SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and farrin (part 10)

5,134 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
"For being out of it like you say Marlita, you actually articulated this very eloquently and I've often felt the same. But I also see your point, Sus. Sometimes I think my own guilt may be a factor in knowing that I've found a wonderful JA man and even though he's poor, I'm taking him from a potential woman there. Of course, he's also been burned pretty bad by his baby momma so he kinda stayed away from JA women and they him since he doesn't have much money"

I don't understand.

I guess that wasn't very well stated and one may not have much to do with the other but mostly I guess sometimes I feel guilty about snatching up a good man from JA when a JA woman might be out looking for someone like him. However, the poor comment is that the way I understand it, many JA women won't have much to do with a poor man cause he can't buy them all the finer things that they'd like. I'm sure it's not the case all the time but I've been told it happens a lot. Now here is where you Jamaicans can correct me if I'm only being told half the story! :help:

Ells I'm not Jamaican...nor am I jumping on your post. However, we don't want a broke man in the States either. There are plenty of good men right here in our country that can't get a break because of his lack of a bank account. Why should it be different for a Jamaican woman with her Jamaican man? I see Jamaican women out working long hard hours six sometime seven days a week, and a shiftless...lazy azz Jamaican man wants to tell you that he can't get a woman because he doesn't have any money. What do we foreign women do? Sop him up with a biscuit...let him sex us...then pay him for doing it all for the sake of "love".

A lazy broke man will not get a chance in hell with me, no matter where he comes from. Let a man come at me about he doesn't rate a Ja woman because he doesn't have enough money...pure bull. A Jamaican woman will stand by her "broke HARDWORKING DECENT JAMAICAN man like he is the King of Eygpt. If you believe your man can't get some Ja. pum-pum just because he is broke...I have some land to sell in the Florida Everglades.

We (I say we because again I'm not Jamaican) need to stop letting sorry azz men piss in our faces and call it rain. Why because he has an accent and he is from a third world country.

:thumbs: You are always on point.

Personally, it bothers me when Jamaican men (or any culture) says they say away from their own women. I've heard guys say the same thing to me...Jamaican women ain't ish and he loves American women. But I asked him why I am better than my sister...he walked away. Of course, he is entitled to his preference but still....

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
"For being out of it like you say Marlita, you actually articulated this very eloquently and I've often felt the same. But I also see your point, Sus. Sometimes I think my own guilt may be a factor in knowing that I've found a wonderful JA man and even though he's poor, I'm taking him from a potential woman there. Of course, he's also been burned pretty bad by his baby momma so he kinda stayed away from JA women and they him since he doesn't have much money"

I don't understand.

I guess that wasn't very well stated and one may not have much to do with the other but mostly I guess sometimes I feel guilty about snatching up a good man from JA when a JA woman might be out looking for someone like him. However, the poor comment is that the way I understand it, many JA women won't have much to do with a poor man cause he can't buy them all the finer things that they'd like. I'm sure it's not the case all the time but I've been told it happens a lot. Now here is where you Jamaicans can correct me if I'm only being told half the story! :help:

Ells I'm not Jamaican...nor am I jumping on your post. However, we don't want a broke man in the States either. There are plenty of good men right here in our country that can't get a break because of his lack of a bank account. Why should it be different for a Jamaican woman with her Jamaican man? I see Jamaican women out working long hard hours six sometime seven days a week, and a shiftless...lazy azz Jamaican man wants to tell you that he can't get a woman because he doesn't have any money. What do we foreign women do? Sop him up with a biscuit...let him sex us...then pay him for doing it all for the sake of "love".

A lazy broke man will not get a chance in hell with me, no matter where he comes from. Let a man come at me about he doesn't rate a Ja woman because he doesn't have enough money...pure bull. A Jamaican woman will stand by her "broke HARDWORKING DECENT JAMAICAN man like he is the King of Eygpt. If you believe your man can't get some Ja. pum-pum just because he is broke...I have some land to sell in the Florida Everglades.

We (I say we because again I'm not Jamaican) need to stop letting sorry azz men piss in our faces and call it rain. Why because he has an accent and he is from a third world country.

