Mahr - What Determines Worth?

414 posts in this topic

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Mahr is essentially alimony paid upfront.....

Again, if I only got $10,000 in alimony I'd be pizzed! :innocent:

:devil: You ladies are "quackin' me up!" I don't need alimony...I'm the quiet revengful type. :whistle::idea::diablo::girlwerewolf2xn::devil:

"van Helsing.... Your reputation precedes you...." :devil:

#######. wrong thread. :jest:

NAWAL! :lol:

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

:devil: You ladies are "quackin' me up!" I don't need alimony...I'm the quiet revengful type. :whistle::idea::diablo::girlwerewolf2xn::devil:

"van Helsing.... Your reputation precedes you...." :devil:

#######. wrong thread.:jest:

:thumbs::devil:

:lol:

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

But alimony is not figured by how much you think you are worth...it figured according to the lifestyle you lived during marriage. If you were married to a millionaire you would obviously get alot more per month than if you were married to an average citizen. Mahr pretty much works the same way.

Some may take as an insult if they are not offered a what they feel would be a large amount but you have to consider if that amount is considered large to the family paying it.

Alimony in advance? I don't want it then.....I want to stay married forever. :wub: Besides, if we did get a divorce a mere $10,000.00 Will never do. That could only get me by for such a short time here in the USA.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
just felt like adding this: (goes along with what Jenn said)

I don't care if anyone has a mahr or not. But is it necessary to brag about how much you got? IMO I think thats private info that I wouldn't share with a public message board. :whistling:

me too!

:pop:

Can u share some of that leyla?

Of course I have Munchos, Popcorn, Coke (diet Coke) Hummus, Pita Bread and of course Moroccan Mint tea. Please help yourself :)

12531741_bodyshot_300x400.gif6783001_bodyshot_300x400.gif

th_Photo234.jpgth_n12419841_46691023_7582.jpgth_n12419841_46531579_2583.jpgth_n12419841_45773452_4168.jpg

th_l_c84498a71b1eeba4d00cd9963dd0a85a.gif

kb7wan37jt.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I don't care if anyone has a mahr or not. But is it necessary to brag about how much you got? IMO I think thats private info that I wouldn't share with a public message board. :whistling:

me too!

Of course I have Munchos, Popcorn, Coke (diet Coke) Hummus, Pita Bread and of course Moroccan Mint tea. Please help yourself :)

That's *Coca Light*

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Sorry, I forgot to select quote Narina, but is your origins somewhere in Turkey?

Another question. The value is placed on beauty, but what about a womans virginity? I hear this is of the highest value from the MENA group.

Yes, and do the in-laws have the right to inspect the merchandise?

That's where the presentation of the bloody sheet comes in! ;) I always wondered though, couldn't the girl always carry a vile of cow's blood just in case she doesn't bleed when he pops da cherry?

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Timeline

me too!

That's *Coca Light*

I think that is so weird! I went on a trip a few summers ago to London, Paris and Rome and found out it's Coca Light. They said they tried marketing DIET Coke but people were offended and would not buy it because they were like: I DON'T NEED TO BE ON A DIET! So they started calling it Coca Light and all of a sudden sales went through the roof!

Whatever... haha :) Ooohh!! I also have TAB hahahahahahaha!! :jest:

Sorry, I forgot to select quote Narina, but is your origins somewhere in Turkey?

Another question. The value is placed on beauty, but what about a womans virginity? I hear this is of the highest value from the MENA group.

Yes, and do the in-laws have the right to inspect the merchandise?

That's where the presentation of the bloody sheet comes in! ;) I always wondered though, couldn't the girl always carry a vile of cow's blood just in case she doesn't bleed when he pops da cherry?

Some girls' cherry pops by accident when they're little girls. What do they do then? :whistle: They're still virgins but the...... cherry isn't there anymore.

th_Photo234.jpgth_n12419841_46691023_7582.jpgth_n12419841_46531579_2583.jpgth_n12419841_45773452_4168.jpg

kb7wan37jt.png

Timeline

me too!

That's *Coca Light*

I think that is so weird! I went on a trip a few summers ago to London, Paris and Rome and found out it's Coca Light. They said they tried marketing DIET Coke but people were offended and would not buy it because they were like: I DON'T NEED TO BE ON A DIET! So they started calling it Coca Light and all of a sudden sales went through the roof!

I know a woman who still drinks Tab!!! She goes early in the am to get it from the supermarket 'cause apparently they run out of them really quickly! For me it's Coke Zero - cherry flavor all the way!

Timeline
Some girls' cherry pops by accident when they're little girls. What do they do then? :whistle: They're still virgins but the...... cherry isn't there anymore.

That''s what I mean! If I lived in that culture and my daughter was getting married you can be damn sure I'd be making her pack a vile of something red just in case! Thankfully I don't live in that culture and my daughters will not date until they are college graduates and have a nice job. (hahahaha a mom can dream can't she???)

Timeline

me too!

That's *Coca Light*

I know a woman who still drinks Tab!!! She goes early in the am to get it from the supermarket 'cause apparently they run out of them really quickly! For me it's Coke Zero - cherry flavor all the way!

I saw a girl in my Arabic class with TAB. I was like.... What?!

tab.jpg

kb7wan37jt.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

My husband told me about mahr before we got married. He also told me what was customary in his family. Then he asked me what I would like.. when i told him i was worth 50 mil he choked (TOTALLY KIDDING OF COURSE). Its not about what you are worth, its about what said family can afford and what is the norm as someon else said.

The man preparing our docs asked about it and my husband answered. the man smiled really sweetly and said(in english) you must really be in love.. then back to arabic. He told my husband that almost every foreigner he has seen gets nothing or a dollar. LOL

He thought it was great that my husband was actually acknowledging the mahr with "a foreigner"

hee

Lisa

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.