SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and farrin (part 10)

5,134 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
My hubby can be so sweet at times. Thanksgiving is super special for us because Damien arrived here on Thanksgiving night 4 years ago. I planned to put a love letter in his luggage for him to read in JA when he unpacked.

He just called a few mintues to ask me - what is today? I said Tuesday. He said - sweetie, it's the 25th, it was 4 years today my dreams came true...starting our lives together in the same country under the same roof :wub: He said other things I can't repeat :devil:

Awwww what a sweetie :luv:

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
girl, look at the email from our new owner....

Subject: THANKSGIVING

To The United Online Family,

It is that time of year when each of us gets the chance to reflect upon all that we have to be thankful for. We have been blessed to be part of a great company that has accomplished a tremendous amount in its 10 year history due to the wonderful people we have employed. I am thrilled to welcome the 1,100 FTD global employees into the United Online family this year and I am excited about the opportunities that business brings to UOL in addition to the fine performance registered this year by the ISP, Classmates and MyPoints businesses.

I know how hard everyone has been working in these challenging economic times and I want to make sure each of you try to spend some quality time with your families and friends during the Thanksgiving Holiday weekend. Each year I personally treasure the Thursday through Sunday 4-day weekend that we have and I know that many of you feel that way as well.

Even though we have a lot of activities going on right now that are quite time consuming, I thought it would be nice to give everyone a head start on the 4 day weekend. Therefore, we will be have a 2:00 p.m. dismissal (in the local time where your office is located) on Wednesday November 26 for all U.S. locations.We will see everyone back in the office on Monday December 1, 2008.

I wish each and every one of you a happy, healthy and safe holiday weekend.

Sincerely,

Ryon, I love bosses like that - My manager is good about making sure that we all leave early the day before a holiday - but other depts are not so lucky. Our new Chief Legal Officer started 3 days before a holiday - and immediately sent out an email to all her reports that we were closing at 1 - She is much loved, lol

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
Therefore, we will be have a 2:00 p.m. dismissal (in the local time where your office is located) on Wednesday November 26 for all U.S. locations.We will see everyone back in the office on Monday December 1, 2008.

Wow that is so nice! Enjoy the extra time!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Very nice Rayon....you shouldn't tell anyone you get off early tomorrow and go do something for yourself for a little bit.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Very nice Rayon....you shouldn't tell anyone you get off early tomorrow and go do something for yourself for a little bit.

That is a very good idea :yes:

Hey Kims...mi hate deh internet police :crying:

heyaaa :crying::crying: me toooo

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

Hi Yardies! Hope everyone is good today.

I have an opinion question? For your engagement ring did/do you want a real diamond or would you be happy with an imitation?

IMO..... I am such a penny pincher I'd rather put that hard earned $$$ into our home instead of a diamond. Its what the ring symbolizes anyways right?

I'm the same way, would rather spend it on something useful than bling. I would just like a simple silver band.

Good morning everyone

Ells congrats on the NOA :yes:

I pray you all have a blessed day. I just finished my HR Mgmt class with an A baby :dance: now on to Financial Analysis :crying:

Thanks EVERYONE for the congrats! But congrats to you Jonesie on the A....great job!

I think I know. Sus sends me over there from time to time.

Yup, same place

It is n****l.com right?

Andre's friend told him I was going to chop him up, cook him, and eat him once he got here. At one point, when I was really mad at that guy, I wanted to send him a box of some sort of animal bones, just for the hell of it. If I wasn't afraid the FBI would be at my door, I would've.

:lol: You SHOULD'VE!

Island, thanks for asking about how I am enjoying my time here in Ja with my husband. Evevrything has been great, he is still the same person I fell in love with here in the US. I have enjoyed spending time with his friends and family which has given me a better prespective on his younger days. I have heard stories about his time spent in school, and his childhood days that only his community and family would know about.

Tomorrow is my B-day, so we will be having my B-day party. Joe and his friends have taken over this event, so now I don't know what kind of party it might turn into.

So nice you're having a good time there with your hubby! And Happy Birthday a day early! (F)

Good Morning ladies! Not a good day today.

Sorry you aren't having a good day so far....hope it gets better! Are you feeling pain?

Timeline

Me three :angry:

Timeline

Okay, one more since I finally caught up and I won't be quote crazy no more (no wan Kimmy fi lick me!)....

So true. I don't ever crave American food while in Jamaica...but I do get tired of chicken (not a big fan of it anyway)...so as long as I can get fresh fish (steamed/fried/grilled), lobster and veggies I am good to go.

Jawi, that's funny. All my cousins want to eat is American food while I'm there and I'm like hell NO! When we were in Kingston they went to Fridays, Marcel and I left and went to a Jamaican restaurant not too far from there.

Why in the world would you want to eat only American food in JA? :blink: I don't even want to eat American food here in the states :P

I'm same way, I can have American food when I'm home (and rarely do even here) so in JA I only want local food. Okay, one exception...pizza! But I want LOBSTER pizza because we have nothing like that here.

Back in the day I would have 1 patty, 1 cocobread and 1 pineapple box drink (just a little frozen). Ahhhhhhhh (memories)

That is the PERFECT lunch!!

I am praying so hard for a January date!

I'm praying for you too Shrewdie!

Okay. Everyone is looking at me like I'm NUTS! because I heated up my fish (HEAD) and all. Can't wait until tomorrow, I have brownstew chicken feet for them. You'd think they would be use to it by now, I've been here 11 years.

:lol: You'd think!

i would give anything for a patty right now, a piece of chicken from Juici's and a pepsi, that doesnt taste like pepsi.

shoot did i tell yall i bought bun and cheese when i was there and was all set to eat it and why did it have the biggest mold on it this side of the united states, i was like phock it, no bun and cheese for me, maybe we will try it next time.

wah mek u nevah bruck aff di piece weh ave di mold pon it and nyam di rest. It naw guh kill u. :rofl:

:rofl: A woman after my own heart! Mi nah waste nothin!

Timeline
Does anyone subscribe to the Jamaican Eats Magazine. It's great and I love it! They do contest from time to time. I think Jomogirl won something before. Check it out: http://jamaicaneats.com/home/home.html

I just saw that in your Santa Answers - That's a great magazine, I ordered myself a subscription!

Me too! I need all the help I can get.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

My hubby can be so sweet at times. Thanksgiving is super special for us because Damien arrived here on Thanksgiving night 4 years ago. I planned to put a love letter in his luggage for him to read in JA when he unpacked.

He just called a few mintues to ask me - what is today? I said Tuesday. He said - sweetie, it's the 25th, it was 4 years today my dreams came true...starting our lives together in the same country under the same roof :wub:He said other things I can't repeat :devil:

:rofl::rofl:

Filed: Timeline

He just called a few mintues to ask me - what is today? I said Tuesday. He said - sweetie, it's the 25th, it was 4 years today my dreams came true...starting our lives together in the same country under the same roof :wub:He said other things I can't repeat :devil:

:rofl::rofl:

Mi wah know...mi wah know :rofl:

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
It is n****l.com right?

That's the one!

Me three :angry:

Okay, what did I miss - Who called deh internet police?

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

He just called a few mintues to ask me - what is today? I said Tuesday. He said - sweetie, it's the 25th, it was 4 years today my dreams came true...starting our lives together in the same country under the same roof :wub: He said other things I can't repeat :devil:

That's so sweet!!! :crying:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.