aidan80

Biometrics in Orlando

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I thought I’d make a brief post about my Biometrics appointment I attended in Orlando on Wednesday!

My Wife and I arrived just a few minutes before my 8:00am appointment; after some near death experiences courtesy of the lunatics who appear to populate the roads in and around Orlando :hehe: . I don’t remember people driving almost to certain death like this back home? Is it really that important to be on time here in the US?.. We entered the USCIS Application Support Center which was hidden right in the back of business complex/plaza.

We where greeted by a guard who inspected my passport and appointment letter then proceeded to give me a form to fill out. The form was made up of the obvious questions, name, address, receipt no, filed for.. etc after completing the form my wife was asked to wait in the waiting room next door, I was asked to take a seat in a separate waiting area which appeared to also be a queue. After reaching the end of the queue I was called by one of two women who sat behind a very basic desk who then proceeded to inspect my completed form, passport and who also placed a large red stamp on my appointment notice. I was given a number and told to take a seat in the waiting area next door, where of course I found Melissa waiting for me. :)

After a wait of no more than a few minutes my number was called and I walked straight ahead into another area were an employee made quite a few attempts at taking digital copies of my finger prints :hehe: . Eventually my (worse than passport) digital photo was taken and added to my fingerprints. I then waited while another person appeared to double check all information on screen.

I was given a little yellow card to fill out and place in the box and I was on my way, I was free to eat some breakfast :D ! Breakfast came only after more thrilling examples of how to almost die while driving in Orlando courtesy some local drivers :wacko: . We left the USCIS unit at about 8:40am..

I hope this information is useful to anyone heading to Orlando for their biometrics, my advice on finding the Application Support Centre is to.. drive into the McDonalds at the light, follow through the drive through go right round the back and drive on. Follow the road into the business complex/plaza and keep going till you see the small USCIS unit on the left! :P

Filed N400 11/7/16

Check (CC) Cashed 11/10/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16

My Wife and I arrived just a few minutes before my 8:00am appointment; after some near death experiences courtesy of the lunatics who appear to populate the roads in and around Orlando :hehe: . I don’t remember people driving almost to certain death like this back home? Is it really that important to be on time here in the US?

Congrats on the swift process, I hope to get the same treatment.

Correction, reagrding the lunatics in and around Orlando. These are called tourists, from around the US and Europe. They're rushing to be on time and get a glimpse of Mickey! ;)

12-15-04 > I-129F packet mailed (Day 1)

02-03-05 > APPROVED!!! NOA 2 (Day 50)

02-18-05 > Embassy receives petition (Day 65)

02-17-06 > (YEP 1 YEAR, NO TYPO) Packet 3 received (Day 429)

03-14-06 > Interview Date...VISA APPROVED!! (Day 454)

03-16-06 > Fiancee received visa in hand and we arrived in the USA!!

04-29-06 > Wedding Date

AOS & EAD

05-30-06 > Sent AOS and EAD

06-01-06 > Package signed for in Chicago

06-07-06 > NOA

06-08-06 > AOS & EAD Touched

06-12-06 > AOS & EAD Touched

06-29-06 > Biometrics Appointment

07-03-06 > AOS & EAD Touched

07-11-06 > Transferred to California!!

07-14-06 > Case Received in California

07-15-06 > AOS Touched

07-18-06 > AOS Touched again

07-19-06 > AOS Touched yet again

07-20-06 > WELCOME LETTER SENT!!

08-04-06 > GC Received

04-19-08 > File to remove Conditions!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I did my Biometrics in Orlando on May 30, 06 and just got an email saying that my EAD was approved on June 2, 06 and will be sent in the mail in the next week or so.

So you should gets yours in the next week or so too !

Cheers,

Dil

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.