5,134 posts in this topic

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline

Jakeswife - that's good. The first time I tried tofu, I couldn't swallow it. I made me gag. My mom is seventh day adventist so she's vegan and I've tried it at other times, but once it made me sick to my stomach and I broke out in hives, that was it for me. A few times a year I do all veggies for a few weeks at a time. It helps to purge my system. Then I drink about 64oz of cerease (not at once though)...

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
my hubby hates tofu it taste like ackee to him and he got sick when he ate ackee once. he never ate it again.i have my job cut out for me. i mostly cook 2 protein meals. thank god he loves my cooking

I would break him into it slowly - cut it up small in a stirfry and tell him its chicken - use the firm tofu - with enough spice he won't know -

My Dad was a picky eater and wouldn't touch most veggies - My mom makes stuffed mushrooms - she always had to make balls of the stuffing only, not the cap and he would eat them non-stop - the only thing in the stuffing was the chopped up mushroom stem!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
tre i am a vegetarian so let me school u on tofu. tofu steak is made from tofu, tofu is made form soy.specifically bean curd. i eat alot of of tofu. i love curry so i have curried tofu alot.

jakeswife...galang mi know a wah..a just baddah mi baddah Manya bout wah fi ar dawtah cook...

Now, where is that GOAT? :rofl:

I can't eat Tofu, it makes me sick to my stomach. I've tired. I'm allergic to it, but I drink SOY milk like it's water. I can't believe the different flavour of soy they have in Jamaican. I can't find those flavours here. My favorite is malta.

my hubby hates tofu it taste like ackee to him and he got sick when he ate ackee once. he never ate it again.i have my job cut out for me. i mostly cook 2 protein meals. thank god he loves my cooking

Jakeswife - do you any seafood? Did you ever eat meat?

I feel guilty asking my daughter to cook chicken for me because she doesn't eat it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Portland, mi figet fi ask u if at di interview dem ask u anyting bout how u come a'merica and ow u get u'r citizenship

No, they didn't asked. Only thing she asked me for was my passport.

Portland, you're so lucky. I was interrogated about how I obtained my greencard and then my citizenship. They had all the information in front of them, but still they asked. It's a damn thing I remembered I was 9 years old.

Yeah, we have been, but I guess our luck is running out with this whole administrative processing.

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

Timeline
Jakeswife - that's good. The first time I tried tofu, I couldn't swallow it. I made me gag. My mom is seventh day adventist so she's vegan and I've tried it at other times, but once it made me sick to my stomach and I broke out in hives, that was it for me. A few times a year I do all veggies for a few weeks at a time. It helps to purge my system. Then I drink about 64oz of cerease (not at once though)...

Are Seventh Day Adventist suppose to be vegans? I know must Muslim and Hebrewlites (sp) are.

My daughter friends are vegans and they are not invited over here again unless they bring food :angry: . They don't even eat honey because bees made it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I would break him into it slowly - cut it up small in a stirfry and tell him its chicken - use the firm tofu - with enough spice he won't know -

My Dad was a picky eater and wouldn't touch most veggies - My mom makes stuffed mushrooms - she always had to make balls of the stuffing only, not the cap and he would eat them non-stop - the only thing in the stuffing was the chopped up mushroom stem!

i make other vegetarian meals that he likes sometimes i cook only the food i eat and he just gobbles it up. i am going to buy vege fish and try it. i went to a couple stores in indiana but didn't find any so i went on a website and saw it so i will be getting some shipped to me

Filed: Timeline
Lawny where do you buy cerease from?

I brought it back with me in June.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
tre i am a vegetarian so let me school u on tofu. tofu steak is made from tofu, tofu is made form soy.specifically bean curd. i eat alot of of tofu. i love curry so i have curried tofu alot.

jakeswife...galang mi know a wah..a just baddah mi baddah Manya bout wah fi ar dawtah cook...

I can't eat Tofu, it makes me sick to my stomach. I've tired. I'm allergic to it, but I drink SOY milk like it's water. I can't believe the different flavour of soy they have in Jamaican. I can't find those flavours here. My favorite is malta.

I feel guilty asking my daughter to cook chicken for me because she doesn't eat it.

no i use to eat meat and seafood. i have been a vegetarian for 9 years. i quit meat and fish cold turkey and never went back

Timeline

Never mind...pescatarians are vegetarian who eat seafood.

