SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and farrin (part 10)

5,134 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Here is our diet inspiration, and laugh for the day!

:rofl::rofl: I am going to brunch with my friends at my favorite Italian restuarant in Georgetown. But I have my gym bag pack already in the car.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Here is our diet inspiration, and laugh for the day!

:rofl::rofl: I am going to brunch with my friends at my favorite Italian restuarant in Georgetown. But I have my gym bag pack already in the car.

Was that a milkshake he was drinking? I hope it was slim fast! :rofl:

Opportunities are like sunrises - if you wait too long, you miss them.

William Arthur Ward

Timeline
Sol, so what your saying is if i get another wood door, and have this metal thing installed in it that it cant be kicked in???

Yeah honey. I talked to the guys at several door installation companies about it. Do you have a deadbolt? this is good as well and you can always get a security system installed as well. It will cut a little off your insurance too.

William Arthur Ward

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sol there are deadbolts on all three doors, the door they kicked in was a wood door with a deadbolt on it, and the whole frame just splintered up so now the lock is exposed. Im so tired, i dont want to deal with this, the landlord wants me to pay for the door if i get metal and i just spent , between rent at my apartment 1600, and moving into this place not to mention another 300 in moving costs. so damn near 2000 dollars , :crying:

then the deposit for the water, i cant spend another dime

Edited by honeychild36

Timeline

i will look into a security system as well, but damn i just lost 2 laptops and 300 dollars worth of christmas stuff and then she wants me to pay for metal doors....

i didnt cry last night cause i was in shock, and now i feel like i need to go curl up in a ball and cry

Timeline
Sol there are deadbolts on all three doors, the door they kicked in was a wood door with a deadbolt on it, and the whole frame just splintered up so now the lock is exposed. Im so tired, i dont want to deal with this, the landlord wants me to pay for the door if i get metal and i just spent , between rent at my apartment 1600, and moving into this place not to mention another 300 in moving costs. so damn near 2000 dollars , :crying:

then the deposit for the water, i cant spend another dime

That is what happened exactly to my door that is metal. The thing is the door frames are not thick enough the door people told me. That is why they put the steel plate thing over the door frame and put in long screws. Make sure you put it on all the doors and make them use long screws that go into the studs. See everytime they kick the door is loosens the screws and finally just tears up the door frame and viola the door flies open. If they use the steel plate over it is less likely that the door will come open. Also the long screws give it way less play as far as getting in through the door. Honey I think you can still get something from the insurance company so I wouldn't worry about the stuff until you talk to them.

Edited by solsoeur

William Arthur Ward

Filed: Timeline

Honey so sorry to hear about what just happen ((((hug))))

MY HAPPINESS IS SOLELY UP TO ME AND

LIFE IS ALL ABOUT CHOICES, U DONT HAVE TO REMAIN IN UR CURRENT SITUATION IF U DON'T CHOSE TO BE!!!!!!!!!

***SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO FORGET HOW YOU FEEL AND REMEMBER WHAT YOU DESERVE***

Timeline

okay sol, thanks i will look into it. i think im going to go lie down, im feeling a bit exhausted and i intend on going to church lord willing before i go to work. back later

thanks again everyone for the support

Filed: Timeline

Hey honey, its ok to cry after cause lord, know I wouldn't be any good just thank God ur children weren't home.

MY HAPPINESS IS SOLELY UP TO ME AND

LIFE IS ALL ABOUT CHOICES, U DONT HAVE TO REMAIN IN UR CURRENT SITUATION IF U DON'T CHOSE TO BE!!!!!!!!!

***SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO FORGET HOW YOU FEEL AND REMEMBER WHAT YOU DESERVE***

Timeline
Good morning ladies :crying:

Im going to start of the morning by saying im giving god the glory for waking me up this morning and keeping my family safe.

When i returned home from work last night, someone had broken into my house!!!! :crying: i have been there 11 days ladies... i feel so violated. My home laptop was stolen with all my photos on it, my work laptop is gone, my DVD player is gone.. and im not sure what else.....

Thank god my sons werent home and my house wasnt destroyed but i feel unsafe.

Oh Honey!! I'm so sorry you have to deal with this right now. ((((hugs))))

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
We need to start before Christmas He!! I gained 4 pounds in the last few days :help: . I say we start 12/01/2008 untill

12/25/2008 then start back again :rofl: .

I'm game too!!! I have put on 8 pounds since I came back from JA. I get depressed when I come back and chocolate is my drug of choice. :wacko:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
Hey ladies im thanks... im trying to stay strong...just got off the phone with the landlord, who says she will fix the door,and have motion sensors installed but if i want steel i have to pay for it!!! my mom is giving all this sidebar info ( tell her this, tell her that) im really tired cause i didnt sleep last night ( and im trying not to cry)

Ryan you absolutely dont have to send me a DVD player, girl i can buy another one...LOL

honey i am so sorry to hear what happened to you but i agree with sol that u should not let anything or anyone stop you from enjoying your house. take all the necessary precautions and do your best to stay safe.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.