I completely agree with what you're saying Lawny! I would not have anything to do with a man who won't work and I guess without fully explaining the circumstances it could look bad. On the positive side, my honey does have a job and a full work history. He's a tour guide at a resort near Negril and that's how we met actually. The only time he doesn't work is when season is so slow that they send people home...but they always call him back when things pick up and visitors often ask for him because he's good with the tourists. That also does NOT mean I send him money when he's broke. I let him get along no matter how hard it is to hear that he didn't have much to eat that day because I will not establish the kind of relationship where I'm taking care of him or being his sugar momma. He's never asked me for money and I don't offer it. The only thing I do is tell him that things will improve when he gets here and will be even better when he can work and we both have income...then he can send money home to take care of his Grandma. In the meantime, he earns somewhere around the equivalent of $150 US a month (don't even get me started on the damn slave wages resorts pay) and as many of you know, about half of that goes to taxi to and from work 6 days a week, some goes to the water bill, some to the light bill and the little amount left is on food or whatever else is needed. That's why I say he's poor but at least he works and seeing some past employer letters, they each say he has a good work ethic so I know he's not a lazy azz! :thumbs:

The post was from me Jawi Ells LOL. I wasn't calling your man a lazy azz. LOL Wooooiiiiieeee. Your post just made me jump on another soap box.

Maybe I should take a break from posting too as I seem to keep stirring the pot.

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ok...Lance called and I forgot I was signed on :lol:

Roxcie...its located in JA. I love the station. They always play a nice mix

Night all :star:

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

Timeline
The post was from me Jawi Ells LOL. I wasn't calling your man a lazy azz. LOL Wooooiiiiieeee. Your post just made me jump on another soap box.

Maybe I should take a break from posting too as I seem to keep stirring the pot.

Hee hee...yeah, I got that later that it was you. I didn't take anything personally....just thought it better to explain a little so no one worries about throwing up too many red flags for me! LOL!

Don't take a break, soap boxes are the best and lively debate is good for us!

:ot:

I was riding the bus home from work tonight and this 'yuppyish' young woman was sitting at the front of the bus normally reserved for the elderly (but that's beside the point except for her seeming sense of entitlement) and was on her phone speaking in a very OUTDOOR voice! Everyone could hear everything about her conversation. Finally, a woman sitting across from her says, "no one wants to hear your conversation" and the younger gal proceeded to ignore her and continue her loud azz conversation. After a half minute, the woman speaks up again and says the same thing. Then the loud talker starts saying things like "WHATEVER" and "there's no rule against talking on the phone on the bus" and so the lady repeats it again. Finally, I'm sitting a ways away but I say, "It's TRUE! No one wants to hear your conversation." and then everyone begins to nod in agreement and pipe in saying she's too loud! It didn't stop her from her conversation but she did tone it down a notch before getting off and making everyone happy. It was great to see someone speak up against an obnoxious person. Of course the girl told the lady that she should wear headphones if she didn't want to listen. I thought to myself, "Oh yeah, we should ALL wear headphones so we don't have to listen to YOUR private conversation on the bus....what a selfish little sh**!" Anyway, it was great that everyone came together and told her what they thought! :lol:

:ot2:

Timeline
well mi neva si di police issue yet...but me it's how sick ur gonna get if u go..all that BS...and everybody gets their throat jumped down on here..just respect the country is my thing

But you see Kimmy - the same BS annoys me - I hear it all the time when I say I am going to JA - Be careful, it's not safe, don't leave the resort, don't drink the water, they eat chicken feet,.... (oops, that one's true, lol)

You don't have to be Jamaican for these things to piss you off -

Sus....it is ignorance..and that is my point..not what ppl say but how they say..as if JA got all diseases in the world

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I don't understand.

Personally, it bothers me when Jamaican men (or any culture) says they say away from their own women. I've heard guys say the same thing to me...Jamaican women ain't ish and he loves American women. But I asked him why I am better than my sister...he walked away. Of course, he is entitled to his preference but still....

Everyone is entitled to their own preference, but to say that anyone aint ish because of their nationality is just plain IGNORANT. sorry

I used to say "I love men in uniform" until I started dating my ex and found out he was the biggest deadbeat of all time and it didnt have anthing to do with him being in the military or that he was from trinidad. He was just a man in uniform that happend to be a deadbeat.

