over and done

Better late than never

51 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Ok about me as some of you have asked! I am a true born texas girl but with a interesting twist. My father was from Lebanon and my mom is 100% pure Choctaw Indian. I do not speak Arabic but I know a bit. I was not born Muslim as my father was Orthodox. I was raised Catholic

I started this journey when I met my husband online in a chat program back on November of 2006. He is from Damanhour/Alex Egypt. Big red flags went off in my head and all I heard from my friends was that he must need you for a green card and people that look for mates online are a bunch of losers. I am not one to listen to others lol so I went to Egypt April 2007 for 1 month and met Kariem and his wonderful family. They welcomed me with open arms and the minute I saw them I knew I was at that very moment a member of the family. We had a engagement party with friends and family. Then my X popped back into the picture and being the self destructive girl I was at the time went back to him for a short time. Lots of tears and pain, Kariem and I found our way back together again. I went back to Egypt in September of 2007 for one month. I am horrible with keeping up with dates as some of you gals do but I filed for K1 in July 2007 and he came here May 2008 and we are in AOS.

We have a great life together and I love him with everything I have inside of me. He is my special angel and I have never met anyone so kind and good in my whole life. Sometimes I pinch myself to make sure its real that this is my life now.

For sure life is not all butter fly kisses but its dang near! Before he came here I broke it down that life here is not easy as you have been told. We all work extremely hard for what we want and get out of life blam blam blam. I think I painted it a bit dark, I actually scared him and he told me just last week, homara (his pet name for me) we live like we are rock stars. I was like huh? He said yes I thought I would be living in a so bad place and not have anything we have it all! You and Me! That just melted my heart. He has been extremely lucky. He got to work right from the start in his field. I have a friend from Palestine that gave him an apprenticeship at his company. Not only has this helped with him not getting bored but he has met so many different types people but he get to go to the mosque every Friday since his boss is Muslim!

This is reader digest version about me and Kariem. I will start posting and joining in with you girls and Charles! I am really busy at work today so it may be tomorrow before I really join in the party!

My dad was born in Oklahoma, raised in texas and we are Choctaw! Wonder if were are related!

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hay Olivia .... I was considering doing a revisit of HAC take II :innocent: honestly but was thinking more of the HACcouples like Half Arab Couples... but perhaps we all like the anonimity (gosh i hate spelling) of it all??

Where here or Expats?

Welcome, it is good to have another MENA member around. I think I was lurking on here for about 6 to 8 months before I finally joined myself.

I wish you the best of luck in your journey :)

lol... i know it may be hard to believe but I jumped in the day i joined :yes: was i the only one???

I did that too! My Husband showed me the sight and I signed up a few seconds later. :lol:

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Ok about me as some of you have asked! I am a true born texas girl but with a interesting twist. My father was from Lebanon and my mom is 100% pure Choctaw Indian. I do not speak Arabic but I know a bit. I was not born Muslim as my father was Orthodox. I was raised Catholic

I started this journey when I met my husband online in a chat program back on November of 2006. He is from Damanhour/Alex Egypt. Big red flags went off in my head and all I heard from my friends was that he must need you for a green card and people that look for mates online are a bunch of losers. I am not one to listen to others lol so I went to Egypt April 2007 for 1 month and met Kariem and his wonderful family. They welcomed me with open arms and the minute I saw them I knew I was at that very moment a member of the family. We had a engagement party with friends and family. Then my X popped back into the picture and being the self destructive girl I was at the time went back to him for a short time. Lots of tears and pain, Kariem and I found our way back together again. I went back to Egypt in September of 2007 for one month. I am horrible with keeping up with dates as some of you gals do but I filed for K1 in July 2007 and he came here May 2008 and we are in AOS.

We have a great life together and I love him with everything I have inside of me. He is my special angel and I have never met anyone so kind and good in my whole life. Sometimes I pinch myself to make sure its real that this is my life now.

For sure life is not all butter fly kisses but its dang near! Before he came here I broke it down that life here is not easy as you have been told. We all work extremely hard for what we want and get out of life blam blam blam. I think I painted it a bit dark, I actually scared him and he told me just last week, homara (his pet name for me) we live like we are rock stars. I was like huh? He said yes I thought I would be living in a so bad place and not have anything we have it all! You and Me! That just melted my heart. He has been extremely lucky. He got to work right from the start in his field. I have a friend from Palestine that gave him an apprenticeship at his company. Not only has this helped with him not getting bored but he has met so many different types people but he get to go to the mosque every Friday since his boss is Muslim!

This is reader digest version about me and Kariem. I will start posting and joining in with you girls and Charles! I am really busy at work today so it may be tomorrow before I really join in the party!

Kewl story! It's awesome to have positive ones around!

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.