SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and farrin (part 10)

5,134 posts in this topic

Thanks Jakewife, I needed to know this because my Hubby who keeps telling me pay the 50, probably was trying to get his locks done on my tab. Ha Ha..

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Yaad, it might be that I'm getting a little home sick, since the Thanksgiving holiday is coming up. I do miss my family, so it probably a little of both.

Yes, Jawi, I have eaten enough jerk chicken to last a life time. I love the fish, but I like to eat different kinds of seafood, so I'm kind of tired to the same thing. Don't get me wrong, I love eating JA food, but I want variety. Even in the states I eat many a different kinds of food, Indian, Korean, Africian, Chienese, Italian, American, etc. So it maybe that I want something different now. Who knows..

I'm not big on different foods, so I guess that's why it's not a huge problem to eat the same things in Jamaica. I can eat callaloo, ackee, okra, cabbage, fish every single day...no problem. Chicken I will only do once or twice...then I start clucking.

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Yaad, it might be that I'm getting a little home sick, since the Thanksgiving holiday is coming up. I do miss my family, so it probably a little of both.

Yes, Jawi, I have eaten enough jerk chicken to last a life time. I love the fish, but I like to eat different kinds of seafood, so I'm kind of tired to the same thing. Don't get me wrong, I love eating JA food, but I want variety. Even in the states I eat many a different kinds of food, Indian, Korean, Africian, Chienese, Italian, American, etc. So it maybe that I want something different now. Who knows..

It wasn't directed at you :P I was meaning Lawnys cousins who only want to eat American food. I can understand wanting to get your "fix" of american food. It would be hard to miss Thanksgiving. The JA food can lack a certain amount of variety. I remember going on a curry chicken strike...I refused to eat any more for a whole week. Then we killed a bunch of chickens for a convention and all we got to eat was chicken livers...I was off that curry chicken strike in a heartbeat :lol: Chicken liver is ok but not for breakfast, lunch and dinner day after day :wacko:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Rox, the Fridays is on Hope Road and East Kings house corner, right by the stop light.

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

Timeline
manya,

Hang in there. I'm here if you need me. Maybe we can go shopping while D's gone and I'll leave Ray at home. lol I hope you guy's get to make it tomorrow night.

Jawi, I hope you feel better sexy Ida...

LOL...why IDA?

Thanks Sus. I'm hoping it eases up today.

Ok, sexy ooman....

LOL...that was my conservative look. :devil:

0insijou.png

~AOS Timeline~

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
rox take it from me if you tip this person more than $10 bucks you have raised the bar. $25 U.S is equivlent to approx $1900 J.A and that is more than enough for a hair do. she will be very ok with and extra $5. besides i repeat u r not obligated.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm definitely not rolling in $$, but I don't want to be seen as the cheap African American woman either. LOL

i understand but if you behave like the give away queen well the expectations will be raised and u better meet them or else what u fear will come true. so be real from the get go don't give too much to look good and don't patronize with pennies. cut it close to the vest and do what u feel is reasonable. that varies with everbody and their pocket book.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Does anyone subscribe to the Jamaican Eats Magazine. It's great and I love it! They do contest from time to time. I think Jomogirl won something before. Check it out: http://jamaicaneats.com/home/home.html

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Jawi, there are some bad area in Kingston, and there are some good areas. To me it's just like any other big city, DC, NY BTL, ATL, DET, LA. There are gated communties in Kingston, and then there are the real bad areas. I find that most people tend to stay in their own communties, we went to a dinner party last week of someone who lives in the community they call Hollywood, that's not the JA name. Then community was like any other community.

But I wouldn't travel to Trev Gardens either.

Timeline
rox take it from me if you tip this person more than $10 bucks you have raised the bar. $25 U.S is equivlent to approx $1900 J.A and that is more than enough for a hair do. she will be very ok with and extra $5. besides i repeat u r not obligated.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm definitely not rolling in $$, but I don't want to be seen as the cheap African American woman either. LOL

i understand but if you behave like the give away queen well the expectations will be raised and u better meet them or else what u fear will come true. so be real from the get go don't give too much to look good and don't patronize with pennies. cut it close to the vest and do what u feel is reasonable. that varies with everbody and their pocket book.

Cool. I will keep that in mind. I really appreciate the advice. You are mad cool Jakeswife. Tonks. :thumbs::yes:

0insijou.png

~AOS Timeline~

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Cool. I will keep that in mind. I really appreciate the advice. You are mad cool Jakeswife. Tonks. :thumbs::yes:

you are cool too jawi

Rox, the Fridays is on Hope Road and East Kings house corner, right by the stop light.

Thanks Portland, since there is no GPS system in JA, and Joel claims he don't know every street in Kingston, he will have to call his mobile GPS, by calling 15 friends to find out where this place is. All jokes aside, one of his friends is a taxi driver, so I know he will be able to take us right to it.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Does anyone subscribe to the Jamaican Eats Magazine. It's great and I love it! They do contest from time to time. I think Jomogirl won something before. Check it out: http://jamaicaneats.com/home/home.html

I just saw that in your Santa Answers - That's a great magazine, I ordered myself a subscription!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
Jawi, there are some bad area in Kingston, and there are some good areas. To me it's just like any other big city, DC, NY BTL, ATL, DET, LA. There are gated communties in Kingston, and then there are the real bad areas. I find that most people tend to stay in their own communties, we went to a dinner party last week of someone who lives in the community they call Hollywood, that's not the JA name. Then community was like any other community.

But I wouldn't travel to Trev Gardens either.

Oh trust me. I don't take that for granted either. I grew up in the "hood" in Atlanta, so I definitely have my wits about me. I just can't get anyone to show me any parts of Kingston...even the good parts. I know that A doesn't know much about it, so he wouldn't be the best tour guide...but he is my man so you know...that was a natural to ask him. LOL

0insijou.png

~AOS Timeline~

Filed: Timeline

It wasn't directed at you :P I was meaning Lawnys cousins who only want to eat American food. I can understand wanting to get your "fix" of american food. It would be hard to miss Thanksgiving. The JA food can lack a certain amount of variety. I remember going on a curry chicken strike...I refused to eat any more for a whole week. Then we killed a bunch of chickens for a convention and all we got to eat was chicken livers...I was off that curry chicken strike in a heartbeat :lol: Chicken liver is ok but not for breakfast, lunch and dinner day after day :wacko:

Yards a show aff dem a show aff. One day they wantet to go to Ginos (KFC) and I had to cuss them out. They also love Chinese food. I get enough of that in the states. There is a place in Kingston called the "Real Yardman"...I love his food. Just thinking about it makes my mouth water.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Very cool magazine :D Only 4 issues a year though? That isn't nearly enough!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.