SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and farrin (part 10)

5,134 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Classy i looovee me some Tacori girl...i just flip thru books to fatten mi yeye dem

Add me to the lovin' Tacori list. I will never have one but a girl can dream. As for the engagement ring question...I don't care if it's fake or not...just don't turn my finger green :P

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Being here in JA, is great but you do miss some of the foods and drinks that you are used to eating and drinking at home everyday. So, today we are going to go into New Kingston to one of the Hotels and I am going to get an American meal. If I could find a starbucks I would be happy too, but I know no such luck, so I will just settle with an American cheesebuger or pizza. If they have italian I would settle for that aswell.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Morning ladies! Not a good day today. Thanks for all the wonderful compliments. Jakeswife, cheer up...husband soon come. Do you have any family in the States? Glad to see you around Honey. Happy birthday Foxy Roxcie. I think I have forgotten some things, sorry.

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Island, thanks for asking about how I am enjoying my time here in Ja with my husband. Evevrything has been great, he is still the same person I fell in love with here in the US. I have enjoyed spending time with his friends and family which has given me a better prespective on his younger days. I have heard stories about his time spent in school, and his childhood days that only his community and family would know about.

Tomorrow is my B-day, so we will be having my B-day party. Joe and his friends have taken over this event, so now I don't know what kind of party it might turn into.

Yesterday, I taught my first computer class, and it went very well. The class was full and there were alots of questions asked. I am only doing introduction classes, and hoping that this will given them some insight as to what they might want to learn or train for. Yes, alot of this will be very basic, but I have learned that sometimes it basic that is needed. The kids and I baked cupcakes yesterday, they had a good time doing that with me. We celebrated everyones B-day that is in November with a cupcake. Alot of Joel neices and nephews B-days are in November.

SunnyRay, how is the weather in Maryland? Brycie is back in Maryland, so I was wondering if she needed a heavy coat. I will probably tell my brother to go to the house and get her other jacket.

It's cold Rox. I wish Ray and I could go to Jamaica. Ugh! Happy Birthday in case you don't get on tomorrow. Enjoy!

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Being here in JA, is great but you do miss some of the foods and drinks that you are used to eating and drinking at home everyday. So, today we are going to go into New Kingston to one of the Hotels and I am going to get an American meal. If I could find a starbucks I would be happy too, but I know no such luck, so I will just settle with an American cheesebuger or pizza. If they have italian I would settle for that aswell.

you can take someone out of the states but you can't take the states out of someone. :whistle:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I'm so emotional today for various reasons. Damien is leaving Thursday morningg to attend the funeral in JA :crying: he didn't want to go but I thought it was best.

Awww (((HUGS))) (F)

I pray you all have a blessed day. I just finished my HR Mgmt class with an A baby :dance: now on to Financial Analysis :crying:

Congrats on the A :dance: Financial Analysis?! Doan bodda ask mi fi help :blush:

Edited by Yaads

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good Morning ladies! Not a good day today. Thanks for all the wonderful compliments. Jakeswife, cheer up...husband soon come. Do you have any family in the States? Glad to see you around Honey. Happy birthday Foxy Roxcie. I think I have forgotten some things, sorry.

Sorry to hear you are having a bad day, Jawi -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

manya,

Hang in there. I'm here if you need me. Maybe we can go shopping while D's gone and I'll leave Ray at home. lol I hope you guy's get to make it tomorrow night.

Jawi, I hope you feel better sexy Ida...

Edited by *SunRay*

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline
manya,

Hang in there. I'm here if you need me. Maybe we can go shopping while D's gone and I'll leave Ray at home. lol I hope you guy's get to make it tomorrow night.

LOL...why IDA?

Thanks Sus. I'm hoping it eases up today.

0insijou.png

~AOS Timeline~

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Filed: Timeline
manya,

I'm telling...well, ummmmm I'll drop Marcel off and we can all go shopping.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

you can take someone out of the states but you can't take the states out of someone. :whistle:

Jakeswife you are soo right, Joe's mother is a wonderful cook, and she has offered to try to cook me an American dish, but I just need one fix, a cheesebuger, pizza or starbuck, then I could hang for another month. Ha Ha.

But on a serious note, Jope's beautician has offered to do my hair for me and I am fine with that, but I don't want to offend her, by not payong her a fair price. In the states I pay around 45-50 US dollars for a wash and set, Joe says I shouldn't pay her that much. Now he has given me all kinds of crazy reasons, but I don't want it to seem like I am flashing money, and I want to pay fairly for a good hair-do. Question, do you'll tip your beautician? My SIL has said 50 is too much too, and I shouldn't give her that much, she is only asking me for 25. I don't want to offend anyone.

Timeline

So true. I don't ever crave American food while in Jamaica...but I do get tired of chicken (not a big fan of it anyway)...so as long as I can get fresh fish (steamed/fried/grilled), lobster and veggies I am good to go.

0insijou.png

~AOS Timeline~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.