SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and farrin (part 10)

5,134 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I can pick out about 5 or 6 things I hate about those pictures too. I am WAY critical of myself in pictures.

Same here. I absolutely hate pictures of myself. I don't know how many pics we have of me running away, covering my face, turning my back, hand to the camera :lol:

I am too! I hate pictures. I hate for people to look at me too long cause I think they are looking for flaws! I have issues. Ok 2009 I'm going to leave it all BEHIND and stop being critical of myself! ....do we need a LEAVE IT ALL BEHIND IN 09 THREAD? :whistle:

Opportunities are like sunrises - if you wait too long, you miss them.

William Arthur Ward

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline

:ot:

Would-Be-Bride Swept to Sea During Proposal on Oregon Coast

/QUOTE]

I read that yesterday on yahoo. I can't imagine how that girls family feels or her husband to be...just very sad and yet another reminder that nothing in this world is promised to us.

Edited by solsoeur

William Arthur Ward

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It was so sad. I wondered if it was one of our fellow VJ'rs that waited the K-1 process out...wanted to propose officially in the US ...then tragedy.

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
It was so sad. I wondered if it was one of our fellow VJ'rs that waited the K-1 process out...wanted to propose officially in the US ...then tragedy.

So tragic and sad :( I saw it on the news and he just broke down...made me bawl so hard...poor guy :(

Timeline

Planned Parenthood offers more then just abortions. They offer exams, counseling, medications....I don't think it's such a bizarre idea.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Thinking back on my day..

Today I had to go to the mall with a friend to pick up some ordered gifts. We walked by Victoria Secret and I made the joke about how the only thing there that fits me is the lotions. I said I bet they would make a killing if they allowed their panties and bras for the bigger woman.

My friend is a size 8 and I'm a 16. She looked at me and said, "don't take this the wrong way but VS markets to the smaller women because they are elite. They are what everyone woman wants to look like and they aren't ever going to make them for bigger women."

I stared in shock and then asked her so you're saying big women shouldn't be sexy. She said no I see I upset you but I'm saying they can be sexy but that's why they have to go to a shop for them or the internet. VS is to show the beauty and sexyness in smaller women. She said I'm sure they would make a killing if they did sale to bigger women but then they would no longer be elite to the smaller woman.

The said part about it all is after mauling it over tonight I think she may be right..why else have they never made a panty for double digit women...

Thoughts??? I'm headed to bed and hope to read your thoughts when I get to work tomorrow.

Wakey

Night Night

Honestly.....I worked at Old Navy and they stopped carrying the plus sizes because the market for it was not profitable. Supply and demand....if plus sizes are not buying, they will not carry. That's one reason I think maybe VS doesn't. You could always write the company and ask them.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Let me see if this work

novstove.jpg

As beautiful as I remember you to be!

What is with the smiley watering can behind you? That is funny.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Honestly.....I worked at Old Navy and they stopped carrying the plus sizes because the market for it was not profitable. Supply and demand....if plus sizes are not buying, they will not carry. That's one reason I think maybe VS doesn't. You could always write the company and ask them.

Maybe that's store by store? Because the stores near us still carry plus size - and they still make them, you can buy them online - VS doesn't even make them.

My cousin shops at Cacique, which to me is the plus size version of VS - But I think they have nicer, better quality stuff -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

[/quote

Jomo there is a market for them they didn't advertise right for the plus size. I know I haphazardly discoverd they carried plus sizes. The stuff they did have was not cut right. Well not for my shape. I think if they would have had clothes that were more appealing and advertised they would have found they had a market. The US is the fattest country in the world and they don't have a market? and we are getting fatter so these marketing people better wake up.

William Arthur Ward

Jomo there is a market for them they didn't advertise right for the plus size. I know I haphazardly discoverd they carried plus sizes. The stuff they did have was not cut right. Well not for my shape. I think if they would have had clothes that were more appealing and advertised they would have found they had a market. The US is the fattest country in the world and they don't have a market? and we are getting fatter so these marketing people better wake up.

Sol..they just keep making the same size...fit bigger. I've worn the same size for years...and I go up and down in weight.

So like if you wore a 12 back in the 90s you could probably wear a 10 now.

Edited by kkholiday2006

Timeline

I did not realize they did not even make them. That is wrong.

But, yeah, Sus, market by market basis.

Luck on good timing today, Portland.

Well, I'm almost out of here today. I'm leaving at 11 and meeting a friend for lunch. My internet is down at home now so I don't think I will be back on till Monday morning. I hope everyone has a fun and safe weekend.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hey ladies. i am here counting down the days and getting nervous at the same time. it's funny because as close as it is getting the longer it seems. i booked a 1 night stay in knutsford court hotel. it includes continental breakfast in the mornin not that i would be eating ,nervousness will full mi belly.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.