SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and farrin (part 10)

5,134 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
welcome Lovesponge

Welcome LOveSPone!!! You live in my hometown...Orlando!!!

Thank You, I hate it here am ready to move to ATL of further south

"Patience with others is Love, Patience with self is Hope, Patience with God is Faith."--

Adel Bestavros

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jawi...ur a very passionate person...

Honey...u know we are here for you Honeychild...

I'm confused. Is there a hidden message here? True friends tell their friends when they are wrong...they will not always side with their friends just beause...I'm not a hypocrite. If he posted the same thing that Honey posted...half of you would be telling her to get rid of him.

I am true to myself first. People may not like what I have to say...but I believe in being fair and treating everyone with equal respect and truthfulness.

:wow::wacko::wacko: I think you just confused me. I don't think I was sending any hidden message. Just said that you're passionate. I thought it was a good thing...but maybe I'm wrong. :blush:

My apologies...I read your post wrong. I see the compliment.

Understandable!!! :thumbs:

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I hear you Lita and I know I see plenty of women actin like said stereotype but that has never been me cause my mother raised me right! Therefore I can let the nasty looks and the rude behavior I encounter "roll off me like water down a ducks back" as my mother puts it because I know 1. those people don't know me and 2. that is not who I am. :blush:

I like that saying....I told A today when something was bothering him to "let it roll off his back quick like me in a cold shower......"

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

welcome Lovesponge

I feel ya. I came to DC for school and never moved back. What part of Orlando? My parents live in Pines Hills..area.

Timeline
so i will be home this xmas god willing and i was thinking about being alone at night when my husband is doing the night shift. i usually sleep on the couch when my husband is at work so one night i decided to go to bed and i felt i feel like someone or something was holding me down on the bed. i woke up and felt shills down my spine and went back into to living room. i didn't sleep in the room when my husband did his night shift since. boy i will be living there now so i guess i will have to have the bible or a cross with me when i go to bed. or feel brave like king kong and just take a go at it again. i refuse to not go to my bed because of that 1 experience :unsure::unsure:

I say give it another try.... :thumbs:

Timeline
Well, today, 3 weeks after the RFE adn we sent in the new passport pictures, we got Andre's new passport. (sigh of relief....) Tomorrow, I am going to start a thread of how we did it for anyone who follows.

He hates it, btw. It's smaller and a maroon color.

Congrats!! Another mountain climbed...

Timeline
Hey ladies;

I'm okay. Got a promotion, so I'm crazy busy at work. I finally get an assistant after 11 years. I told them no more and that I'm only one person I can't do everything. Either get me some help or I'm walking.

Congrats, now you have someone to boss around :lol::lol:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline
welcome Lovesponge

I feel ya. I came to DC for school and never moved back. What part of Orlando? My parents live in Pines Hills..area.

I live in South Orlando near Disney, I just rather a little more mixture of races, its about 90% hispanic and I dont mean anything by it its just not what am used to thats all. I moved from NY because i couldnt stand the cold

"Patience with others is Love, Patience with self is Hope, Patience with God is Faith."--

Adel Bestavros

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey ladies;

I'm okay. Got a promotion, so I'm crazy busy at work. I finally get an assistant after 11 years. I told them no more and that I'm only one person I can't do everything. Either get me some help or I'm walking.

Congrats, now you have someone to boss around :lol::lol:

Hey Claire my favorite RN!!!!!

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

I live in South Orlando near Disney, I just rather a little more mixture of races, its about 90% hispanic and I dont mean anything by it its just not what am used to thats all. I moved from NY because i couldnt stand the cold

Atlanta has a pretty big population of Jamaicans.

I think I would move to Georgia before I end up in Florida.

What about Ft. Lauderdale? Miami? They have more of a mix.

Timeline
Well, today, 3 weeks after the RFE adn we sent in the new passport pictures, we got Andre's new passport. (sigh of relief....) Tomorrow, I am going to start a thread of how we did it for anyone who follows.

He hates it, btw. It's smaller and a maroon color.

kashi...has the new one..it is maroon....it's more like the US one

Is it me, or is it kind of freaky....the one page with all those same little passport pictures across the whole page?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

Atlanta has a pretty big population of Jamaicans.

I think I would move to Georgia before I end up in Florida.

What about Ft. Lauderdale? Miami? They have more of a mix.

Yeah my boo has family in Ft Lauderdale and Miami I think I would like it a little better down there. But the only family I have here in Orlando is my sister it would be hard to leave her. Dont you miss FL its so cold in DC?

Adel Bestavros

Timeline
Wow 9 months how did you do it? I think i would go crazy. I been home 3 times this year already :wacko: am broke

I feel you on that...and more broke ness to come once he gets here until able to find work. Hang in there cause the good days will outweigh the bad and your patience will be rewarded :thumbs:

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Timeline
Jawi, your right the funny thing is i read your first post and skipped all the other pages just to respond, your right if D stated what im stating i would totally have an attitude, crazy i know, but the funny thing is im telling him just what im telling you all, i tell him it has nothing to do with the kids and everything to do with not having control of the situation. i have also told him dont apologize to me about the kids being there, my frustration comes purely from the manipulation on BMs part. the other day she managed to get the boys and take them to wherever she was staying but then she dropped them back off and disappeared again for 2 days or she cant watch them but she will send her 16 year old, not by D up to his house to babysit, well where is he the 16 year old staying ???? see its the ####### like that sets me to bytching. So again, i have no issue with you voicing your feelings cause yeah im wrong as hell, i can admit that , just frustrated as hell .

Crazy question - is it possible for all 3 of you to sit down and discuss?

My friend was in the same situation. Her "boyfriend" kept telling her all these crazy BM stories...well they finally met two weeks ago but it was nothing like he said. The BM didn't even know my friend was going to petition for her kids to come to the US. Just a thought...

exactly !!!

Jawi, Honey, Island, Legz, and anyone I missed all of your post were theraputic. Bullet Bullet

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.