venusfire503

You know you're in a MENA relationship when....

173 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Well, in this topic it does no good to let Platy ruin it for you, you know.

I was just thinking about the time I was dying to go to the restroom and was going to the Cairo Airport. When we finally found the restroom outside of the airport, there was an older lady outside the "restroom hole" with the roll of toliet paper. I asked for toliet paper and she literally gave me ONE Square. I needed more than ONE Square. I paid her a pound and asked for more toliet paper and she gave me another square. Finally I paid 5pounds and grabbed the roll of paper, only to find out that when I got into the restroom hole, there was NO TOLIET, just literally a room with a hole in the ground. - That was not a good time!

Where the heck did you go to the bathroom in there???? When I went it was a normal toilet. No paper but I never saw a woman with paper for sale.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, 45 minutes with the toilet hose :rofl: Poor thing!

Heres another one...

When you wake up periodically to turn the fans back on because as soon as you're back asleep, SOMEBODY goes and turns them off again ... in 90 degree weather

When you are asked what you want for supper and inevitably it will always have something to do with olive oil, chicken washed in lemon, olives, and rice....

When the word "mfakr" no longer sounds gutter minded and "gdam" no longer sounds blasphemous!

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
The thought was a cute idea and fun for (most) all becasue we can see ourselves in some of the thoughts...so dont use it to focus on one persons unfortunate situation. Every culture and location will have some little things that stand out amont its people, its fun to compare, dont use it as a sounding board for woe and misery we all know bad happens everywhere.

Wow i didnt go back far enough to read someone called someone JA thats uncalled for some people dont have a clue, come back after you been here few years and learn some manners

I think she had just been called a cow. also uncalled for.

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline
Lol, 45 minutes with the toilet hose :rofl: Poor thing!

Heres another one...

When you wake up periodically to turn the fans back on because as soon as you're back asleep, SOMEBODY goes and turns them off again ... in 90 degree weather

When you are asked what you want for supper and inevitably it will always have something to do with olive oil, chicken washed in lemon, olives, and rice....

When the word "mfakr" no longer sounds gutter minded and "gdam" no longer sounds blasphemous!

Amal, our husbands must be kin!!! :rofl:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

mmmm here is one i wonder if anyone can relate to........when u are packing to go to ur guys country u make sure that u pack two large bags of baby wipes so that u can wash when there is no electric for water and u take ur own brand of soap cuz u know u wont find it there and u take ur own wash cloth and towel as well?

Edited by estadia

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

One learns very fast about "toilet issues" !! Just treasure all your memories as you look

back and laugh and think....OHHHH I really did that or I really did this. The name of the

game is improvise!!

In Egypt when you order pizza (don't know why i'm hooked on the pizza "issue") they give

you little packets of ketchup. Yep, you squeeze those little suckers on top of your pizza!

Ohhh how I loved Egypt! (L)

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Filed: Timeline
Platypus,you are correct about some things but it is kind of unkind to come on a board u arent involved in and be critical and voyeuristic.Why laugh at vulnerability? last time I checked, being in love with ANYONE can make you stupid

I would never laugh at you.

You have suffered through some truly horrific things lately. Things most of the other people in MENA can't even imagine - or don't want to.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Timeline

You know the toilet was a big issue for me. Once at Starbucks in Alexandria, Egypt I got blown off of the toilet by the flusher thing. It was an instant douche! I ran across the bathroom and that thing was still blowing wildly and as hard as it could out of the toilet. I used all of the towels to clean up the floor came out soaken and my husband just stared with wild eyes like ####### just happened?? I said excuse me, I didn't expect the the water to squirt out like a firehose. We laughed so hard we had to leave. I was a mess and everybody was staring.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
You know the toilet was a big issue for me. Once at Starbucks in Alexandria, Egypt I got blown off of the toilet by the flusher thing. It was an instant douche! I ran across the bathroom and that thing was still blowing wildly and as hard as it could out of the toilet. I used all of the towels to clean up the floor came out soaken and my husband just stared with wild eyes like ####### just happened?? I said excuse me, I didn't expect the the water to squirt out like a firehose. We laughed so hard we had to leave. I was a mess and everybody was staring.

Was that at the new Starbucks in Carrefour?

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline
mmmm here is one i wonder if anyone can relate to........when u are packing to go to ur guys country u make sure that u pack two large bags of baby wipes so that u can wash when there is no electric for water and u take ur own brand of soap cuz u know u wont find it there and u take ur own wash cloth and towel as well?

Yes - plus a big flashlight because the streets are poorly paved and lit at night(even for the normally sighted, dangerous for someone with bad eyesight like me), also because of the power cuts. Now I bring a trekking pole with a nifty LED light - keeps the dogs and monkeys away.

I like the herbal soap and it is vegetarian so I buy it there, but as has been discussed just like in MENA deodorant is a foreign concept so gotta bring it. I think when hubby comes we will be having the same discussion - hope he will not be offended.

A washcloth is a necessity because if you splash water in your face and swallow it you can get sick. I bring my own towel because I found out they are actually cheaper here than at the bazaars. Last time I left it with Govi - one more thing to remember me by. ;)

Edited by Pattu Rani

thkirby-1.gifpetblink46.gif
BuddhaEyesGlobe.gif1433707c1j51myzp6.gif

Timeline

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: oh my gosh to funny thank you i needed that this morning lol

Timeline

Honestly, I have no idea which area it was. I know it was across the road from the sea. It was huge upstairs and all very trendy. Lots of area outside you could sit at under the umbrella table. I never have seen so many people at a coffee shop in my life. It was so much nicer than the ones here.

You know it sat on a corner....not too far from the big library.

Timeline

Yes - plus a big flashlight because the streets are poorly paved and lit at night(even for the normally sighted, dangerous for someone with bad eyesight like me), also because of the power cuts. Now I bring a trekking pole with a nifty LED light - keeps the dogs and monkeys away.

I like the herbal soap and it is vegetarian so I buy it there, but as has been discussed just like in MENA deodorant is a foreign concept so gotta bring it. I think when hubby comes we will be having the same discussion - hope he will not be offended.

A washcloth is a necessity because if you spalsh water in your face and swallow it you can get sick. I bring my own towel because I found out they are actually cheaper here than at the bazaars. Last time I left it with Govi - one more thing to remember me by.

oh yes i had forgotten about the flash light last time we went to see perviz in kashmir we took a flash light......they have a out side bathroom that is totally functional....but with no lights going down the stairs and trying to get out the door turns into a very wild experience with out lighting lol

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Not sure if anyone said these but....

The preferred TP is pink,

and it doesn't go in the toilet but in a can near the toilet

When you order a drink with ice you would think you ordered a drink with gold... and maybe get two cubes

coffee with cream is a "special"

and barbar shops are only for men.

hehe some of these you guys said had me LMAO!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.