Muh and me

Is the romance gone?

81 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I am wondering for those of us whom their SO is here if they feel the same. When my hubby and i were seperated, there was all kinds of romance. he used to send cards for holidays and birthdays. i would recieve love letters in the mail. i would even get messages on yahoo when he wasn't suppossed to be around! Since he has been here, I've gotton one card and that was the day after my birthday.

I give him cards for everything. I know the man loves me. Is it just me being petty? I told him once it would be nice if he gave me flower sometime. His response was, "If I give you flowers, that means i'm having an affair"! I was shocked he even said that! I told him men give flowers all the time just because :bonk: .

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I think it's inevitable that certain romantic things start to fall by the wayside as the honeymoon period fades (not true for everyone, of course, but it's a common generalization). It sounds like you suspect it may be more than that?

Timeline
I recall a married couple in the backseat Saturday night holding hands :whistle:

Wait a min. I'm talking about the romance that is unspoken. Like the little things they do. Not the sex, if that weren't there man his butt would be back in Morocco! :lol:

08/24/2011 Biometrics

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
I am wondering for those of us whom their SO is here if they feel the same. When my hubby and i were seperated, there was all kinds of romance. he used to send cards for holidays and birthdays. i would recieve love letters in the mail. i would even get messages on yahoo when he wasn't suppossed to be around! Since he has been here, I've gotton one card and that was the day after my birthday.

I give him cards for everything. I know the man loves me. Is it just me being petty? I told him once it would be nice if he gave me flower sometime. His response was, "If I give you flowers, that means i'm having an affair"! I was shocked he even said that! I told him men give flowers all the time just because :bonk: .

Focus on this statement and how you know that he loves you. How does he show you? Yes, there's going to be some settling down for many people. My husband and I sent the love letters and e-cards when we were apart, and now, nah. Occasional "I (L) U" text messages or notes scrawled on the white board in the kitchen, yeah, but neither of us is into much more than that now even though we're more in love than ever. There are also other ways to be romantic. He isn't the flowers type either (I never thought that it might be a cultural thing, a way to apologize -- I'll ask him about that), but he often jumps in and helps with the housework or heavy lifting or anything else I happen to be doing; that's one way he shows his thoughtfulness and love. Displays of affection aren't always textbook romantic gestures, but they can be every bit as sincere. I would keep giving him the cards, though, because that's how you like to express your love to him. Heck, give him flowers too sometime. He might like it and return the gesture. But most of all, watch for the romantic moments that aren't as flashy. I'll bet they are there.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Timeline

The romance in our relationship is still going strong, but I think it may have a lot to do w/ the individual. My husband is romantic man and 2 yrs into marriage (& him being here) I still get the voicemails saying he loves me and is thinking about me, text msgs saying the same, sometimes he'll come home w/ flowers just because and we are almost always holding hands if we are near each other. I love that about him - it's not for everyone. Thankfully, we are a good match on this matter.

For the record, I do all this stuff too. He also came home recently from visiting his family and lavished me in gifts. We also talked on the phone everyday he was gone (a month) b/c we really missed each other. He's my best friend, my partner, my love....

yeah... the romance is still here! :wub: :wub: :wub:

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

Filed: Timeline

Focus on this statement and how you know that he loves you. How does he show you? Yes, there's going to be some settling down for many people. My husband and I sent the love letters and e-cards when we were apart, and now, nah. Occasional "I (L) U" text messages or notes scrawled on the white board in the kitchen, yeah, but neither of us is into much more than that now even though we're more in love than ever. There are also other ways to be romantic. He isn't the flowers type either (I never thought that it might be a cultural thing, a way to apologize -- I'll ask him about that), but he often jumps in and helps with the housework or heavy lifting or anything else I happen to be doing; that's one way he shows his thoughtfulness and love. Displays of affection aren't always textbook romantic gestures, but they can be every bit as sincere. I would keep giving him the cards, though, because that's how you like to express your love to him. Heck, give him flowers too sometime. He might like it and return the gesture. But most of all, watch for the romantic moments that aren't as flashy. I'll bet they are there.

