SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and farrin (part 10)

5,134 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
i went to groom my locks yesterday and i foolishly request for it to be done tighter. lawd the only place i didn't try to sleep on was mi face.i turn till it look like i was dancing in mi sleep. :(

:rofl::rofl: u sound like my mother bout she go try sew in weave girl..she cut out dat mess inna ha sleep :rofl:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
i went to groom my locks yesterday and i foolishly request for it to be done tighter. lawd the only place i didn't try to sleep on was mi face.i turn till it look like i was dancing in mi sleep. :(

:rofl: Too bad you didn't have a massage table with those head rests with the cut out so you can put your face in there! I had braids done one time and the hair added so I KNOW how that can hurt. It was a few days before my head was not tender and I could resume normal sleeping. I was doing the head smack thing cause it itched so bad!

I'm soooo nervous about being pregnant. I'm so scary. But it gotta be okay..because people do it over and over again.

Im as scary as they get, scared of my own shadow hhahah so if I CAN DO IT you can too gurl...:) u will be fine

Thanks JaLove :thumbs:

I am at the library and I just had to unhook my bra, all this is making my chest tight! So I am calling the 202# now to find out when it was issued!

isn't it a relief..ahahaa :rofl::rofl:

ok smaddy help mi waht is BB?

I had the same question. I think it's bulletin board..like VJ message boards.

Mi deh yah mi deh..LAwny fight yuh own rass fight.,.no drag Yaads inna dis ..a fi yuh back mi a go bruk

Hi Portland..that means it's on it's way :dance:

Hey SHanette I see u..u catching up?

Hey Hot! Yes, I been trying to catch up. I think my contacts are about to fall out because of all the reading I been doing. Omg, this is random for whoever wants to know. Last night I had a dream that the airline lost my luggage and I had no clothes to wear to my interview. Somehow, I got some big, nasty stain all over my shirt too. I remember saying to my SO " f**k it we are going to this d**n interview! And we went, my dirty clothes and all. Yeah I woke up praying that that doesn't happen.

Well, it happened to me. :yes: No dream here...true life. Flying Spirit. My bags didn't make it to the next plane. Thanks God I packed my clothes. I didn't have my shoes though. Thank God...I was taking some of my work shoes {that i barely wore cause they hurt so bad} down to give away. They matched and it looked nice.

TL; you're killing me today. Let me give you one too (((((((((((CHUPS)))))))))))))

Kimmy I think BB means Board Buddies (mi no know)

cho..wah u a ansa fah if yuh no know cho...

:rofl::rofl:

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Last night, I heard hubby givng the "you tink farrina bed ah roses" talk to his bredren on the phone. I am glad he finally realizes. :blush: I was laughing cuz I used to say the same thing to him!

good..don't u love to see ur words come to pas

Kimmy, 1luv I'm glad whe nthey find their way.

Amen to that.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
So for those who aren't Jamaican and didn't know patois, how long did it take before you could start to catch on to most of what you were hearing?

The other day I talked to his Grandma and it seemed like either she was speaking more clearly than I'd heard before or I just understand what she says better now. I try so hard to understand but when it gets going fast and furious, I might as well be listening to French! My honey has been speaking it to me because he wants me to start understanding and I think I'm doing better but there are times I have to tell him to say it so I can understand.

I swear though, one night on my first official trip to visit him, a full car load of us were coming back from the club and I'd had several rum punches and was feeling good. I don't remember the exact conversation, but I do remember that it seemed like I was really understanding what they were saying and it was hilarious....we were all rolling! Maybe being buzzed help me open my ears better! LOL!

Anyone else have any experiences understanding patois?

ells if you want to know patois well just only read tre post dem because she full a patois fi all of us.

Yardies this is ur laugh for today :rofl: First I put myself on GYM PUNISHMENT due to the 4 huge pounds I gained during the Holiday( didn't work out and had a love affair with a Sweet Potatoe Pie) so I have to go to the Gym everyday before my trip in January. I got to the gym and low and behold I had left my workout clothes at home. I restarted my car stating "The devil is a lie I will not break my punishment" . I went to TJMAX and found a pair of Gym shorts($5) and a shirt ($5) pants large shirt XTRA Large. Went to change in the gym put the pants on said damn they fit not loosely( the belly roll showed). Put on the shirt to cover the belly and looked like I had been in KIMMY'S , SUS or PORTLAND'S closet. I looked like the Michelen MAN in BLACK. Every roll that I thought I had showed :blink: . Being the Diva that I am I proceeded out of the dressingroom into the Gym untill I past a mirror. :wow: . I took my fat Azz bact to the locker and put on my uniform top that did not match in any shape or form to the pants and worked out. I had a kids Xtra large top :crying: . Lessoned learned try my clothes on.

