SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and farrin (part 10)

5,134 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey guys!

All you women of faith and prayer warriors, please keep me in your thoughts.

It is so hard for me to read threads and everyone else that applied at the same time as me have their SO home a long time ago..or they are getting ready for them to come home this month. I am so happy for everyone, but sometimes I get really discouraged!

How is everyone today?

Aw Shrewdie

It'll soon be over. I know you hate hearing that cause i hated to hear that too!....so scratch that! it sucks for now, and I know there is nothing that can take that sucky feeling away until this mess is done with. So I'll just keep holding you an M up in my prayers. :star:

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey y'all good afternoon. Have not been able to log on at work for the past two days because it was crazy busy and had some really sick patients.

Islandwoman--Happy birthday to you. What plans do you have to celebrate?

Sus--better get that final paper done so you can enjoy your VJ time..lol

Sunny--how is Ray and how is he handling the changing weather?

Roxcie...welcome back

Honey---this too shall pass. Just keep a level head and do not make a decisiona about your relationship when you are upset

Jawi--dahling, how yuh duh? Me waan yuh fe get betta. Me caan stan when yuh inna pain. Anyway, I love your straightforwardness and how you are not afraid to speak your mind. I could not have expressed myself the way you did because I am always worried that I will hurt someone's feelings.

Kimmy--me knoa lang time sey yuh back broad and yuh will beat down a girl fe yuh man...lol

Wakey- hush and go tek some pain killa.

Lawny--BIG BOSS GYAL

Lovespone--welcome to VJ--this a great place to be for support and you will get to interact with a great group of cyper friends

JG--the issue about the email you sent your mom is a riot.

KK--how are you

1Luv--how is the pregnancy- still no morning sickness?

JGAY---Goodluck today my girl

Portland--hush. I hope you all get the visa soon and you will have your man here with you sooner than later.

Marlita, how is Evan adjusting? Sorry about your stalker. People need to get a life and be productive citizens of society.

Shrewdie---your time soon come girl.

I am blocking right now. I read so much since monring and if I am missing anyone or anything, forgive me. I love you all and come on here for inspiration. The days I don't log on I feel like a part of me feels so empty.

I am still waitng on sugestions for a diet to follow guys, I need inspiration and I know you all are so resourceful.

I am about to get out of bed and go take a shower. Trying to catch up kept me in bed all morning because Mike is still in PA with his sisters, so need for me to get OOB.

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Awww Shrewdie, so sorry you're feeling discouraged. I would be too though probably! We're all sending out prayers for it to move along for you so just keep the faith! It must be so hard to be married and not be able to enjoy daily life together. This will happen in '09 though, it's coming....maybe just look at this as your last little bit of time to do things you can't when your SO is around. Like on Sex and the City when they discussed 'secret single behavior'. LOL!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey guys!

You just hit the quote button at the bottom of each message and when you're done you select the 'add reply' button and can do it all at once. I usually delete the bulk of messages and only keep the stuff I'm commenting on so it isn't a mile long reply. Hope that makes sense.

This is a test. Thanks Ells!!! It's going to save me so much time

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Timeline
Hey y'all good afternoon. Have not been able to log on at work for the past two days because it was crazy busy and had some really sick patients.

Islandwoman--Happy birthday to you. What plans do you have to celebrate?

Sus--better get that final paper done so you can enjoy your VJ time..lol

Sunny--how is Ray and how is he handling the changing weather?

Roxcie...welcome back

Honey---this too shall pass. Just keep a level head and do not make a decisiona about your relationship when you are upset

Jawi--dahling, how yuh duh? Me waan yuh fe get betta. Me caan stan when yuh inna pain. Anyway, I love your straightforwardness and how you are not afraid to speak your mind. I could not have expressed myself the way you did because I am always worried that I will hurt someone's feelings.

Kimmy--me knoa lang time sey yuh back broad and yuh will beat down a girl fe yuh man...lol

Wakey- hush and go tek some pain killa.

Lawny--BIG BOSS GYAL

Lovespone--welcome to VJ--this a great place to be for support and you will get to interact with a great group of cyper friends

JG--the issue about the email you sent your mom is a riot.

KK--how are you

1Luv--how is the pregnancy- still no morning sickness?

JGAY---Goodluck today my girl

Portland--hush. I hope you all get the visa soon and you will have your man here with you sooner than later.

Marlita, how is Evan adjusting? Sorry about your stalker. People need to get a life and be productive citizens of society.

Shrewdie---your time soon come girl.

I am blocking right now. I read so much since monring and if I am missing anyone or anything, forgive me. I love you all and come on here for inspiration. The days I don't log on I feel like a part of me feels so empty.

I am still waitng on sugestions for a diet to follow guys, I need inspiration and I know you all are so resourceful.

I am about to get out of bed and go take a shower. Trying to catch up kept me in bed all morning because Mike is still in PA with his sisters, so need for me to get OOB.

Hey Ells!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey guys!

It is so hard for me to read threads and everyone else that applied at the same time as me have their SO home a long time ago..or they are getting ready for them to come home this month. I am so happy for everyone, but sometimes I get really discouraged!

How is everyone today?

Aw Shrewdie

It'll soon be over. I know you hate hearing that cause i hated to hear that too!....so scratch that! it sucks for now, and I know there is nothing that can take that sucky feeling away until this mess is done with. So I'll just keep holding you an M up in my prayers. :star:

I just received this from a friend. It brought a smile to my face and hope it will do the same for you

Cherokee Legend...

