SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and farrin (part 10)

5,134 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
I am not sure if I mention this, but with DHL they do not deliver visa anymore, they said anything in transit is not safe, so they give you a location in Kingson and 1 in Mobay to pick up your visa with 3-4 business days!

what does that mean "" anything in transit is not safe"" i thought that was their mode of operation.

mi no overstand dat one niedah

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ladies, I am sitting here trying to catch up. One thing that ran across my mind, after reading some of the posts about us wanting to lose weight, is that we could form our own support group for weight loss. We could all give suggestions about any diets that have worked and we could all go on that diet together and weigh in each week to track our progress.

Is that something you all would like to do. I have 50 lbs to loose.

Don't you all raise your hand at the same time and confuse me....lol

Suggestions?????

Evening Yardie crew ---waving........hope everyone had a great weekend! I see you all are talking Thnaksgiving stuff. I am not looking forward to it this year. My whole, I mean WHOLE family is comingto my tiny 2 bedroom apartment, more than 18 people in all. Guess it will be standing room only. Think they will be mad if I charge admission to fund my next trip to JA?? :whistle:

:rofl::rofl: You are hilarious!!!!

Great idea Claire. We started one last year but the thread died.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
The only time that I found real CDs in JA was in MoBay at this little shopping mall. Crazy part was that they sold for around $20-25 a piece....WAY more expensive than what we can get them for here even! How does that work???

This is Jah Cure....I am a willing spender (if that makes sense!) Cost is not really an issue for this CD!!!

Night all, time to leave work before someone else realizes I am still here! :ph34r:

Night Sus.

why don't u get them at the airport in Mobay. In that one music store?

Opportunities are like sunrises - if you wait too long, you miss them.

William Arthur Ward

Timeline
Ladies, I am sitting here trying to catch up. One thing that ran across my mind, after reading some of the posts about us wanting to lose weight, is that we could form our own support group for weight loss. We could all give suggestions about any diets that have worked and we could all go on that diet together and weigh in each week to track our progress.

Is that something you all would like to do. I have 50 lbs to loose.

Don't you all raise your hand at the same time and confuse me....lol

Suggestions?????

Evening Yardie crew ---waving........hope everyone had a great weekend! I see you all are talking Thnaksgiving stuff. I am not looking forward to it this year. My whole, I mean WHOLE family is comingto my tiny 2 bedroom apartment, more than 18 people in all. Guess it will be standing room only. Think they will be mad if I charge admission to fund my next trip to JA?? :whistle:

:rofl::rofl: You are hilarious!!!!

Great idea Claire. We started one last year but the thread died.

I'm in, lets just start back up the old one. :thumbs:

Timeline
I don't know if KK asked, but I definately did. Is this record place in Negril area???

MrsLadyD - Most CDs that I have found in Negril are bootlegged - Even the guys in the downtown plaza have bootlegs - but theirs are pretty good. I have already sent DJ on the hunt for this, because I haven't found it yet!

I got some CD's from a guy on the corner by the Scotia Bank.........won't even read in my car! :crying: I have a stock stereo in a 2000 toyota and it don't like burned CD's for nuttin'!!

LMAO!! I have a 2001 Toyota that only likes burned CD's if they are warm - which is only like 3 months out of the year.

Is that true? Mine has issues too. I need to pay more attention to when it acts up and when it doesn't now. Interesting theory.

The only time that I found real CDs in JA was in MoBay at this little shopping mall. Crazy part was that they sold for around $20-25 a piece....WAY more expensive than what we can get them for here even! How does that work???

Cause they only sell one......and then 10,000 copies of it are burned!!!!!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I just got my official notice tomorrow is my last day at work...

Hey Portland, another door will open soon.

Yep, I have been very blessed this year. I decided to move to NC in January, I never quite got the hang of NYC!

Portland, sorry about the job loss. What part of NC will you be moving to?

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Filed: Timeline

portland so sory to hear about your job, will add you to my prayer lists.

MY HAPPINESS IS SOLELY UP TO ME AND

LIFE IS ALL ABOUT CHOICES, U DONT HAVE TO REMAIN IN UR CURRENT SITUATION IF U DON'T CHOSE TO BE!!!!!!!!!

***SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO FORGET HOW YOU FEEL AND REMEMBER WHAT YOU DESERVE***

Timeline
I am not sure if I mention this, but with DHL they do not deliver visa anymore, they said anything in transit is not safe, so they give you a location in Kingson and 1 in Mobay to pick up your visa with 3-4 business days!

what does that mean "" anything in transit is not safe"" i thought that was their mode of operation.

I think what Portland is saying is that they won't deliver to like your post office or to your house...but its not only in kingston or mobay where you can pick up your visa...sunray let me know that you can pick it up at any airpak office location...my husband plan to pick up his at the airpak office located in mandeville...

NVC Journey Total days: 75

04.09.2008: Case# assigned

05.12.2008: DS230 Entered into System

06.18.2008: Case Complete (So upset that it took this long 37days)

US Embassy:

10.29.2008: Interview Date Assigned

11.17.2008: Medical Appointment

12.03.2008: Interview Date (FINALLY!!!)**APPROVED**

12.08.2008: Visa Delivered

12.21.2008: POE JFK

Timeline
Let's see if this works...

MeminusAlissa.jpg I cropped my girlfriend out because I didn't get her permission to post her pic. :thumbs:

Looking good Jawi. Your legs look exactly like mine :yes::lol:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline

morant ur grandbaby is toooo cutie pie...scrumptious....

Today was the last day of hubby open enrollment on his med plan..and i finally decided to add myself....only $20 copay compared to my $40...and dental that only costs $3.00 and a wayyyy better vision plan...love it..Thnak you God..that's one more thing I'm thankful for this year...

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

Probably they have some kind of secure location in Kingston and Mobay, but for the little DHL trucks to be traveling all over the back roads of the island to deliver to someone's house is not safe. Just my guess....

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
LMAO!! I have a 2001 Toyota that only likes burned CD's if they are warm - which is only like 3 months out of the year.

Is that true? Mine has issues too. I need to pay more attention to when it acts up and when it doesn't now. Interesting theory.

True!! If I don't keep my burned CDs in my bag so they stay inside, the bootlegged ones just spit back out at me when they are cold. No problems with the ones I buy from the store.

I think what Portland is saying is that they won't deliver to like your post office or to your house...but its not only in kingston or mobay where you can pick up your visa...sunray let me know that you can pick it up at any airpak office location...my husband plan to pick up his at the airpak office located in mandeville...

Jgay - they changed the rules last week (or week before) when the started the new appointment system. They don't use airpak anymore - just DHL, no Paymaster anymore, just National Commerical Bank.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline

some cars just won't play a bootleg/copy/burned CD..my toyota 2003 plays most every once in a while it kicks back the CD..my cousins Honda Accord..would NEVER play a burned disc...hated riding with..she never hasany CD's (that I wanna listen to)

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.