SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and farrin (part 10)

5,134 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
well yaads and ells, my brother is the exact opposite.. he is 10 yrs younger than me so WE spoiled him rotten.. we was still running his bath water when he was 7 or 8 yrs old i think...maybe older..

he is 19 now and EXPECTS the world to be his footstool.. i know it was our fault.. he was like our little doll.. i heard him talking to one of his likkle friend girls chat bout " my nucca" :blink: I was like WHAT.. how could u talk to a woman like that!! (how could she allow it too, but that is another story) I am praying for him to see the light.. he is a demanding and inconsiderate man, I feel sorry for the woman that gets him if he doesn't :unsure:

Wow :o I think it only fair you warn everyone he dates j/k :P Definitely sounds spoiled. So what does "nucca" mean? I have no clue...

LOL.. its a nicer form of the "n-word" :blush: now u see my disgust.. he talks to these girls like their his homeboys..

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I wish the 'n word' would just be completely abolished! I know some say it's a way to minimize the impact of the word but I feel like it only perpetuates a bad cycle and no matter how you try and slant it, it's still very disrespectful. I feel like as long as that word is in use, there will always be barriers to improving 'race relations'. [end rant]

Like whatever happened to the days when instead of THAT word, people would say 'brother' or even 'homey'?!? Brother is a lot more unifying than THAT ugly word! [NOW end rant]

Edited by Ellsinlove

Timeline

and its so easy to get to that point of spoiling.. its was soo much easier for us to go in and do things for him.. instead of waiting on him to try or fixing it after he messed it up.. I find myself doing it w/ my daughter too.. BAD MAMA lol ( am trying to do better), but the effects are a "little" bit less damaging for girls.. NOBODY wants a man that can't do nothing..

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
i want to go back just to "complete" it ya know.. u will get inspired and ur major will come to u, I am sure..

I am still waiting to get inspired to choose what to go to school for. Guess I am a way late bloomer :blush: I would like to do dozens of different things and none are even closely related - so for now I will just keep doing administrative stuff.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
chin up yaads.. i am bored too, but not for lack of stuff to do.. :whistle::whistle::rofl:

job hunting is my part time job LOL.. i am always looking for something to put my family and i in a better place all around.. this is the longest I have been in one position (4 yrs) but I am still looking.. u are right though.. w/ the economy we should be thankful for what we got.. guess that is why God hasn't moved me yet :bonk:

Yes that's true - gotta be thankful that we are employed. I am always looking through the job ads and things...just haven't found anything that I feel drawn too. I have a tendancy to get bored with jobs real quick. I don't jump around from job to job...I just stay at them bored as can be :P:lol:

Timeline
well yaads and ells, my brother is the exact opposite.. he is 10 yrs younger than me so WE spoiled him rotten.. we was still running his bath water when he was 7 or 8 yrs old i think...maybe older..

he is 19 now and EXPECTS the world to be his footstool.. i know it was our fault.. he was like our little doll.. i heard him talking to one of his likkle friend girls chat bout " my nucca" :blink: I was like WHAT.. how could u talk to a woman like that!! (how could she allow it too, but that is another story) I am praying for him to see the light.. he is a demanding and inconsiderate man, I feel sorry for the woman that gets him if he doesn't :unsure:

Wow :o I think it only fair you warn everyone he dates j/k :P Definitely sounds spoiled. So what does "nucca" mean? I have no clue...

Glad you asked that ? Yaads!! Kimmy a laugh pon mi last time...... :unsure:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Don't feel bad Yaads, I'm a way late bloomer too! 36 and going for an AA degree! I'm learning it's very common for people to not know 'what they want to be when they grow up'. I always feel like what I'm passionate about won't make money so I don't think I can focus an education on those things.

I'm also like you and get bored with jobs....amazing I've been at this one 8 1/2 years! When I see job ads, I just think to myself that it's more of the same kinda mindless ####### I already do so why bother? I pray all the time for God to show me what my life's work should be but either I've missed the message or it's not time for me to be shown that yet. But WHEN??