"Patience with others is Love, Patience with self is Hope, Patience with God is Faith."--

Adel Bestavros

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I was riding the bus home from work tonight and this 'yuppyish' young woman was sitting at the front of the bus normally reserved for the elderly (but that's beside the point except for her seeming sense of entitlement) and was on her phone speaking in a very OUTDOOR voice! Everyone could hear everything about her conversation. Finally, a woman sitting across from her says, "no one wants to hear your conversation" and the younger gal proceeded to ignore her and continue her loud azz conversation. After a half minute, the woman speaks up again and says the same thing. Then the loud talker starts saying things like "WHATEVER" and "there's no rule against talking on the phone on the bus" and so the lady repeats it again. Finally, I'm sitting a ways away but I say, "It's TRUE! No one wants to hear your conversation." and then everyone begins to nod in agreement and pipe in saying she's too loud! It didn't stop her from her conversation but she did tone it down a notch before getting off and making everyone happy. It was great to see someone speak up against an obnoxious person. Of course the girl told the lady that she should wear headphones if she didn't want to listen. I thought to myself, "Oh yeah, we should ALL wear headphones so we don't have to listen to YOUR private conversation on the bus....what a selfish little sh**!" Anyway, it was great that everyone came together and told her what they thought! :lol:

:ot2:

The same thing happened to me last night on the subway. This African guy was yelling on his cell about Obama...saying that Africans should not have voted for Obama cuz he hasn't done anything for them yet :blink: by not appointing any Africans to any jobs. He was YELLING at the top of his lungs...everyone clapped when he got off the train.

Edited by sjb1221

Timeline

I don't understand.

Everyone is entitled to their own preference, but to say that anyone aint ish because of their nationality is just plain IGNORANT. sorry

I used to say "I love men in uniform" until I started dating my ex and found out he was the biggest deadbeat of all time and it didnt have anthing to do with him being in the military or that he was from trinidad. He was just a man in uniform that happend to be a deadbeat.

:thumbs::yes:

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
well mi neva si di police issue yet...but me it's how sick ur gonna get if u go..all that BS...and everybody gets their throat jumped down on here..just respect the country is my thing

But you see Kimmy - the same BS annoys me - I hear it all the time when I say I am going to JA - Be careful, it's not safe, don't leave the resort, don't drink the water, they eat chicken feet,.... (oops, that one's true, lol)

You don't have to be Jamaican for these things to piss you off -

Sus....it is ignorance..and that is my point..not what ppl say but how they say..as if JA got all diseases in the world

Evening all! I see it was a lively day as usual here. I just want to say I love hearing (reading) the opinions of everyone.

Shrewdie big CONGRATS on losing weight!!!!!!!!! Thats a great accomplishment. Sometimes its harder when struggling with PCOS.

Timeline
LADIES:

I feel everyone is entitled to their opinion. But can we move on. Everyone here has the same intention “to love a man" it doesn't matter if he's JA or American. If a new person came to this thread and read the comments made yesterday and today they would probably leave laughing and disgusted. We are here to support and maybe sometimes that support is hard but do it discretely. If past comments were an issue, if it wasn't commented on when it was made, let it go! She wasn't the only one talking about Bowcat, it made the conversation juicier with no objections. Honey is Honey and whatever is said to her will not make or break her. She has to live with her decisions not us. I understand all that is said and I agree and disagree with a lot but I choose not to comment. I come here to relax and mingle with other like me. I don’t like soap opera and this is becoming a soap opera. Now if me voicing my opinion on this makes me the next subject make sure you spell my name right "EASTBOUND”, lets hug and move on Next!!

k whatever....bound

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good night ladies!!!

Good Night and thanks for inviting me to this thread it keeps me busy while waiting for my Boo, God Bless

"Patience with others is Love, Patience with self is Hope, Patience with God is Faith."--

Adel Bestavros

Timeline

I don't understand.

Ells...does it make u feel bad for taken a man from the US? a man is a man where ever he comes from. Just happens ur in love with one from JA...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.