...you can't hide ASH underneath sockings (sarry)....

and;

3) Please...please...please you cannot wear pink stockings with red shoes or blue stockings with pink shoes or yellow stockings with black, blue or orange shoes...just don't mix it up AND ONE MORE THING...

If you're going to have your back out...PLEASE LOTION IT...I wanted to draw a happy face on the ladie's back that was sitting in front of us.

Tap tell lie pan deh people dem :rofl::rofl::rofl::crying::crying:

What's up Claire,

Marcel said he can't go out with me no more. He told me to sit on my hands...girl, you know you would have been tempted too to draw a happy face.

I am fine, bu tyuh too bad. Lef deh people dem alone :yes::lol:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline
She's doing good - said to tell everyone she said hello.

Tell her I said she has to come and tell us herself...Tell her remember when she pulled me back from the brink of No more VJ..Well the same goes to her. Gi ya rass pon di thread mi gal!

Send her a PM Wakey and straighten her out. She naw listen to mi...

Okay...Ladies; I had to call the fashion police out this weekend when we went to a function I've never seen my husband laugh so hard

Rules

1) If you're a size 13 shoe do try and squeeze it into a size 9 1/2 or 10 or 11 1/2 it naw go wurk

2) It's 30 degrees outside dat mean no more sandals especially if 4 inches of your feet are hanging off the back of the sandal

a. if you feet looks like they've been kicking a bag of flour or cement blocks, please, please use the ENTIRE jar of VASELINE before attempting to show them off...you can't hide ASH underneath sockings (sarry)....

and;

3) Please...please...please you cannot wear pink stockings with red shoes or blue stockings with pink shoes or yellow stockings with black, blue or orange shoes...just don't mix it up AND ONE MORE THING...

If you're going to have your back out...PLEASE LOTION IT...I wanted to draw a happy face on the ladie's back that was sitting in front of us.

Tap tell lie pan deh people dem :rofl::rofl::rofl::crying::crying:

Lawny....OMG where were you where women were dressed like this?

Sis and I saw a few people out with sandals and coats on this weekend too. Dis mi cyaint undastand.

hahaha. I am guilty. I wore flip flops all weekend. LOVE IT!

WTH - did you guys have a heat wave or something? It was rass cold up here with ice everywhere. Most people around don't have any power.

Alright yardies - I can't find the posts of the cheap guesthouses or hotels around Kingston area.....the ones posted in the thread are over a $100 a night. Mi too cheap for dat.....

I was thinking about you this weekend when I saw that on the news. Are you doing okay?

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Going home to prepare saltfish with breadfruit :dance: Lawny, u want some?

yummy!!

Afternoon Yardie crew........................

Check out that timeline down below!!! I thought it was never going to move! :clock: Can I pack now or I gotta wait? Steve said not until I got 6 days left!!! :crying:

I just finished final exam #1 and got 2 to go on Thursday and Friday!

Hey MrsLady!

Soon come..

I hate how it used to take so long for the time to come and once you're there it went by so fast! How long has it been since you've seen each other? Any plans or just gonna stay in bed all day? :devil:

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Well its now confirmed....hubby booked his ticket for Dec 21st last night...paid $260 one way...his flight is for 6:15pm and he will reach NY at 9:55pm... :dance::dance: .....he is kinda nervous with the whole flying thing...he keeps asking me to tell him step by step on what he has to do...like i have to tell him he has to walk to the airjamaica counter hand them your passport and blah blah.... :blink: ....and i know he is going to ask me like 10 more times....luckily he has a straight flight and he doesn't have to worry about transferring and stuff like that....the only form he has to fill out is the Customs form right...the I-94 form is just for non-immigrants right???....6 more days and counting.... :star:

WOOOO-HOOOO!!!! GO JGAY!!! :dance::dance: So, you get your Christmas present a few days early this Year!! ;) Enjoy each other!

Thanks Sus and Kimmy...yeah i don't think he needs that form either...I'm taking the monday off so i can take him around...i plan to take him to Negril in the village...its a jamaican restaurant....the food there is excellent in my opinion...have my twin brother and his wife come along...but that will be later on in the night...during the day i want to take him shopping to buy some winter clothes...meet my parents since he never met them...kinda nervous with that....my parents act so nuff sometimes.... :angry: ....but anywat that is my plan for Monday.... :thumbs: ...can't wait...

I heard RAVE reviews about Negril..but we haven't made it there yet!

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Timeline
Going home to prepare saltfish with breadfruit :dance: Lawny, u want some?

yummy!!

Afternoon Yardie crew........................

Check out that timeline down below!!! I thought it was never going to move! :clock: Can I pack now or I gotta wait? Steve said not until I got 6 days left!!! :crying:

I just finished final exam #1 and got 2 to go on Thursday and Friday!

Hey MrsLady!

Soon come..

