SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and farrin (part 10)

5,134 posts in this topic

I'm the same way with my daughter!! When I read your post I was like eeeek - I'm a bad mama...she is almost 7 and I turn on the shower for her, wash her hair, brush her hair...brush and floss her teeth.....but I think she likes the attention and extra time with me cuz she does all that stuff for herself when she's at her Dad's. And I know both of my kids play me cuz they ask me to do stuff for them that I know their Dad doesn't do. Sometimes I will call them on it, but other times I just chuckle and be thankful they still want their mom around. I remember the day I didn't want my mom anymore and wouldn't kiss her - cuz I was too big.

LOL.. i still do most of that stuff too and like u say they won't be loving lil kiddies all their lives (ooh one of them has PAST that stage already :blink: )

BUT (brace urself) they also don't really have to make up their beds, fold up and put away clothes, ( i just started that this year, i tried but they did it soo badly, i said forget it.. now i just make them do it over and over). just started making my 11 yr old clean up the bathroom (don't think my brotha EVER did that) and she puts away dishes "sometimes" LOL..

OK!! What di rass a gwaan ova desso!! Yall are WAAAY nicer than my parents. I swear I felt like a little slave child. I kid u not....I NEVER remeber my parents making my bed, or brushing my teeth. My hair they did...cause that was a hot mess of curls on my head otherwise. But before I could even reach the kitchen sink i was doing dishes! I pulled the dining room chair up to the sink stood in it and wash. Every friday it was thorough cleaning day. vacuum, dust, mop, clean, change sheets, wash clothes...etc for the WHOLE house...not just my room. This was me and my older sis. Every friday was throw down day with her cause i never wanted to do nothing and she thought i was lazy. The things yall say i would never have known parents did that for they kids....thought that stuff was only in the movies.

Marlita - That was me with the kitchen table chairs at the sink washing dishes. We never had no dishwasher.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Quana; we tried to go to mediation afterwards and he was just telling more likes that I physically abused him for 10 years, so I walked out. My lawyer told me I could leave the session at anytime. The lawyer is not permitted to be in mediation with you. Now, I have to take "PARENTING CLASSES" since he's concerns about me being and unfit mother...I damn near fainted

Lawny - it seems like he wants to be back with you more than sorting this whole thing out with you and your son. It's sad he has to stoop so low. I wish you the best.

KK

i agree KK, its also the case w/ my ex.. even this morning he told me he thought i would have come home by now?? :blink::blink: so that is why u try and get custody of our kids, as a way to woo me home?? uhhh WRONG approach luv

NaWW!! this is just an angry, onery old man-child trying to control Lawny and her life. Its not about getting her back its about having control of her life and love and happiness...he doesnt own that anymore an thats what he wants. Some men LIVE to just control and upset a situation and he seems to be the type. Pray for HIM! He needs the prayer so that something changes in him and that change will be reflected towards Lawny.

Marlita - That was me with the kitchen table chairs at the sink washing dishes. We never had no dishwasher.

nope! me neither. Even now i dont. My dad has one, but will never run it cause it uses to much water and energy.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
I have a dishwasher now {my husband} just kidding. I have a real dishwasher but we only run it for SPECIAL Occassions.

KK

Yes, Evan actually likes to wash dishes!! God bless him!!

hello everybody..

ells, YOU GO GIRL!

1luv.. u mean ur hubby's tears didn't make u cry LOL.. u strong girl!! and i am gonna get u that u forgot likkle mami or papi in ur tummy! :lol::lol:

so u have one daughter?? how old is she? and how old is ur stepdaughter??

sorry I am nosy.. i am bout to have a blended family (i think) and I was just wondering..(and I am nosy!)

morant.. hubby is the one that watches soccer is my guess :wub: and he works night shift..awww so his off days are ya'll time together huh..

No then he plays soccer on saturday and sunday :angry: .

067-1.jpg

080.jpg Want some

089-1.jpg I am hot

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
OK!! What di rass a gwaan ova desso!! Yall are WAAAY nicer than my parents. I swear I felt like a little slave child. I kid u not....I NEVER remeber my parents making my bed, or brushing my teeth. My hair they did...cause that was a hot mess of curls on my head otherwise. But before I could even reach the kitchen sink i was doing dishes! I pulled the dining room chair up to the sink stood in it and wash. Every friday it was thorough cleaning day. vacuum, dust, mop, clean, change sheets, wash clothes...etc for the WHOLE house...not just my room. This was me and my older sis. Every friday was throw down day with her cause i never wanted to do nothing and she thought i was lazy. The things yall say i would never have known parents did that for they kids....thought that stuff was only in the movies.

:whistle::whistle: lita.. mi a sey brace yahself my girl!!! :rofl::rofl: its sooo easy to do girl.. my sisters and I were also hebrew slaves in our house LOL.. we washed, cleaned, cooked.. EVERYTHING

I don't know why I do things differently.. part of it is, its just easier to do it myself ( i work better independently :yes: ) and then I guess that little person in the back of ur mind that wants ur kids to have it a little easier.. but i am learning easier is not necessarily better.. all the hard work at home and summer jobs paid off and made me a responsible person..

Timeline
I have a dishwasher now {my husband} just kidding. I have a real dishwasher but we only run it for SPECIAL Occassions.

KK

NOWAY man.. mi nuh care bout no energy and wata.. lord forgive me.. i gots to have my dishwasher...

Timeline
No then he plays soccer on saturday and sunday :angry: .