>

>

> Do you know the legend of the Cherokee Indian youth's rite of Passage?

>

> His father takes him into the forest, blindfolds him and leaves him

> alone.

>

> He is required to sit on a stump the whole night and not remove the

> blindfold until the rays of the morning sun shine through it. He

> cannot cry out for help to anyone. Once he survives the night, he is

> a MAN. He cannot tell the other boys of this experience, because each

> lad must come into manhood on his own.

> The boy is naturally terrified.

> He can hear all kinds of noises.

> Wild beasts must surely be all around him.

> Maybe even some human might do him harm.

> The wind blew the grass and earth, and shook his stump, but he sat

> stoically, never removing the blindfold. It would be the only way he

> could become a man! Finally , after a horrific night the sun appeared

> and he removed his blindfold. It was then that he discovered his

> father sitting on the stump next to him . He had been at watch the

> entire night, protecting his son from harm.

>

> We, too, are never alone. Even when we don't know it, God is watching

> over us, sitting on the stump beside us. When trouble comes, all we

> have to do is reach out to Him.

>

> If you liked this story, pass it on.

> If not, you took off your blindfold before dawn.

>

> Moral of the story:

>

> Just because you can't see God,

>

> Doesn't mean He is not there.

>

> 'For we walk by faith, not by sight.'

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Timeline

Ok..whatever Honey..all that ish is pure ish..and yes nuff a wi go a JA go ** but that is not MY # 1 goal..get it in when u can...all that bout joking pure foolishness..we all know u serious..so everybody can play hypocrite and laugh off ur ish..but whateva...all ppl read on here r words..so it can be taken in any light they see it until u clarify urself. aND DOES he really know all the ish that goes on here..how u sit inna him face etc....please

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

well ladies i just booked a reservation for Silver Seas resort in Ochi, much asi didnt want to!!!! it is as budget as one can get so lets hope i dont leave with MRSA or malaria or dengue......lol

anyone know anything about it, is it a roach motel

Timeline
Jaws mi totally agree...so mi nah seh nuttin more

ok..i changed my mind...Honey this is one of the reasons so many women gets pissed at the "farrin" ooman because it just seems as if u only want to have sex and don't give a rats about whatever else that goes on

Well I know nobody talkin to me but here goes... I think I understand where the Ja women are coming from and I could see how they get that notion that farrin woman want to just have sex and don't care about anything but speakin for this "farrin" woman I have not even had sex with my SO. I am not looking for a fling I am looking for someone to spend the rest of my life with however long that happens to be. I can't speak for anyone else but I think that a lot of things get distorted because they are viewed thru the lens of stereotypes on both sides of this equation.

Your right Sol, things to get "stereotyped" but lets face it sometimes ITS THE TRUTH!! People....a stereotype is only relative. If you are performing like said "stereotype" then IT IS NO LONGER A STEREOTYPE for you!!! I don't know anyones whole story on here or how they act in JA, but come on now.....ask yourself.....am i not acting like the stereotype?

Yes....No? What is it that JA men say about foreign women....are you that girl? What is it that JA women hate about foreign women.....are you that girl? Now if you're not then keep it moving and know that they "stereotype" is just that. Otherwise lets quit calling it stereotype when its truth!

I hear you Lita and I know I see plenty of women actin like said stereotype but that has never been me cause my mother raised me right! Therefore I can let the nasty looks and the rude behavior I encounter "roll off me like water down a ducks back" as my mother puts it because I know 1. those people don't know me and 2. that is not who I am. :blush:

You know to me it sometimes seems that American women are very intimidated by Jamaican women....just in general. I know for myself I was somewhat intimidated or at least quiet around them, but i think it was mainly feeling out of place on my own part....not because the women were doing things to make me feel uncomfortable. I find that JA women have a "rougher" or more serious look to their persona and thats very different from many American women. I think it makes them unapproachable or intimidating to people outside of that culture. But once you get to know them they really are very sweet women for the most part just going through their day to day. Jamaica makes women harder i think and that definitely comes across.

After I began to let my guard down around these women and I began to feel more confident being and acting or even looking a little different than many people in JA I began to really understand where they were coming from. I think many of them do see "farrin" women coming over and living what they may assume as "lavish". Hotel stays, partys, bars, clubs, beaches, pools, relaxing. Which should be fine....that farrin woman is on vacation after all. But when it comes to her coming and dipping into the JA man and acting a what they may consider "wild" with these men, and the men just loving it cause of course he's a man it bothers them. The women start developing an image that may be a stereotype but now its their reality.

Dont know if this makes sense. I'm just not focused today at work cause I have so much to do and have no idea how to even start....ever have one of those days? So I'm on VJ talking all kinds of craziness to try an stimulate my brain/. haha

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline

ppl more likely fi get MRSA from hospistals and nursings homes yah so..than in JA..#######...wah u a go stay some where where it is possible harm to ur health..if u no ready fi di risk going to JA maybe u souldn't be going

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
Ok..whatever Honey..all that ish is pure ish..and yes nuff a wi go a JA go ** but that is not MY # 1 goal..get it in when u can...all that bout joking pure foolishness..we all know u serious..so everybody can play hypocrite and laugh off ur ish..but whateva...all ppl read on here r words..so it can be taken in any light they see it until u clarify urself. aND DOES he really know all the ish that goes on here..how u sit inna him face etc....please

Bwoy, Kimmy yuh bole ehhh? :lol::lol:

Timeline
Hey guys!

How is everyone today?

Aw Shrewdie

aww thanks pal :)

Nice to see you back :rofl:

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.