SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and farrin (part 10)

5,134 posts in this topic

OK IM KINDA LOST ARE WE DOING THE DIET THINGY NOW ... :star:

so when are we starting the dieting thing? B)

We need to start before Christmas He!! I gained 4 pounds in the last few days :help: . I say we start 12/01/2008 untill

12/25/2008 then start back again :rofl: .

Gone to work have a nice Sunday!!!!!!

Edited by morantbaygirl

067-1.jpg

080.jpg Want some

089-1.jpg I am hot

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning ladies :crying:

Im going to start of the morning by saying im giving god the glory for waking me up this morning and keeping my family safe.

When i returned home from work last night, someone had broken into my house!!!! :crying: i have been there 11 days ladies... i feel so violated. My home laptop was stolen with all my photos on it, my work laptop is gone, my DVD player is gone.. and im not sure what else.....

Thank god my sons werent home and my house wasnt destroyed but i feel unsafe.

Timeline

Im camping out at my moms house cause someone kicked in my backdoor, which was wooden. I asked my landlord prior to moving it, if she would allow ME to put a steel door on the one door in the house that was wooden. She assured me it was safe and that she had never had any issues before. THe neighborhood is very nice and filled with families, well now i dont know what the hell to do...

SUS, i need your advice so PM if you can, my mom says if she wont secure the house and put metal doors up, she will call her atty and see if i can break the lease, citing i have only been there 11 days, we asked prior to moving in, about securing the one door we felt to be unsafe, and she declined. My apartment manager said i can move back if i want to return, but i dont want too. i have never had this much space....:crying:

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Oh, Honey, I am so sorry to hear that - Thank God you are all okay, though - possessions can be replaced, at least no one is hurt.

I am not sure about what you can do, because it varies state by state - Do you have it in writing that you asked her to secure the doors? You might be out of luck with that, because you still moved in even though she declined to change the door - which means you accepted it as is. I would try talking to the landlord about it and see what she says - she has to replace the door now anyway, right? Why not replace it with a steel door -

We need to start before Christmas He!! I gained 4 pounds in the last few days :help: . I say we start 12/01/2008 untill

I am game to start it now, I have to be in a bathing suit by the 26th!! I woke up intending to go to the gym today, but it's snowing :cry:

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

tHANks sus, no we didnt get it in writing, and yeah she is gonna have to change the door, but if she insist on doing wood again, then im gonna fight her to break the lease. I get in late on the weekends with work and my sons are usually there after school so i worry about them being safe.

Not to mention i just went shopping on Black Friday so my christmas stuff is gone..:crying: and i had not set up renters insurance on the house since i just moved in :crying:

oh well , im going to try to remain optimistic about this, but it sucks!!!

Timeline

It's always worth trying to argue it with her - and if your Mom can get free advice from her attorney, then I would suggest talking to him, because he would know the laws in your state better than I would - I would also argue the point with her that you raised the concern before you moved in, she failed to correct an unsafe situation and that it has been proven to be unsafe, because you were robbed - that she needs to use a steel door and fix it. Maybe offer to split the cost with her if she won't do it =- let her pay the cost of the wooden door and you add in the rest to get a solid one -

I would also change the locks on the house, just to be safe. Being robbed sucks -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
Good morning ladies :crying:

Im going to start of the morning by saying im giving god the glory for waking me up this morning and keeping my family safe.

When i returned home from work last night, someone had broken into my house!!!! :crying: i have been there 11 days ladies... i feel so violated. My home laptop was stolen with all my photos on it, my work laptop is gone, my DVD player is gone.. and im not sure what else.....

Thank god my sons werent home and my house wasnt destroyed but i feel unsafe.

Good morning :wow:

Honey i am so sorry to hear what happened. It is so sad BUT I remember living in the city (Chicago) and my parents would move or load things in the middle of the night - they say that theives will watch you move in and come back to take what they saw...

Please PM me your address i am sending you a DVD (i will not take NO for an answer) player, which i purchase extra during thanksgiving shopping spree.

I am glad the kids were not home.

I am headed to church to pray that i stay sane this week and keep all the negative away.

Honey, remember that this is just a small bump in our path to where we need to be and we can replace the materials things. be safe and God Bless

I am so happy to hear that you are OK (F)

Oh, Honey, I am so sorry to hear that - Thank God you are all okay, though - possessions can be replaced, at least no one is hurt.

I am not sure about what you can do, because it varies state by state - Do you have it in writing that you asked her to secure the doors? You might be out of luck with that, because you still moved in even though she declined to change the door - which means you accepted it as is. I would try talking to the landlord about it and see what she says - she has to replace the door now anyway, right? Why not replace it with a steel door -

I am game to start it now, I have to be in a bathing suit by the 26th!! I woke up intending to go to the gym today, but it's snowing :cry:

:yes:start 12/01/2008 untill 12/25/2008

love.jpg

Timeline

Tanya what are you doing gaining weight girl? :lol: I didn't gain any but I only lost 1 pound. I sure am tired of this 1 pound mess :angry:

Opportunities are like sunrises - if you wait too long, you miss them.

William Arthur Ward

Timeline

Honey I just read your post. I am so sorry about this. My house got robbed a few years ago and I wasn't even in the house a year and I am the 1st owner of the house. People who steal search out people they think are easy targets. Please don't let this experience keep you from enjoying your house. I have a metal door and it was still kicked in. The door has no damage what happened was they broke the door frame. When I had the door fixed I had them put in a kickout thing. It is just a steel plate that goes over the door jam. Like they have in some school doors. Anyway it can't be kicked in now. You can try that and it does not cost as much as a steel door. You can also get it yourself at home depot etc and have it installed. I am so glad that you and the kids are safe. You need to read your insurance policy as well because it should still cover your stuff even if you moved since you are still renting. It is worth a try. PM me if you need help with the insurance ####### cause it is a pain. I had to give them receipts off all the electronic stuff since they give you depreciated value of things etc etc. Luckily I am a person who keeps receipts. Let me know if I can be of any help please.

((((hugs)))))

Opportunities are like sunrises - if you wait too long, you miss them.

William Arthur Ward

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sounds like a plan :thumbs:

Honey - sorry that happened....pretty scary. Luckily you and the kids weren't home.

Jawi - you sons are so cute :luv:

I went to Walmart on Black Friday 4 in the morning and the line was wrapped around the parking lot. I only went to get a 42 inch TV...of couse, I came out with nothing.

Timeline

Hey ladies im thanks... im trying to stay strong...just got off the phone with the landlord, who says she will fix the door,and have motion sensors installed but if i want steel i have to pay for it!!! my mom is giving all this sidebar info ( tell her this, tell her that) im really tired cause i didnt sleep last night ( and im trying not to cry)

Ryan you absolutely dont have to send me a DVD player, girl i can buy another one...LOL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.