venusfire503

You know you're in a MENA relationship when....

173 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
You get excited when you see someone wearing hijab and speaking that not so familiar language

You get excited every time you see something written in arabic (L)

You start saying things like assalamo alaykom, alhamdulillah, and ensha'allah----and you haven't converted to Islam

You enjoy music you dont understand so you go to search the lyrics ;)

:yes::yes::yes: I miss my husband :huh:

You are not alone sweetie-- We're all here for ya! :thumbs: We are all missing our habibis!!! Those men- what they do to our lives!--- Its the most fantastic thing! I love my Jordanain husband-- InshAllah, we will be with them soon!!!!

April 29, 2008-met Amin- the man of my dreams&love of my life! May 29,2008- flew to Jordan June 1, 2008-started the long CRAZY process of standing in line, waiting for stamps, and being sent from one office to another only to pay another fee and find another line! June 3,2008-The HAPPIEST DAY OF MY LIFE! June 11, 2008- Returned home,started paperwork.June 30, 2008-Sent off I-130 pkt to Chicago.July 3, 2008-I-130 pkt received, fwd to CSC.August 4, 2008-NOA #1 August 11, 2008-Sent in I-129F pkt to CSC.August 18, 2008-NOA#2*APPROVED*September 4, 2008-NVC printed AOS instructions-(mailed Sept. 8) September 13, 2008-Rec'd AOS Bill in the mail.[/i] September 15, 2008-Used online payment option.-October 14, 2008-Sent off AOS packet with joint sponsor info.-rec'd@NVC Oct 15. October 30,2008-Got RFENovember 12, 2008-Priority to NVC,BIOGRAPH/Certs!Here we go![/b]November 19,2008RFE!#######!-overnite Nov 25-3 December, 2008-CASE COMPLETE NVC!INTERVIEW FEB 18TH-Approved!!!February 28,2009 HUBBY ARRIVED ON SATURDAY FEBRUARY 28TH, 2009---LIFE HAS JUST BEGUN!!!!ALHAMDULALLAH!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

My husband hasn't come here yet, but when he first arrived in Jordan there was a funny experience. He went to Hardees and asked them if they had burgers, lol. They looked at him like he was crazy and said that is the main thing they serve. My husband didn't want to look silly so then he said that he meant what is the good burger to order there. Anyway, it wasn't his fault that he had never seen a hardees before or knew what they serve, but I still find the story funny. Asking if there are any hamburgers at Hardees, lol.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

when you start to say habibi ,shokren,salam........

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Ohhh I have plenty...

When Kleenex becomes a multi use item, no longer just for blowing noses....also good for wiping hands during meals, drying hands, drying dishes, cleaning up messes, etc etc.

(also you know youre IN MENA when you don't get napkins at a restraunt...just a bx of kleenexes)

When you find yourself saying "open" or "close the light" instead of turn it off or on

When your child speaks Arabish...not Arabic, not English

When your child speaks English with a funny accent (and when you, yourself start talking with a funny accent)

You have to swear on your life to strangers that yes, you are indeed an American...yes, for real an American, and so were your ancestors.

Your husband pees sitting down (yes, I did just go there)

Your husband takes at least 3 showers a day

Your husband spends at least 1 hour using the bathroom, to ensure propper washing after the fact

At a family meal, your kids don't argue over who get's desert, but who gets to eat the tounge of the lamb (yep...that's how it is in our house!)

You don't yell at your children to stop eating with their hands...you encourage it!

You find yourself eating dinners on the living room floor, on top of a sheet or news paper if you're in a jiff:)

Ok...I could go on for years, but I'll leave it at that ladies!

Filed: Timeline
Instead of saying "I love you very much" they say "I love you too much"...then you start saying "I love you too much" too...LOL

Instead of cable, you got a big ol satellite TV dish on your roof or balcony so you can get the arabic tv stations

You no longer wear any gold that is below 21K

when your child dies and you are told you cant stand next to the gravesite during the funeral

when you cry and about 200 people tell you its gods will and you have 3 days to cry and you better get over it because you are upsetting people

when you put flowers on the grave and a bunch of complete strangers from pakistan and syria and morocco yell at your husband to get the flowers off the grave...its harammmmmmmmm

when your passport, the greencard you offer becomes a topic of conversation with his family as to why he should stay with you...not love for you....at least get your papers out of her habibi

Ok this is the flipside to the water on the toilet and cute anecdotes..

I am sorry. I am bitter

i was going to say the kleenex one too. i remember carrying them to the bathroom with me. the hose just was too freaky for me.

Oh, don't get me wrong...I love the accessibility to running water in each stall here in the ME...it's the lack of toilet paper to dry off with that really get's my panties in a bunch (literally!). Always always always, make sure to carry your own kleenex ladies!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
See? Y'all are smart. You realize that my post is only offensive if it applies to you. It obviously doesn't, so there's no yelling and screaming. Let's wait around for some of those whom it DOES apply to though, shall we?

See, now you've shot yourself in the foot as no one will dare admit to any of those. :P

And, yes, everyone, Platy is just trying to start trouble! Bad Platy! :bonk:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Ohhh I have plenty...