Timeline

Hey ladies, i was just back reading and had to respond, i dont take your posts as harmful or overstepping at all, yeah i know sometimes i can be wrong as hell and i know it and i even tell D that i may be wrong. My issue has never been with the kids at all, just that i feel that right now the issue with the BM is working my nerves, she has resurfaced but only when she wants too. She has made no effort that i am aware of to find someplace to live, and has been from pillar to post, in the mean time D has been taking care of them. I could care less about rooksin hell i was celibate for 2 years, cause i was doing me, not concerned about sexing anyone. i just tend to get frustrated from day to day. Me and D have talked about the kids coming to the States after he is working, i have told him i cannot support a family of 7 or 8 alone, i dont care how they do it in JA. Daycare alone would put me in the poor house. I accept his kids and want to love them like i love my own, i have purchased christmas gifts and the like for all of them. I know im being selfish, selfish as hell, the situation at hand is definitely a test to the relationship. I think whole heartedly that BM knows what she is doing, and hell maybe she just needs a break i mean as a woman we all need that sometime. I guess the issue with me, has been that i get somewhat irritated because he isnt handling the situation like i feel he should that is the controlling side of me, when i have no control over a situation it frustrates the hell outta me. I have had my plane ticket to JA since returning , we had agreed i would stay there, i took the time off from both jobs, no worries Mon. Now here it is around 30 days or so before im to leave, i have no reservations for someplace to stay, cant stay with him and gonna have to pull money out my tail if i want to stay in OChi. I could stay with him but there wouldnt be enough room to fart in the apartment with all of us. He is gonna have to leave for work and im not sure how she is gonna respond to me being there and being with her kids since im farrin and evil. SO believe me, i dont claim to be right, cause i know D has no control over the matter it just pisses me off is all. I know yall love me... SO dont worry sometimes we need to hear things whether we want or not....LOL

Timeline

Hey ladies, i was just back reading and had to respond, i dont take your posts as harmful or overstepping at all, yeah i know sometimes i can be wrong as hell and i know it and i even tell D that i may be wrong. My issue has never been with the kids at all, just that i feel that right now the issue with the BM is working my nerves, she has resurfaced but only when she wants too. She has made no effort that i am aware of to find someplace to live, and has been from pillar to post, in the mean time D has been taking care of them. I could care less about rooksin hell i was celibate for 2 years, cause i was doing me, not concerned about sexing anyone. i just tend to get frustrated from day to day. Me and D have talked about the kids coming to the States after he is working, i have told him i cannot support a family of 7 or 8 alone, i dont care how they do it in JA. Daycare alone would put me in the poor house. I accept his kids and want to love them like i love my own, i have purchased christmas gifts and the like for all of them. I know im being selfish, selfish as hell, the situation at hand is definitely a test to the relationship. I think whole heartedly that BM knows what she is doing, and hell maybe she just needs a break i mean as a woman we all need that sometime. I guess the issue with me, has been that i get somewhat irritated because he isnt handling the situation like i feel he should that is the controlling side of me, when i have no control over a situation it frustrates the hell outta me. I have had my plane ticket to JA since returning , we had agreed i would stay there, i took the time off from both jobs, no worries Mon. Now here it is around 30 days or so before im to leave, i have no reservations for someplace to stay, cant stay with him and gonna have to pull money out my tail if i want to stay in OChi. I could stay with him but there wouldnt be enough room to fart in the apartment with all of us. He is gonna have to leave for work and im not sure how she is gonna respond to me being there and being with her kids since im farrin and evil. SO believe me, i dont claim to be right, cause i know D has no control over the matter it just pisses me off is all. I know yall love me... SO dont worry sometimes we need to hear things whether we want or not....LOL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi Everyone am new to this thread but it looks like fun. I was just reading through todays posts you all had me cracking up. Do you all post all throughout the day while at work?

"Patience with others is Love, Patience with self is Hope, Patience with God is Faith."--

Adel Bestavros

Timeline

Dagnabit, my battery is going low and hell they didnt give me cords for the new computer, gotta see if i can hunt some down, if not im gonna be sitting in the car on the laptop charging it from the car lighter....LOL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.