Timeline
I wish the 'n word' would just be completely abolished! I know some say it's a way to minimize the impact of the word but I feel like it only perpetuates a bad cycle and no matter how you try and slant it, it's still very disrespectful. I feel like as long as that word is in use, there will always be barriers to improving 'race relations'. [end rant]

Like whatever happened to the days when instead of THAT word, people would say 'brother' or even 'homey'?!? Brother is a lot more unifying than THAT ugly word! [NOW end rant]

The trouble I have with it is that it will be said by one black guy about another (for example Usher uses it in his song Love in the Club). Well my son, who is white, will be singing along with the song and gets stumped on that part because I have taught him never to use the word and the impact of it. He's like but wait --- Usher calling his friends that?!?!?!

Timeline

no ur right ells.. i feel it is very disrespectful.. i know that his age bracket use it affectionately WHATEVER, but i don't want him talking to women and girls like that HELL NO..

nucca is just what i use instead of typing that word.. like i might use dyam instead of the "d word" (this all makes sense in MY crazy world :whistle: )

mi nuh like bad mout like mi friend SUS :innocent::rofl: Sus nuh boink me LOL :bonk:

hope i don't offend anyone.. :luv:

Timeline
and its so easy to get to that point of spoiling.. its was soo much easier for us to go in and do things for him.. instead of waiting on him to try or fixing it after he messed it up.. I find myself doing it w/ my daughter too.. BAD MAMA lol ( am trying to do better), but the effects are a "little" bit less damaging for girls.. NOBODY wants a man that can't do nothing..

I'm the same way with my daughter!! When I read your post I was like eeeek - I'm a bad mama...she is almost 7 and I turn on the shower for her, wash her hair, brush her hair...brush and floss her teeth.....but I think she likes the attention and extra time with me cuz she does all that stuff for herself when she's at her Dad's. And I know both of my kids play me cuz they ask me to do stuff for them that I know their Dad doesn't do. Sometimes I will call them on it, but other times I just chuckle and be thankful they still want their mom around. I remember the day I didn't want my mom anymore and wouldn't kiss her - cuz I was too big.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Afternoon Family,

Question: I was in the middle of a wonderul conversation with my friend, Mrs. Legz last night. When Ken bursts in with his friend and tells me "Carlos needs immigration assistance! Tell Kim-Kim(Gurl, I told him your name-but em prefer Kim-Kim) yuh will call har back!" :blink:

So here's the deal...don't know if 'we' :D can help Carlos, but I told him I'd ask.

Carlos arrived in FL. from JA. in 2000-2001 on an entertainment visa. He met a Girl, got married. She filed for him and he recieved his all of his conditonal documents (2 yr. GC, EAD,...etc). They filed for his conditions to be lifted in 2003-2004(?) and to recieve his permanent GC. He never recieved his Perm GC. Carlos and the Girl broke -up. He came to NY and she...well we don't know where the devil she is. When he consulated with an attorney they told him USCIS had sent him an interview letter (which they never recieved) and since he didn't show up at the interview. The perm GC was never issued.

Now what does he do? He and the Girl never divorced...but as I mentioned he has no idea where to find her.

Thanks for your help, Gang.

Bless-ed,

Gill

P.S.- I JUST found out what happened to NowMrs. and I am honestly devasted. Does anyone know how she is doing?

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
I'm the same way with my daughter!! When I read your post I was like eeeek - I'm a bad mama...she is almost 7 and I turn on the shower for her, wash her hair, brush her hair...brush and floss her teeth.....but I think she likes the attention and extra time with me cuz she does all that stuff for herself when she's at her Dad's. And I know both of my kids play me cuz they ask me to do stuff for them that I know their Dad doesn't do. Sometimes I will call them on it, but other times I just chuckle and be thankful they still want their mom around. I remember the day I didn't want my mom anymore and wouldn't kiss her - cuz I was too big.

LOL.. i still do most of that stuff too and like u say they won't be loving lil kiddies all their lives (ooh one of them has PAST that stage already :blink: )

BUT (brace urself) they also don't really have to make up their beds, fold up and put away clothes, ( i just started that this year, i tried but they did it soo badly, i said forget it.. now i just make them do it over and over). just started making my 11 yr old clean up the bathroom (don't think my brotha EVER did that) and she puts away dishes "sometimes" LOL..

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
So wha Misses Young a type fi so lang? Si har dung dere a type fi deh lass 15 mins :unsure:

Lawd ave mercy Yaads...we pon timer now? How yuh doing Sweets? Yuh git yuh Sam sintings yet?

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.