SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and farrin (part 10)

5,134 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hello VJ family.

Does anyone stayed at Samsara resort in Negril?

I have heard good things about the food and the hotel - bad things about the management and them being local friendly - People have had attitude when their friends stopped by for a drink or to see them - I don't mean overnight guests, etc... Just local friends coming to visit with them.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:ot: Why did my husband ask me if I could take the greyhound to Jamaica..would I? I couldn't get pass the fact that THE BUS CAN'T DRIVE OVER WATER!!!! :wacko: I kept saying...but the greyhound bus..can't reach Jamaica? He insisted that I answer. I just said...NO.

:lol: Morning Kim! That's funny....wonder what made him think of that?! I tell ya though, if I COULD take a greyhound to JA, with those $39 one way specials they have sometimes, I'd say HECK YEAH! LOL!

kk..u sound like RG.. i asked him if he could have a superhero power, what would it be.. Him chat bout, u and i would be in love forever.. :blink: mi sey, " no baby, i am talking bout super strength, seeing through walls, that kind of stuff " him say the same thing again.. i told him, well I think I would choose to be invisible.. him say, "baby, i don't know much about that kind of stuff, I am really not into that" :whistle:

JUST GIVE ME A COMMENT my luv... GOSH kk, why can't u guys have some imagination :angry::rofl:

:ot: Why did my husband ask me if I could take the greyhound to Jamaica..would I? I couldn't get pass the fact that THE BUS CAN'T DRIVE OVER WATER!!!! :wacko: I kept saying...but the greyhound bus..can't reach Jamaica? He insisted that I answer. I just said...NO.

:lol: Morning Kim! That's funny....wonder what made him think of that?! I tell ya though, if I COULD take a greyhound to JA, with those $39 one way specials they have sometimes, I'd say HECK YEAH! LOL!

We saw the bus on the highway. And the neighbor takes it to New York all the time.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hello VJ family.

I have heard good things about the food and the hotel - bad things about the management and them being local friendly - People have had attitude when their friends stopped by for a drink or to see them - I don't mean overnight guests, etc... Just local friends coming to visit with them.

I've heard the same things, Sus. I don't think I'd patron them for those reasons although the property does look amazing.

kk..u sound like RG.. i asked him if he could have a superhero power, what would it be.. Him chat bout, u and i would be in love forever.. :blink: mi sey, " no baby, i am talking bout super strength, seeing through walls, that kind of stuff " him say the same thing again.. i told him, well I think I would choose to be invisible.. him say, "baby, i don't know much about that kind of stuff, I am really not into that" :whistle:

JUST GIVE ME A COMMENT my luv... GOSH kk, why can't u guys have some imagination :angry::rofl:

:lol: That's so cute Quana! But yeah, use that imagination...it's more fun that way! :yes: If I could have a super power, I'd want to fly! It would be a lot easier to get to Jamaica that's for sure!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hello VJ family.

Thats where I met my man! The place is alright though. No screens in the room so lots of buggers in the room at night....it got kinda scary fighting them off. other than that, its a good deal for the price. Nice location on the cliffs of Negril and they have a free shuttle that takes you to the beach and back everyday.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

:rofl::rofl: I was trying to IMAGINE the bus driving over the water all the way from Maryland. I have to admit it was kinda cute. He never say stuff like that I'm usually the one.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hello VJ family.

Thanks. It looks really nice on their webiste. The prices are reasonable.

Timeline
Hello VJ family.

Thats where I met my man! The place is alright though. No screens in the room so lots of buggers in the room at night....it got kinda scary fighting them off. other than that, its a good deal for the price. Nice location on the cliffs of Negril and they have a free shuttle that takes you to the beach and back everyday.

I knew someone on here did. Couldn't remember...thanks.

Buggers :blink: I noticed some of the rooms have ceiling fans and others have AC. Do you think we'll have bug problems in the AC rooms? Is it in walking distance from anything?

Timeline
Hello VJ family.

The website is deceptive. its not as nice as that. Its an "ok" place. i'm not that into the hotel when in JA so I just like a place that is clean, has hot water, and some sort of plus to it. Samasara plus was that it had a bar there, and the cliffs where you can dive off into the water or climb down and snorkel. That was great! Its peaceful too. They have a live band at times and you can eat dinner on the cliffs. Its not a bad stay, but the pics make it look nicer than it really is.

Timeline
Hello VJ family.

I knew someone on here did. Couldn't remember...thanks.

Buggers :blink: I noticed some of the rooms have ceiling fans and others have AC. Do you think we'll have bug problems in the AC rooms? Is it in walking distance from anything?

If you keep your window closed at night you wont have bug problems. I didnt have AC in my room. It wasnt really that hot when I went in Nov. but the rooms windows faced the ocean and I wanted to hear the water and get a breeze, so I opened the patio door and windows.....had all kinds of critters in my room! so just use your AC at night. The bungalow rooms...the ones on stilts...dont have AC options.

Timeline
Hello VJ family.

The website is deceptive. its not as nice as that. Its an "ok" place. i'm not that into the hotel when in JA so I just like a place that is clean, has hot water, and some sort of plus to it. Samasara plus was that it had a bar there, and the cliffs where you can dive off into the water or climb down and snorkel. That was great! Its peaceful too. They have a live band at times and you can eat dinner on the cliffs. Its not a bad stay, but the pics make it look nicer than it really is.

Thanks. That's why I asked.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
If you keep your window closed at night you wont have bug problems. I didnt have AC in my room. It wasnt really that hot when I went in Nov. but the rooms windows faced the ocean and I wanted to hear the water and get a breeze, so I opened the patio door and windows.....had all kinds of critters in my room! so just use your AC at night. The bungalow rooms...the ones on stilts...dont have AC options.

A/C will keep the mosquitoes away though or at least it seems so. However, hearing the ocean would also be nice. I just saw nice mosquito nets at Bed, Bath & Beyond for around $30. The kind with the round hoop at the top and the net comes down off of it. Would have to get it to fit in your luggage but the price was right.

Timeline

A/C will keep the mosquitoes away though or at least it seems so. However, hearing the ocean would also be nice. I just saw nice mosquito nets at Bed, Bath & Beyond for around $30. The kind with the round hoop at the top and the net comes down off of it. Would have to get it to fit in your luggage but the price was right.

I got one of those. It was the 4 post net though. VERY NICE . It bascially attached to 4 point of velcro in the ceiling and draped nicely over your bed. It was my personal little santuary....loved it. I left it in JA, and whenever I would go back to visit my husband he would bring it with him and set it up depending on where we where staying. It was the only way I could sleep in his room....the mosquitos hid under the bed in his room....it was ridiculous.

I got one of those. It was the 4 post net though. VERY NICE . It bascially attached to 4 point of velcro in the ceiling and draped nicely over your bed. It was my personal little santuary....loved it. I left it in JA, and whenever I would go back to visit my husband he would bring it with him and set it up depending on where we where staying. It was the only way I could sleep in his room....the mosquitos hid under the bed in his room....it was ridiculous.

For some reason the mosquitos would bite me only. And I would have big bumbs on my legs and arms. No one bite him.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.