SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and farrin (part 10)

5,134 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Kimmy I am going to try it again for my Feb trip but I don't know how it will work. Right now my body is confused because of the weight loss stuff and it is just doing whatever. Plus I gotta talk my doctor into giving me some because I have had my tubes tied so I don't want to hear no speeches from her about why I want the pills. :devil:

I told my doc that my periods were so heavy that I practically had to stay home the first few days!!! Heavy periods, irregular periods, you name it...they can't really deny you for that. I got my tubes tied also so when I said that I wanted to try them for heavy periods she OK. No questions asked.

event.png

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline
Good everning ladies,

I am sharing this bit of information with some reservations, but please discuss this with your GYN if you wish to know more. This was a conversation I had with my GYN a long time ago, so I am only sharing it as informational.

I want to stop my period while I am on holiday

Question

Can anything be prescribed by my GP to stop my period while I am on holiday for one week?Answer

Indeed you can. This is a commonly asked question and your GP will be aware of what to do.

There are two easy ways of doing this and the choice is partly a personal one, partly depends on the patient's state of health and partly on how long you have before your holiday.

• One method is to start taking the oral contraceptive pill, provided there are no reasons why you should not take it. You need to start at least one cycle before the one you want to miss. At the end of the first pack, instead of stopping and having a period, you just carry on and stop when you get back from holiday. You don't need to complete the second pack.

• Another method which can be used up to a week or ten days before the period that you want to postpone is due (but the earlier the better) is to take a progestogen such as Norethisterone. This needs to be taken three times a day continuously until after you return from holiday, and can then be stopped. A period usually follows about 48 hours later. This method can be used if for medical or other reasons the contraceptive pill is not suitable.

Go along and see your GP well before your leave, and enjoy your holiday

i know about this ms rox. i did it a couple of times when i am going on vacation. i used to take oral contraceptive so whenever it the time for me to stop and wait for my period i just continued the other pack. my doc also said it was safe to do.

isnt this just like taking the pill non-stop and not taking the placebo pills? They make pills now specifically for this. You can go months without a period if you want. Forget what pills are better known for this. Otherwise what Rox wrote is the makeshift way of doing it with whatever pack of pills you have. Its also the way of the morning after pill too kinda... its just prolonging your before ovulation phase. Once you ovulate....there's no stopping the period from coming. But if you can prevent ovulation then you can prevent the menses flow.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline

Hey Marlita- How is Evan doing here? Any major adjustment stuff? I worry for Steve and it is always good to hear other's experiences. You must have such a huge weight lifted.

BTW- thanks for suggesting the book "the power of a praying wife" I love it.

event.png

Timeline
Hey Marlita- How is Evan doing here? Any major adjustment stuff? I worry for Steve and it is always good to hear other's experiences. You must have such a huge weight lifted.

Hey there! He is doing good. Or I should say I am doing a bit better. I think I was really worried that he would hate it, want to leave, feel let down or something, and it took time for me to adjust to him being here. I think he is finding its not as easy as it was in JA to get things rolling. Lots of rules and regulations here. Things are alot more detailed here and work ethic is much more serious here. he finds that frustrating.

Timeline
Kimmy I am going to try it again for my Feb trip but I don't know how it will work. Right now my body is confused because of the weight loss stuff and it is just doing whatever. Plus I gotta talk my doctor into giving me some because I have had my tubes tied so I don't want to hear no speeches from her about why I want the pills. :devil:

I didn't really see much side effects of it cause I wasn't on it long enough but let know how it works.

Hey Lita..u updated ur site?

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

Hey there! He is doing good. Or I should say I am doing a bit better. I think I was really worried that he would hate it, want to leave, feel let down or something, and it took time for me to adjust to him being here. I think he is finding its not as easy as it was in JA to get things rolling. Lots of rules and regulations here. Things are alot more detailed here and work ethic is much more serious here. he finds that frustrating.

I can see how our own worries about it will add to the stress and confusion. Glad it is working itself out. I have been telling Steve about how work is here. You go when "the man" says, break when he says, leave when he says, etc. Trying to prepare him for the difference in work ethics. He has these big dreams of coming here getting this great job making lots of money, paying for surgery to untie my tubes, buy a car, buy a house, the list goes on. I don't want to totally burst his bubble so I correct what NEEDS to be and slowly share what it is really like. I gotta let the man dream......besides I love to hear about how he is going to help take care of me and my kids. :innocent:

event.png

Timeline
no matter how much u explain over the phone...it's a whole u ball game when he gets here

I am slowly getting that from him about some things. He just can't "get" them. I know it will be an adjustment for him regardless. I still hope that something I tell him will stick and break his fall when he gets here.

event.png

Timeline
no matter how much u explain over the phone...it's a whole u ball game when he gets here

I am slowly getting that from him about some things. He just can't "get" them. I know it will be an adjustment for him regardless. I still hope that something I tell him will stick and break his fall when he gets here.

there is always hope :) but do not stop telling him at all..

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

mslady u seem very excited has u go through this process. i wish i had ur optimism when i started because to me it sucked.

Edited by jakeswife

Timeline

u seem very excited has u go through this process. i wish i had ur optimism when i started because to me it sucked.

I am very excited. I want to share everything with him about my life just as he does with me. I am generally an optimistic person, but Steve helps me stay that way. :luv:

event.png

Timeline

I realize this very much now. I actually didnt ever explain to much to him before hand cause you cant tell that man nothing....waaaaayyyy to stubborn. Even when he's here you cant tell him nothing. Its hard for me to sit back and watch a mistake happen, but I know its the only way to deal with him. He wont die from it, but he may drive me crazy along the way. He eventually figure it out....thats when I wanna yell "I TOLD U SO!!" but I dont. I notice that he gets caught up in get rich quick schemes very easily. He does not see how its really hard work, and perseverence that pays off in the long run. These things worry me cause they are the exact thing that can ruin your credit or prevent you from establishing some. because of this I have to watch him closely to make sure that the mistake will not mess this up for him. I relize now that many people come to the US really thinking its much much easier.

Timeline

u seem very excited has u go through this process. i wish i had ur optimism when i started because to me it sucked.

I am very excited. I want to share everything with him about my life just as he does with me. I am generally an optimistic person, but Steve helps me stay that way. :luv:

well i hope this immigration process doesn't stress u out has it did me. :wacko:

Timeline

I realize this very much now. I actually didnt ever explain to much to him before hand cause you cant tell that man nothing....waaaaayyyy to stubborn. Even when he's here you cant tell him nothing. Its hard for me to sit back and watch a mistake happen, but I know its the only way to deal with him. He wont die from it, but he may drive me crazy along the way. He eventually figure it out....thats when I wanna yell "I TOLD U SO!!" but I dont. I notice that he gets caught up in get rich quick schemes very easily. He does not see how its really hard work, and perseverence that pays off in the long run. These things worry me cause they are the exact thing that can ruin your credit or prevent you from establishing some. because of this I have to watch him closely to make sure that the mistake will not mess this up for him. I relize now that many people come to the US really thinking its much much easier.

Steve sometimes has those thoughts. But reels himself back in. He knows it is a different kind of struggle.

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

AMEN!!! But don't worry...as long as you are both committed to making your relationship work. Together... you'll see it through!! :luv:

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.