Ditto :thumbs:

Timeline

Your probably right! I guess some times the remarks he makes about marriage is so off color to me. I've never once (well maybe once) doubted that he doesn't love me. I know he does. And there are ways he shows it thru other ways. But I guess whats been bugging me most is on our aniversary (and his b-day) I gave him 2 cards and made him some of his favorite food! He handed me some money and said here get what u want. i felt upset cause he didn't even take the time to pick something out from him, or get me a card! Like i said maybe its me just being petty, or thinking too much since i've not been working! :unsure:

08/24/2011 Biometrics

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

9iad5hjppr.png

Timeline

These things are so true - and yes, very much alive in our relationship as well. My husband always opens the door for me, cooks dinner when I work late and he's home, cleans our home (more than I do) and always comes to take whatever I have to unload out of the car for me. :luv:

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Your probably right! I guess some times the remarks he makes about marriage is so off color to me. I've never once (well maybe once) doubted that he doesn't love me. I know he does. And there are ways he shows it thru other ways. But I guess whats been bugging me most is on our aniversary (and his b-day) I gave him 2 cards and made him some of his favorite food! He handed me some money and said here get what u want. i felt upset cause he didn't even take the time to pick something out from him, or get me a card! Like i said maybe its me just being petty, or thinking too much since i've not been working! :unsure:

His first Christmas here, I was still driving him everywhere. He hadn't made a motion toward a Christmas gift, and I knew we'd all be together with my folks and he might feel on the spot if he didn't give me anything. I figured he was clueless about the tradition. So I just went to him sort of sheepishly and told him I'd seen a pretty piece of jewelry I liked, nothing expensive, just nice, and that I would love it if he gave it to me for Christmas. Now, I never EVER tell anyone what I want as a gift, but I did that time. Well, his reaction was to ask me to take him to Best Buy, where he bought me a terrific, squishy, ergonomic keyboard (I transcribe a lot at home and this made it like typing on a cloud). OMG that was the most romantic gift. :luv:

I know in Morocco they often don't celebrate birthdays and anniversaries (and I hate to admit it but I don't always think to buy cards for special occasions myself). I've heard American men say they so often don't know what their wife wants in those cases, so I guess for a man from an entirely different tradition, it would be even more baffling. So maybe drop hints, like big ones. Sweet, but big. And as the years pass, he will get to know you better navigate those waters more easily. We are still learning too.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

My husband and i are just as romantic with each other as the same when he was away actually even more. He is so helpful around the house, and with my girls. He calls me everyday when im not at home and leaves me voice messages saying he loves me, and he still makes pictures for me on the computer, we watch movies together all the time, take walks together, go the park we do alot of things he is very romantic but in different ways. I do agree with some of the others i think its just a matter of the individual. :yes:

AJ1

7/17/2005----I met the love of my life.

1/18/2006----Arrived in Egypt to visit my love.

5/11/2006----Sent I129F.

6/15/2006----Recieved NOA1.

6/22/2006----Recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/12/2006----Replied to RFE (IMBRA) Sent back.

7/17/2006----Our 1 year Anniversary!!!!

7/19/2006----VSC recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/20/2006----touched

8/18/2006----touched

8/18/2006----NOA2!!!!!! THANK YOU GOD!!!!

8/18/2006----VSC sent our petition to NVC.

8/19/2006----touched

8/22/2006----NVC recieved our petition.

8/23/2006----NVC sent our petition to Cairo Embassy.

8/25/2006----Recieved NOA2 Approval letter in the mail.

8/28/2006----Recieved NVC letter with new case number.

8/31/2006----Cairo Embassy recieved our petition.

9/24/2006----I emailed the Embassy reguarding my fiance's packet 3.

10/17/2006--Cairo sent packet 3 for the second time to my fiance. First one was never recieved.

10/19/2006--Packet 3 recieved.

12/20/2006--Packet 3 sent.

12/21/2006--Cairo Embassy recieved packet 3.

2/21/2007---Packet 4 recieved.

3/12/2007---Interview (He Passed)!

3/12/2007---Administrative Processing begins.............God please help me get through this!

7/17/2007---Our 2 Year Anniversay!!!

10/23/2007--7 months and 2 weeks of A/P and still waiting..........God help me!

4/22/2008---2nd Interview ( keep us in your prayers)

4/22/2008--He was approved for the Visa 2-3 weeks until he recieves it in the mail lets hope so!!

6/03/2008--VISA IN HAND! Thank you god!

7/03/2008--Our Wedding Day!

"NEVER GIVE UP"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

My dad does that with my Mom and she considers it a pretty romantic gesture :P

And what's this about hand-holding in the backseat of my car??? Is that why I had to keep putting the rear window defog on? :devil:

Wish-upon-a-star-1.jpg

2009-07-11 AOS packet mailed (and supposedly delivered the same day)

2009-07-15 NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765 (USCIS rec'd date is 07-12)

2009-08-05 Case transferred to CSC

2009-08-12 no biometrics yet.......called on 30 day mark to report no biometrics, a service inquiry has been made on the case.....

2009-08-25 - received Biometrics appointment letter!

2009-08-27 I-131 (AP) approved

2009-09-15 Biometrics appointment

2009-09-15 EAD Card production ordered!

2009-09-23 EAD Card received

2009-10-06 GC approved/card production ordered

2009-10-13 GC received in the mail!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.