SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and farrin (part 10)

5,134 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
You take what they give, Ells

Hmmm....that means I better be prepared to go at any time once the NOA2 comes then huh? That kinda sucks! But I'll be thankful when the time comes no matter what.

Edited by Ellsinlove

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Everyone,

The internet I steal at home wasn't working for me today, so I took my laptop to the library to steal their internet. I have over 20pgs to catch up on, and its way too much to comment on, so i will just talk about myself.

Oh, Jgay, I hope everything went well with your interview.

BTM, so I called the 202# again and this time I got a lady, I like getting woman they are much nicer than the men. Anyway she was like your SO had an interview on the 21st did he go I was like yes, then she said he also have a daughter but we indicated on the form that she will be coming later. So she was like yeah they are doing additional review, so I ask her if she knew what they work looking for, because maybe I help them get that information. She said she didn't know, cause they are not the ones that do the review its the embassy. So my theory is they are holding up our petition because of the fact that my SO had a child during the time that we met. I knew something was wrong during the interview when the lady gave me that funny look. But if we were together and he cheated and had a child and i choose to forgive him, itsn't that my right? what's it to them? Just for the record we were only friends during the conception of the baby, we were together when she was born, but he and BM were over way before he even knew she was pregnant.

Anyway, I am thinking about going to JA, but the better part of my brain is talking me out of it, expecially since I do not have a job and the ticket prices are crazy. But, its sucks just sitting around waiting to see what happens!

Patience my dear...gotta have patience. Your journey flew right threw so you didn't have to struggle with that "evil" word like some, but you just gotta wait it out. I know that is easier said then done, trust me. Sometimes they toss it into admin review without any rhyme or reason.

hmm, Portland, do you think they would have already told you you were approved if that was it? I bet its just something weird like a common name or something.

Well, his last name is spelled wrong, but it was like that since he was born, but since he spelled the baby's last name the correct way and his father we included that, in the section that said any other name used. It sounds the same its just were they should have been an A they but and E and a S at the end.

I bet thats it and then you will just get it cleared right up!

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Pretty much - Most people seem to have about a month's notice of the date - But some have had less.

Well, I am off, ladies - I am going to see my friend's cousin who is a medium tonight - yes, avoiding my paper yet again!

Chat to you all tomorrow!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
TL, I would sing Happy B'day to you, but I want you to still be my friend...so, I'll just say it.

You did not say it :angry:

but wait deh...weh mi cutlass :bonk: ...mek mi grease it fus

Me ready fi yuh with a rahtid big tub a malwart vaseline :rofl::rofl:

dyslexia Clairey :rofl::rofl:

No, did it on purpose. That is what my co-workers 4 yo son calls walmart :lol:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline
Morant - We're in a recession.. :unsure: .I'm paying gym fees to a gym that I haven't been to in over a year. I just stop that. I'm not committed.

I just found out today that I can work out at the gym and the pool at the Holiday Inn for free as an employee. I love to swim so mabye I can motivate myself to do that on my way in to work. Maybe....

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
You take what they give, Ells

Hmmm....that means I better be prepared to go at any time once the NOA2 comes then huh? That kinda sucks! But I'll be thankful when the time comes no matter what.

Yep be prepared cause they could give you a date for anytime.

Island - glad you heard from the embassy at least! Hope you get your answer soon :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
You still doing paper charting? Girl I feel u on the lazines thing..I wold rather have a defined diet to follow, but I guess if I want to do this weight loss, i have got to pull up my britches and get with the program. That holistic dr.'s diet sounds good. Is that all you have to do? Girl, since Mike has been here I think I have gained about 10lbs in addition to the 40 I wanted to lose. He is all sinewy and does not seem to gain an ounce even thought he eats twice or more than I do. I just finshed cooking some yam, dumplings and green plantains with cookup codfish. How do i expect to lose weight if I continue to eat like this. I need divine intervention right now. I walked up stairs to et my antibiotic and you should have heard me calling out to the almighty to help me stop feeling the way I do like i am losing my breath with every step I take up those stairs.

Girl what are you saying. When he first got here I lost a few lbs and then my body woke up and said....Guuuuulllll what and I've picked up 10lbs. So I'm so discouraged but I know I can do it but being newly married it's hard to watch what I eat and avoid all those good starches.

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Timeline
Well, I hope you get a date pronto!

Side question but I'm too lazy to make a new topic of it:

Do you get any choice of your initial interview date or is it just given to you and you have to take whatever they give?

Thanks. Usually get what is given, but Lawny was able to request her date - she just picked one that was a couples months out as she was going to be there at that time for a wedding and they gave her that.

Timeline
I remember feeling this way but not towards different culture but race. I love Tim McGraw. He is sooo sexy Lawd Have Mercy. Well last year I decided to go to a concert with him and Faith and showed up so happy. I soon realized I was the only brown person there! People were moving away from me and staring. The lady I sat next too held her arm with the other arm never touched me the whole show and kept giving me side glances. I felt uncomfortable but I would go again because I think some of it could have been in my head.

I think we get a sensitivity about it sometimes. I always fly AJ - on my first trip I was the ONLY whitey on the plane. I felt like everyone was staring at me! But now I just get on the plane like I blend in and chit chat with whoever is sitting next to me. When A stayed with me at the Holiday Inn he was really uncomfortable but I couldn't quite figure out why. A couple days later he told me it was because there were so many white people there and he felt like they were looking at him. I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary so I think it was just his sensitivity to be around different colors.

Off subject but one trip I had a little girl next to me about my daughter's age so I played games and colored with her the whole trip. Just before we landed in JA she started touching my leg, kind of like testing to see what white skin felt like.

And Wakey....Tim McGraw IS sexy!!

I totally get you on this IW. When my daughter was younger I took her to a movie theater in a predominantly white neighborhood on a Sat night after work. It took me 30 mins to find a parking space and when we got into the lobby, my daughter started shaking and when I asked her what was wrong, she told me that there were too many white people around and she was scared. This is a child that was born and grew up in Brooklyn. She asked me to take her to the Magic Johnson theater that was in a blck neighborhood. Weird, isn't it?

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline

good night everyone..I'm going home to eat some boiled dumplins, stew chicken, and some more good stuff.

Peace

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Timeline

Claire, I had my friend look at some apts for me yesterday, and the one she like best is very reasonable and it has over 800 sq ft for a one bedroom. So I am thinking about going with that one, I also applied for a positon with NC state university. so lets see what happens. The apt is on auttumn winds drive, right off I440.

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

Timeline
I totally get you on this IW. When my daughter was younger I took her to a movie theater in a predominantly white neighborhood on a Sat night after work. It took me 30 mins to find a parking space and when we got into the lobby, my daughter started shaking and when I asked her what was wrong, she told me that there were too many white people around and she was scared. This is a child that was born and grew up in Brooklyn. She asked me to take her to the Magic Johnson theater that was in a blck neighborhood. Weird, isn't it?

Poor baby! But for that very reason I worry about Jr coming here. The kids here will accept him just fine as we have different races/cultures in our school, but he is not used to being around white people. I had met him in '06 but didn't see him again until this last trip in October. He gave me alot of sideways glances and looked uncomfortable to be with me when we went to town together at first, but by the end he was like she's white - whatever, she's cool.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.