SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and farrin (part 10)

5,134 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Claire

u don't like chalit tea? I love that with a huge chunk of harddough bread and buttah

I love chaklit tea - I brought my sister some back last trip and showed her how to make it - now she's addicted - So, my brother in law begs me for coffee and cigars - she begs for chaklit tea.

Convert them sus, convert them. Nothing sweeter.

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline
Hey Everyone,

The internet I steal at home wasn't working for me today, so I took my laptop to the library to steal their internet. I have over 20pgs to catch up on, and its way too much to comment on, so i will just talk about myself.

Oh, Jgay, I hope everything went well with your interview.

BTM, so I called the 202# again and this time I got a lady, I like getting woman they are much nicer than the men. Anyway she was like your SO had an interview on the 21st did he go I was like yes, then she said he also have a daughter but we indicated on the form that she will be coming later. So she was like yeah they are doing additional review, so I ask her if she knew what they work looking for, because maybe I help them get that information. She said she didn't know, cause they are not the ones that do the review its the embassy. So my theory is they are holding up our petition because of the fact that my SO had a child during the time that we met. I knew something was wrong during the interview when the lady gave me that funny look. But if we were together and he cheated and had a child and i choose to forgive him, itsn't that my right? what's it to them? Just for the record we were only friends during the conception of the baby, we were together when she was born, but he and BM were over way before he even knew she was pregnant.

Anyway, I am thinking about going to JA, but the better part of my brain is talking me out of it, expecially since I do not have a job and the ticket prices are crazy. But, its sucks just sitting around waiting to see what happens!

Portland tan weh u deh...it naw go come no fasah if u tun back a yard...besides u know how di runnings to areadi...im a no di fus one get caught up in AP.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Claire, I agree with you - My first question when people say that to me is to ask if they have ever been - if the answer is yes, then I ask to what part - 99% of the time, it's either what they heard, or they went, stayed at an AI, and only ventured off on the big bus to the craft market - can you say target?

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
Hey Everyone,

The internet I steal at home wasn't working for me today, so I took my laptop to the library to steal their internet. I have over 20pgs to catch up on, and its way too much to comment on, so i will just talk about myself.

BTM, so I called the 202# again and this time I got a lady, I like getting woman they are much nicer than the men. Anyway she was like your SO had an interview on the 21st did he go I was like yes, then she said he also have a daughter but we indicated on the form that she will be coming later. So she was like yeah they are doing additional review, so I ask her if she knew what they work looking for, because maybe I help them get that information. She said she didn't know, cause they are not the ones that do the review its the embassy. So my theory is they are holding up our petition because of the fact that my SO had a child during the time that we met. I knew something was wrong during the interview when the lady gave me that funny look. But if we were together and he cheated and had a child and i choose to forgive him, itsn't that my right? what's it to them? Just for the record we were only friends during the conception of the baby, we were together when she was born, but he and BM were over way before he even knew she was pregnant.

Anyway, I am thinking about going to JA, but the better part of my brain is talking me out of it, expecially since I do not have a job and the ticket prices are crazy. But, its sucks just sitting around waiting to see what happens!

Patience my dear...gotta have patience. Your journey flew right threw so you didn't have to struggle with that "evil" word like some, but you just gotta wait it out. I know that is easier said then done, trust me. Sometimes they toss it into admin review without any rhyme or reason.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
Convert them sus, convert them. Nothing sweeter.

LOL - Trust me, I am working on it - Thanksgiving day, my brother in law suggested that we spend next TDay in Jamaica (without his parents) - Of course, that was right before he passed out when he went to put the baby to bed, lol

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
Where'd you go to school KK?

Stepping is fascinating to me. After watching Stomp the Yard he informed me he wanted to go to Truth College so he could step.

I went to high school in Orlando. College in Washington DC. Howard University...and there were a lot of step shows going on there. I didn't step in college though. :blush:

Maybe you can just put on a show for him... :lol:

Everybody at work tells me the same thing. When we get gift baskets from patients or during the holiday's I turn my nose up and they think I am weird. Ban me all you want, I am here to stay...lol

Actually, you're better off because that's one less temptation to you when you're trying to be good on a diet! I *almost* wish I didn't like chocolate too!

Me too!! The only time I have never liked chocolate was when I was pregnant - I was always hoping that would be one of those things that would stick with me after pregnancy but no such luck. It's my feel good drug.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Everyone,

Portland tan weh u deh...it naw go come no fasah if u tun back a yard...besides u know how di runnings to areadi...im a no di fus one get caught up in AP.

Thanks Lawny, but I was so looking forward to seeing him this weekend, now I am just home bored out of my mind. I didnt want to start looking for a job until January, but I guess I can start with looking....

Thanks Island! I am trying!

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Claire!! I have been doing weightwatchers and hitting the gym. I have lost about 16 lbs in 7 weeks. not as much as I want..but not bad at all.

Island- I didnt know it was your bday!!

Congrats Shrewie!! That's good - losing it slowly is the healthy way of doing it.

Yup, it is. I'm 29 - again. :lol:

Thanks Island, and I just realized that i cant think of it as "something I have to do and get over really quick" ya know?

It has to be something I can stick with

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Filed: Timeline

Last year this time I was in Jamaica :crying: ...today I was in Mandeville and Porus visiting family...I'm so homesick.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Thanks Island! I am trying!

We can hold hands and wait together....

At lunch today I told A that I really wanted an e-mail from the embassy for my birthday. For his birthday we got the NOA2 so I wanted that for mine. Well I didn't specially say I wanted an interview date, just an e-mail. Guess I got what I asked for - this is the e-mail from the embassy:

Hi,

The applicant will be contacted as soon as a new date is generated.

Thank you.

Visa Unit.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey guys!

All you women of faith and prayer warriors, please keep me in your thoughts.

It is so hard for me to read threads and everyone else that applied at the same time as me have their SO home a long time ago..or they are getting ready for them to come home this month. I am so happy for everyone, but sometimes I get really discouraged!

How is everyone today?

I'm praying for you. Don't get discouraged. God may not come when you want him but he is always on time!

Wakey, I am going to have to put this on a sticky and put it some where! Thanks for the reminder.

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

Does anyone dance in the car when they are driving? Or sing out really loud? :alien:

I've been wanting to break out in a dance when Beyonce's Single Ladies song comes on in the morning.

You know I have a long commute.

haha, thats me. Love that song. People driving next to me think i'm crazy, but that song is like lighting a match under mi bum!

I do this too but my son tells me to stop because we may drive by someone that knows him :dance: .

067-1.jpg

080.jpg Want some

089-1.jpg I am hot

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.