067-1.jpg

080.jpg Want some

089-1.jpg I am hot

Timeline
I am having a bad day...hence why I haven't posted ;):P

1luv - try the Ramen noodles :yes:

I'm having a really good one and don't want anything bringing me down....thus, why I haven't.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
TL; you're killing me today. Let me give you one too (((((((((((CHUPS)))))))))))))

Kimmy I think BB means Board Buddies (mi no know)

cho..wah u a ansa fah if yuh no know cho...

DWL...ooonu brite...eh? BB = Bulletin Board...wwwoooooiiiieee mi belly..... :rofl::rofl:

:rofl: lawny and har madness

Thanks guys...now mi ave one next word fi use now :)

BTW..YAADS LEF BOARD??? GONE WEH??? HOW MI NEVA KNOW DIS???YAADS U BETTAH FARWERD

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
So for those who aren't Jamaican and didn't know patois, how long did it take before you could start to catch on to most of what you were hearing?

The other day I talked to his Grandma and it seemed like either she was speaking more clearly than I'd heard before or I just understand what she says better now. I try so hard to understand but when it gets going fast and furious, I might as well be listening to French! My honey has been speaking it to me because he wants me to start understanding and I think I'm doing better but there are times I have to tell him to say it so I can understand.

I swear though, one night on my first official trip to visit him, a full car load of us were coming back from the club and I'd had several rum punches and was feeling good. I don't remember the exact conversation, but I do remember that it seemed like I was really understanding what they were saying and it was hilarious....we were all rolling! Maybe being buzzed help me open my ears better! LOL!

Anyone else have any experiences understanding patois?

ells if you want to know patois well just only read tre post dem because she full a patois fi all of us.

:rofl::rofl: A KUNTRI SHE KUNTRI DATS WHY :rofl:

Timeline
TL; don't feel bad. I haven't used my blockbuster card since 2002 and I didn't even know what I was doing when I got in the store. I wanted to see Hancock and ironman again.

I was killing time with my kids and since it was black friday - there was no way I was going to any store or shopping mall to bang around. How did you like Hancock?

I love Ironman and Hancock.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Yardies this is ur laugh for today :rofl: First I put myself on GYM PUNISHMENT due to the 4 huge pounds I gained during the Holiday( didn't work out and had a love affair with a Sweet Potatoe Pie) so I have to go to the Gym everyday before my trip in January. I got to the gym and low and behold I had left my workout clothes at home. I restarted my car stating "The devil is a lie I will not break my punishment" . I went to TJMAX and found a pair of Gym shorts($5) and a shirt ($5) pants large shirt XTRA Large. Went to change in the gym put the pants on said damn they fit not loosely( the belly roll showed). Put on the shirt to cover the belly and looked like I had been in KIMMY'S , SUS or PORTLAND'S closet. I looked like the Michelen MAN in BLACK. Every roll that I thought I had showed :blink: . Being the Diva that I am I proceeded out of the dressingroom into the Gym untill I past a mirror. :wow: . I took my fat Azz bact to the locker and put on my uniform top that did not match in any shape or form to the pants and worked out. I had a kids Xtra large top :crying: . Lessoned learned try my clothes on.

:rofl::rofl: THAT is some determination though right there!

Timeline

I HAVE TEARS IN MY EYES :rofl::rofl:

Timeline

LMAO...mi wan fe see wan pictra please ma'am. Mi nuh wan fe sound hignorant...but mi neva see too many Jamaican women wid locks when mi go. Mi love locks but mi tuh scared fe do ie.

my locks are fine so they look like braids. it took a couple of months well before 1 of my employer knows that i have locks. i will try to get a pic on here

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:rofl: , well the good thing is you got your workout in! The devil is a liar!

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.