:blink: MEN!!! :bonk:

where do u live again?? alot of yardies round there?? here in dallas RG could join a club but it will be mostly hispanics.. my youngest played one year.. her team was mixed race, but the other teams were not. they were 5 and 6 playing against all these kids that had been playing since they could walk! needless to say i think they won 1 game :lol:

Timeline

:whistle::whistle: lita.. mi a sey brace yahself my girl!!! :rofl::rofl: its sooo easy to do girl.. my sisters and I were also hebrew slaves in our house LOL.. we washed, cleaned, cooked.. EVERYTHING

I don't know why I do things differently.. part of it is, its just easier to do it myself ( i work better independently :yes: ) and then I guess that little person in the back of ur mind that wants ur kids to have it a little easier.. but i am learning easier is not necessarily better.. all the hard work at home and summer jobs paid off and made me a responsible person..

haha!! Hebrew Slaves....lawd yuh work for that Pharisees? haha!!

Yes I guess I'll have to see how I'll be with my kids but i really cant see being like that cause of how I was with my younger sis' and brothers and nieces and nephew. I get mad at my older sis now for not making her kids do more. I come up in her house yelling at everybody to clean the rass place up!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey peeps!

Congrats Jakeswife! Had no doubts!

Gill, there is not much he can do at this point, without the divorce, he can't file on his own behalf. He may be able to request another interview date. But, that may be pointless because the wife is not available for the interview.

He can check with Vital Records to see if the wife filed the divorce without him. Sadly, he should have handled his business instead of running off to NY. I bet the wife got the interview letter.

Hey Jaws :D

I was thinking along the same lines Gilly. I am sure the wife got the letter and didn't tell him about it. I would think he would have to file a new petition as failure to show up at the interview would be a denial. He could request it to be reopened but that would be a can of worms. Probably best to refile something new. Now he is either going to have to find her and see if she is willing to go joint on the petition or he is going to have to file for divorce (if she hadn't already) and then file for ROC on his own after he gets a divorce decree. I am sure that he will have tons of explaining to do in regards to why so much time has passed and he never followed through on the paperwork. Maybe a consult with a lawyer would be the best thing. Just to make sure there isn't a roadblock we aren't thinking off.

Hey Mami..

He will also have to prove that he has been self sufficient if he files ROC on his own. He has to prove that he has been substaining his cost of living by HIMSELF via legitimate means...tax returns etc.

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Timeline
Along with the snowstorm brings an e-mail from the embassy:

Hello Tanya,

Raymond’s appointment is scheduled for January 22, 2009 @ 9AM.

YAY!! Well, wish it was sooner but at least that's not too far! Now you just tell him he better make it to this one and safely! Hopefully he'll make sure to get a driver who doesn't drive like a mad man! :thumbs:

Thanks!! That driver will be me.... :whistle: Mi naw drive bad in JA - just NY. :yes:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline

ok, so....can someone tell me why Evans passport stamp for CR1 expires early next year?!! I forget the date but I think its April it expires. So what does this mean. I thought he was supposed to get 2 years on the stamp? He still doesnt have physical green card either. What date will his greencard say expired if his visa stamp expires in 4 months?

Timeline

Hello Tanya,

book your ticket! Air Jamaica has a wonderful sale ending today! Get moving missy!

Just did!!

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
STOP LYING!!! Sam mussi love your RAS!!!! :lol: Wait, em a probably call yuh by next week! " Ello...Yaads, yuh nuh horda yuh ten ton hof tings...is whaappen? Yuh nuh knoa seh Christmas is round deh corner?? The recession ah hit yuh tuh...nuh boddah fuh tell us yuh git laid-off! We ave tings ere piling up cause yuh nuh horda nuttin!! Dyam lazy ooman git hoff yuh rass han find some wuk! Wi need fuh move these tings, Mon!" :lol:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Seriously...she used to be all formal with me and now we are on a first name basis :P

Si deh ting is A only waan mi fi buy Grace or Walkerswood product. Wi nah ave nuttin else in fi wi house. So when mi buy fram Sam's mi always buy nuff...6 bokkle Grace Curry powder, 12 ####### soup mix, 6 box a tea etc.

Deh first couple a orda deh lady a call an sey "Mrs. Yaads - thank you for your order. Just wanted to let you know we only have 3 bottles of Grace Curry. We do have another brand that is just as good <insert dutty brand here>. Would you be ok with us making this change?" and of course mi sey no cause wi nah go use dat bran an juss sen deh ress when dem git ie.

So afta bout 3 different orda wey mi place an dem nah have alla mi tings dem she finally start fi realize mi knoa wha mi waan an mi no regular "yankee" :lol: Mi a loyal customa fi almost 4 years now so dem knoa how mi stay. This was the latest convo "Evening yaads. Mi juss a call fi tell yuh wi nah ave 6 bokkle inna deh store so mi a go sen yuh 3 now an mi will send deh ress tuh yuh inna deh next week. Mek mi knoa if dat nah go wuk fi yuh. Tonks.":rofl:

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!! I think I just pee-ed myself!! PeeingInSnow.gif

ROTFDWL!!! :crying::rofl::rofl::rofl: Yaads, is where wi git yuh fram?? Yuh is a hat dyam mess...but yuh our hat dyam mess han wi luv yuh same weh!!!

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

Hello Tanya,

book your ticket! Air Jamaica has a wonderful sale ending today! Get moving missy!

Just did!!

yayy.. Mrs go and make sure everything run smoothly!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.