Muh and me

Is the romance gone?

81 posts in this topic

I am wondering for those of us whom their SO is here if they feel the same. When my hubby and i were seperated, there was all kinds of romance. he used to send cards for holidays and birthdays. i would recieve love letters in the mail. i would even get messages on yahoo when he wasn't suppossed to be around! Since he has been here, I've gotton one card and that was the day after my birthday.

I give him cards for everything. I know the man loves me. Is it just me being petty? I told him once it would be nice if he gave me flower sometime. His response was, "If I give you flowers, that means i'm having an affair"! I was shocked he even said that! I told him men give flowers all the time just because :bonk: .

Gosh, you better hope you never get flowers :unsure:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

i got surprise flowers when i was in morocco, maybe thats a good sign. With giving of presents i really think they arent used to doing alot of this, i know his sisters birthday was yesterday and he said he had forgotten but he remembers mine and our anniversary day each month, so maybe drop few hints once in awhile

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: Other Timeline

My husband really needed to be taught these things - he had literally NO experience when we met and in his culture marriages are arranged, etc. I told him so many times that I would appreciate it if he does little things once in a while, that this is what couples do when they love each other, etc. and finally it sunk in - I think it was my brother having a 'man to man' talk with him... :lol: One morning he said close your eyes and then put a tiny statue of Ganesh in my hands, he knows I love Ganesh and in Hinduism he is the god of beginnings - he said he wanted to give me a Ganesh statue because it was the first gift he was giving me. Probably the sweetest thing he did for me though was when we were trekking he would chase butterflies and catch them very gently so I could get a better look at them since I have a hard time seeing them now, then he would release them. It will be interesting to see what he is like when he gets here.

thkirby-1.gifpetblink46.gif
BuddhaEyesGlobe.gif1433707c1j51myzp6.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

My husband is still very romantic. :wub: I may not get the cards and emails as much as I did when we were not together, but I don't think too much about it since I see him everyday. I still get an occasional sweet email and will get mushy voicemails from him almost daily. Yeah, I did love the cards and daily emails back in the day, but I'd much rather be able to roll over and hug him then to set down and read an email from him.

That's it! I'm running back upstairs to harrass my hubby! :blush:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

my EX husband gave me flowers every week, cards all the time. meanwhile he was bangin his now wife that he left me for.

My hubby now doesn't do the flowers/card thing but only because I said not to since flowers die and cards eventually (for me) go in the trash. How is he romantic then you ask?

• As soon as dinner is done he clears the table and always always asks, "would you like some tea, my love?" and promptly brings it to me.
  • I have been through two surgeries since he arrived here, God bless his soul, and he has waited on me hand and foot with each one.
  • I haven't done laundry in over three months. :luv:
  • When I come home on his days off the house is spotless.
  • At night if I go to bed before him he "tucks me in". Literally. He doesn't want my azz uncovered 'cause I"ll get nightmares! :lol:

There are many other things but these are some that just come to mind. It helps that he has two sisters who are coaching him though. I love them!!! lol

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Terrie I do think you're right. My husband was pretty romantic when we were apart, he told me all the time that when he was here he wanted to do x,y, and Z for me. Well then it was "I'm going to do that when I get my driver's license, or when I get a better job etc.etc. It makes me upset sometimes but generally I think about all the other things he does for me (I had to work for some of these things though!) like getting up to get our kids ready at 6am, making dinner when I'm super tired, cleaning the house on his days off, doing the laundry so I don't have to. For my birthday this year I told him you had better get me something!!!! He got me the face moisturizer that he knows I love but rarely buy (it's sorta expensive) and Chanel perfume that I've been lusting after! He also ordered a birthday cake for me and invited our friends over. The cutest part was him boasting (they're Moroccan friends) "You see one thing I've learned in America is that you have to have cake and ice cream..." It was so funny! The best part was that Monday night when I was teaching he and the boys made me a birthday card with my rubber stamps. It wasn't the prettiest thing but knowing he took time to sit down with the boys and do this "project" as they all call it really made my day. He had been planning it all day!

I think that if you're feeling like the romance is gone, tell him. First think about the non-gushy things and then tell him " Honey I really appreciate all the small things you do for me but it would really mean a lot to me if you were more romantic," and then give him ways he could do that.

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I think that if you're feeling like the romance is gone, tell him. First think about the non-gushy things and then tell him " Honey I really appreciate all the small things you do for me but it would really mean a lot to me if you were more romantic," and then give him ways he could do that.

I agree with this. Some people just aren't the type to do those sort of things so doing them would seem false (like me for example! :P ). But since he was able to do them when he was courting you then obviously he doesn't have that sort of objection so he should be able to compromise with you!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Screw the romance, mop the freaking floor. :P

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
I am wondering for those of us whom their SO is here if they feel the same. When my hubby and i were seperated, there was all kinds of romance. he used to send cards for holidays and birthdays. i would recieve love letters in the mail. i would even get messages on yahoo when he wasn't suppossed to be around! Since he has been here, I've gotton one card and that was the day after my birthday.

I give him cards for everything. I know the man loves me. Is it just me being petty? I told him once it would be nice if he gave me flower sometime. His response was, "If I give you flowers, that means i'm having an affair"! I was shocked he even said that! I told him men give flowers all the time just because :bonk: .

He has watched too many american movies. :lol:

If you are secure in the love he has for you, don't over think the situation. Things change when you are together vs. an ocean apart. We used to talk for hours on msn and email almost every day. But now we are together so we find different ways to express ourselves. Life is lived in stages. It doesn't remain the same from year to year. As long as you are happy, don't worry about the changes.

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Timeline

Screw the floor. Give me romance and I'll mop the floor myself. :devil::devil:

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

Timeline
My husband is still very romantic. :wub: I may not get the cards and emails as much as I did when we were not together, but I don't think too much about it since I see him everyday. I still get an occasional sweet email and will get mushy voicemails from him almost daily. Yeah, I did love the cards and daily emails back in the day, but I'd much rather be able to roll over and hug him then to set down and read an email from him.

That's it! I'm running back upstairs to harrass my hubby! :blush:

:lol::lol: Wish i could go 'harass' :devil: mine! But I am doing a week long nanny job, live in, so we are back to hours of msn each night and long phone calls. ahh the good old days. Nah, I'll take the personal touch any day over this.

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

A man mopping a floor can be very romantic. :rofl:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

you are so funny!!! I totally agree! Or else give me romance AND mop the floor. :devil:

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Depends on what he's wearing (or not) when he's mopping the floor :whistle:

:devil:

Wish-upon-a-star-1.jpg

2009-07-11 AOS packet mailed (and supposedly delivered the same day)

2009-07-15 NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765 (USCIS rec'd date is 07-12)

2009-08-05 Case transferred to CSC

2009-08-12 no biometrics yet.......called on 30 day mark to report no biometrics, a service inquiry has been made on the case.....

2009-08-25 - received Biometrics appointment letter!

2009-08-27 I-131 (AP) approved

2009-09-15 Biometrics appointment

2009-09-15 EAD Card production ordered!

2009-09-23 EAD Card received

2009-10-06 GC approved/card production ordered

2009-10-13 GC received in the mail!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.