When Kleenex becomes a multi use item, no longer just for blowing noses....also good for wiping hands during meals, drying hands, drying dishes, cleaning up messes, etc etc.

(also you know youre IN MENA when you don't get napkins at a restraunt...just a bx of kleenexes)

When you find yourself saying "open" or "close the light" instead of turn it off or on

When your child speaks Arabish...not Arabic, not English

When your child speaks English with a funny accent (and when you, yourself start talking with a funny accent)

You have to swear on your life to strangers that yes, you are indeed an American...yes, for real an American, and so were your ancestors.

Your husband pees sitting down (yes, I did just go there)

Your husband takes at least 3 showers a day

Your husband spends at least 1 hour using the bathroom, to ensure propper washing after the fact

At a family meal, your kids don't argue over who get's desert, but who gets to eat the tounge of the lamb (yep...that's how it is in our house!)

You don't yell at your children to stop eating with their hands...you encourage it!

You find yourself eating dinners on the living room floor, on top of a sheet or news paper if you're in a jiff:)

Ok...I could go on for years, but I'll leave it at that ladies!

Yes, I agree sitting down to pee and trying to convince everybody else that only animals stand up to do it!!! I will say I never see pee on the toilet!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

we wants to tell you something AT your ear not IN

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline
when your child dies and you are told you cant stand next to the gravesite during the funeral

when you cry and about 200 people tell you its gods will and you have 3 days to cry and you better get over it because you are upsetting people

when you put flowers on the grave and a bunch of complete strangers from pakistan and syria and morocco yell at your husband to get the flowers off the grave...its harammmmmmmmm

when your passport, the greencard you offer becomes a topic of conversation with his family as to why he should stay with you...not love for you....at least get your papers out of her habibi

I been thinking about you, sounds like he is still in the house. I hope things will get better for you, I am so evil, I would have all my bad boys over at my house, and believe me these guys are scary bad ### men, and I promise you, your husband would wet his pants. Hang in there, and don't take his ####### girl, you have taken way too much of his nonsense, it is your turn, put him in his place, a man who acts like a gay queen. I use the word gay knowing a lot of these men try to be macho, when really they look a little #######. I bet he would freak if someone said he looked a little gay, lol I would do it if I was around your town. lol Once again sorry about this, but I start thinking of all the things he has done to you and I want a little time to pay him back for all those wonderful things he has done.

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

When i am referred to "my" your name. When i tried to correct him he asked if i considered myself separate from him , of course not so now i just overlook it. LOL

OurTimeline

11/18/2007--------I-129F Petition mailed to CSC

11/29/2007--------NOA1

04/02/2008 --------NOA2 Approved (On my B-Day)

05/08/2008---------Forwarded to ISL

05/12/2008---------Consulate Received

05/22/2008---------Packet 3.5 Received by my Fiance

06/06/2008---------Packet 3.5 Returned to Embassy

06/19/2008---------Recieved Packet 4

06/25/2008---------Medical

07/08/2008---------Interview

03/06/2009---------Visa in Hand

03/23/2009---------POE Chicago

03/24/2009---------Marriage

08/05/2009---------GC in Mail

09/13/2009---------First Job in US

Naturalization

01/28/15------------mailed packet to USIS

02/06/15-------------NOA

02/27/15-------------Biometrics Appt.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
You know you're in a MENA relationship when:

1. You suddenly convert to a religion you've only heard of a couple of times.

2. You try to use words from your SOs language, but - being a stupid American - you pronounce them completely wrong and sound more as retarded than as you really are.

3. Things that made your American boyfriends disgusting, slobs, vile, etc are perfectly acceptable and considered "cute" now with your MENA fiance.

4. You suddenly decide that living in a desert with no sanitation services, buying meat covered with flies, and living in a culture completely different from your own sounds like a swell idea.

You know you're NOT in a MENA relationship when you're an ignorant American man that is bitter because an American girl picked a MENA man over him...and he had to go to Asia or Russia and buy himself a wife!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

2. You try to use words from your SOs language, but - being a stupid American - you pronounce them completely wrong and sound more as retarded than as you really are.

3. Things that made your American boyfriends disgusting, slobs, vile, etc are perfectly acceptable and considered "cute" now with your MENA fiance.

4. You suddenly decide that living in a desert with no sanitation services, buying meat covered with flies, and living in a culture completely different from your own sounds like a swell idea.

You know you're NOT in a MENA relationship when you're an ignorant American man that is bitter because an American girl picked a MENA man over him...and he had to go to Asia or Russia and buy himself a wife!!!

I don't like people that stir things up and then cop out with a "I didn't really mean it"...yeah you did!

Filed: Timeline

I don't like people that stir things up and then cop out with a "I didn't really mean it"...yeah you did!

Wrong and wrong.

a) There is no way in hell I would have EVER been interested in someone like you. MENA guy was your best choice.

2) My wife is from England, and she's here on the board; ask her if I "bought" her.

c) Why is it "BUYING" a wife from Asia or Russia, but NOT buying a husband for YOU?

d) I never said that I didn't mean it. Because I do. The women in this forum that are guilty of the things I mentioned in my 4 items make me sick.

Edited by PlatyPius
Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.