I hate how it used to take so long for the time to come and once you're there it went by so fast! How long has it been since you've seen each other? Any plans or just gonna stay in bed all day? :devil:

LOL - I packed a while ago - most of my stuff anyway! It cannot come soon enough, I actually am wishing Christmas away!! Good luck on the rest of your finals, I know what a relief that is -

Wakey, your comment cracks me up because DJ and I were bickering about that last night, lol - Usually we are mellow and alone on our first night - But this trip, it's my Bday and TOK is playing at the Jungle, we're going out - Or at least I am if he doesn't get over his snit, lol!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

Very sad! People can be so dyam cruel...especially to the ones they are 'suppose' to love! And another thing...what about her SATISFACTION...is she satisfied with his performance in bed?? I doubt being that HE is the one unable to perform! JERK!! :angry:

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

Gill, Negril is SO SO SO good - I took my brother there - he lives in NYC - He called me a few months later to find out what that place was that I took him bc he wanted to take his friends.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
Gill, Negril is SO SO SO good - I took my brother there - he lives in NYC - He called me a few months later to find out what that place was that I took him bc he wanted to take his friends.

That's what I've heard!! I mean EVERYONE that goes there comes back and RAVES about the place. Is it the food, ambiance or both?

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Afternoon Yardies! Hope everyone had a nice weekend and stayed warm enough! Dang it's so cold even here in California....water from the pipes is like the coldest ice water you could ever want until it heats up after a minute or two!

Hee hee hee! My goat is having a kid or maybe more this evening dung a yard! I was hoping she'd have them later but we weren't sure when they were going to come cause he didn't know when she got bred. I was hoping she'd have them in February when I go but at least I'll have a baby goat or two to play with! :dancing:

You have goats in JA?! :unsure: Did u live in JA or something?

Well, I have one baby goat and it's doing pretty well except the mama goat keeps moving when the baby tries to suckle so she has to be held. Think we're gonna name the baby "Silky". Mom's name is "Curry"! I have only the 2 goats....Curry was a 'present' several months ago. I only live in JA when I go visit (wish I could afford to live full time).

I can't tell him something is 'cute' or it ends up being my pet. I mentioned one time I like cats and not long after I get a phone call with him saying he had a surprise for me and asking me to guess. I listened in the background and heard the tiniest bawling meow sounds and figured it out instantly! He hated cats but since I like them, he got me a kitten. Now he likes cats but refuses to admit it. Then I had to go and say I thought all the goats on the roadside were cute and next thing I know I'm getting a call about another surprise. He managed to get a goat from a rasta friend in the bush. I said donkeys were cute and he starts asking if I want a donkey. I told him he better not get me any more 'living' things with mouths to feed or he's gonna be in trouble!

Rules

and;

AYE YAIYAI, Trelawny, Wuh wi ah guh duh wid yuh RAS!!! :rofl::rofl: Yuh mus mek dem GWAAN!! Seriously is dem same typa people dat wah tell yuh how fi dress and wat han wat look good :blink:. The stockings ting really got me...I mean ow yuh need someone fuh tell yuh seh yuh leg dem look like big bird...YELLOW STOCKINGS...YUCK!!!

:lol: Gill

:rofl: Ya'll are killin me today!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

That's what I've heard!! I mean EVERYONE that goes there comes back and RAVES about the place. Is it the food, ambiance or both?

The food is great...well there is two in the city...the one in the village (3rd street) is the best...they have one on 23rd street and its not as good...plus the one in the village has more variety of foods than the one on 23rd street...like the village one serve crabcakes (absolutely love those) and coconut shirmp and the one on 23rd doesn't...plus the one in the village has a club downstairs...I usually go on friday nights and the party downstairs is always fun...its pretty small down there so it gets kinda tight quick....my brother and best friend threw a surprised graduation party for me two years ago there and it was great....love love love that place...and the aura is nice...they play oldie jamaican songs in the background...the whole set up is just nice...you have to go to experience it yourself....everytime I go i never have anything bad to say about it....but make sure you go to the one in the village first to get the true feel of the restaurant...the one on 23rd is more like a fastfood spot in my opinion...

NVC Journey Total days: 75

04.09.2008: Case# assigned

05.12.2008: DS230 Entered into System

06.18.2008: Case Complete (So upset that it took this long 37days)

US Embassy:

10.29.2008: Interview Date Assigned

11.17.2008: Medical Appointment

12.03.2008: Interview Date (FINALLY!!!)**APPROVED**

12.08.2008: Visa Delivered

12.21.2008: POE JFK

Hey all,

I saw this posted in another thread and thought this might be a good question to ask here. Specially for people just starting the visa journey.

How do you deal with skeptical family/ friends/ strangers (who cares) who automatically assume you're being used to obtain a greencard?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Ladies,

Just wanted to stop in and say hello. I wanted to thanks to everyone who has sent me PM's, it means alot. Im not quite ready to do the VJ thang again just yet, but i wish all of you good luck and many blessing and congrats on all the upcoming weddings and recent approvals.

BE Blessed

Honey

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.