• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ladies, I am sitting here trying to catch up. One thing that ran across my mind, after reading some of the posts about us wanting to lose weight, is that we could form our own support group for weight loss. We could all give suggestions about any diets that have worked and we could all go on that diet together and weigh in each week to track our progress.

Is that something you all would like to do. I have 50 lbs to loose.

Don't you all raise your hand at the same time and confuse me....lol

Suggestions?????

Evening Yardie crew ---waving........hope everyone had a great weekend! I see you all are talking Thnaksgiving stuff. I am not looking forward to it this year. My whole, I mean WHOLE family is comingto my tiny 2 bedroom apartment, more than 18 people in all. Guess it will be standing room only. Think they will be mad if I charge admission to fund my next trip to JA?? :whistle:

:rofl::rofl: You are hilarious!!!!

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Happy Thanksgiving, Dillon :D

I will probably be MIA from Thursday-Sun as well. This year A's birthday is on Thanksgiving so we have tons planned - Black Friday shopping, taking a day trip up to Canada, birthday party, getting our Christmas tree, Thanksgiving with the family at my house, going to the movies...geesh I am tired already :blink:

are u coming to Toronto?

I am on the west coast so we will be going to Vancouver and Granville Island. I would love to visit Toronto someday though.

Ladies, I am sitting here trying to catch up. One thing that ran across my mind, after reading some of the posts about us wanting to lose weight, is that we could form our own support group for weight loss. We could all give suggestions about any diets that have worked and we could all go on that diet together and weigh in each week to track our progress.

Suggestions?????

Good idea!!! :thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
jgay u must be so excited. when will ur husband be up after the interview?

I am very very very excited....well he is not sure yet...first it will depend on when he gets his visa...then his older brother is coming down from Canada and is throwing a big bashment in his town on Dec 21st so he thinking of staying for that...he told me his brother got a few Djs performing like Tony Mattherone and someone else I heard of but can't remember the name right now....so it is suppose to be pretty big...so he figured that will be like a going away party with his friends and family...and he would come up the next day....his brother is the one buying the ticket for him so i think he probably stay for the party to help his brother out...his brother is doing this every year now...last year was his first time throwing a party and it was pretty successfully....and hubby helped him a lot with it so he is probably expecting the same this year....we will see after the interview and when he gets his visa but for right now it seems like it will be Dec 22nd...at least he will be here for Christmas...hoping and praying the interview goes well.... :innocent: ..how about you...when do you plan to fly up or when would like to fly up....

NVC Journey Total days: 75

04.09.2008: Case# assigned

05.12.2008: DS230 Entered into System

06.18.2008: Case Complete (So upset that it took this long 37days)

US Embassy:

10.29.2008: Interview Date Assigned

11.17.2008: Medical Appointment

12.03.2008: Interview Date (FINALLY!!!)**APPROVED**

12.08.2008: Visa Delivered

12.21.2008: POE JFK

Timeline
jgay u must be so excited. when will ur husband be up after the interview?

I am very very very excited....well he is not sure yet...first it will depend on when he gets his visa...then his older brother is coming down from Canada and is throwing a big bashment in his town on Dec 21st so he thinking of staying for that...he told me his brother got a few Djs performing like Tony Mattherone and someone else I heard of but can't remember the name right now....so it is suppose to be pretty big...so he figured that will be like a going away party with his friends and family...and he would come up the next day....his brother is the one buying the ticket for him so i think he probably stay for the party to help his brother out...his brother is doing this every year now...last year was his first time throwing a party and it was pretty successfully....and hubby helped him a lot with it so he is probably expecting the same this year....we will see after the interview and when he gets his visa but for right now it seems like it will be Dec 22nd...at least he will be here for Christmas...hoping and praying the interview goes well.... :innocent: ..how about you...when do you plan to fly up or when would like to fly up....

the day after i get the visa whenever that is. i am more excited for you though because my time seems far away.yours is next wednesday

Edited by jakeswife

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Portland...I just read you interview experience. Sounds like you had a good experience.

May God bless u and your soon to be husband.

Thanks KK!

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Happy Thanksgiving, Dillon :D

I will probably be MIA from Thursday-Sun as well. This year A's birthday is on Thanksgiving so we have tons planned - Black Friday shopping, taking a day trip up to Canada, birthday party, getting our Christmas tree, Thanksgiving with the family at my house, going to the movies...geesh I am tired already :blink:

Have fun Yaads :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am not sure if I mention this, but with DHL they do not deliver visa anymore, they said anything in transit is not safe, so they give you a location in Kingson and 1 in Mobay to pick up your visa with 3-4 business days!

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

Timeline
ALL over!

http://www.dancingwiththestarsontour.com/

Hey, maybe that could be our link up - they are at Mohegan Sun at the end of January!

OMG!!! Let's plan that. I'm putting it on the calendar.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline

Suggestions?????

I lost 20 last year and would like to lose 20 more. After typing that, I just ran to the scale - edit I need to love 27 more. I put on 7 freakin pounds since I came back from JA last month. I always get so depressed and the ####### food at Disney didn't help me at all!

The only thing that I find that works for me is exercise, exercise, exercise. I try to really watch what I am eating (MAJOR sweet tooth) and make good choices.

But I'm in with a support group.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
I am not sure if I mention this, but with DHL they do not deliver visa anymore, they said anything in transit is not safe, so they give you a location in Kingson and 1 in Mobay to pick up your visa with 3-4 business days!

what does that mean "" anything in transit is not safe"" i thought that was their mode of operation.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.