tuttobella

DCF In Australia- New Changes

107 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Another update about the new DCF procedure for people who already have their hands on Packet 3...

We got another email from Sydney this morning, which replied in more detail to the email we sent last week. They told us that since we already have packet 3, we can send in the DS-230 parts 1 & 2 now, or at anytime before my US husband files the I-130. We can also send in the DS-2001 before he files the I-130, so Sydney have all the forms and they can schedule an interview for me as soon as they get the I-130 sent up from Melbourne. So for those of you wondering if you can get your medicals and info together beforehand, the answer is yes!

We told them we'll be filing the I-130 in early October, and they also told us to go ahead and try and schedule an appointment with Melbourne for that now, given we know the dates that suit my partner.

Hope that helps some of you. When I'm not so snowed under with work, I'll try to put all this together for the Aussie DCF thread.

Thanks for putting up this info lunamel, its going to help me quite a lot!

AussieDude

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just a heads up that I've put up information about the new process on the pinned DCF thread.

I've posted this there, but there have been a few extra changes we just found about about. Basically, everyone now has the option of doing a walk-in on Thursdays in Sydney to file the I-130, not just those who live in NSW, ACT and QLD. So, for example, if you live in Melbourne, you can either make an appointment to file through Melbourne, OR do a walk-in in Sydney.

I'm attaching the new document they sent us outlining these changes.

We also got some more information about filing in Melbourne. Apparently, they only set aside one day a month to file the I-130s. We wanted to file in early October, but they are only accepting petitions on 25 October. So looks like we'll be doing a Sydney walk-in instead!

Chris

I_130SpouseCoverSheet_ToSendByEmail.doc

30 June 2006 - received packet 3 from Sydney Consulate to do DCF

July 2006 - discover Sydney are changing their DCF process

8 September 2006 - have fingerprints taken, post police check form to AFP

12 September 2006 - medical

21 September 2006 - receive police check from AFP

23 September 2006 - wedding day!

12 October 2006 - hubby files I-130 in Sydney during Thursday walk-in (and I-864). I file DS-230 parts 1 and 2, and DS-2001.

31 October 2006 - interview date... and I'm approved!

1 November 2006 - pick-up visa from Sydney Consulate

14 November 2006 - arrive in the US!

22 November 2006 - greencard arrives in mail

24 November 2006 - social security card and welcome letter arrive

Just a heads up that I've put up information about the new process on the pinned DCF thread.

I've posted this there, but there have been a few extra changes we just found about about. Basically, everyone now has the option of doing a walk-in on Thursdays in Sydney to file the I-130, not just those who live in NSW, ACT and QLD. So, for example, if you live in Melbourne, you can either make an appointment to file through Melbourne, OR do a walk-in in Sydney.

We also got some more information about filing in Melbourne. Apparently, they only set aside one day a month to file the I-130s. We wanted to file in early October, but they are only accepting petitions on 25 October. So looks like we'll be doing a Sydney walk-in instead!

Chris

Hi Lunamel,

Looks like you and I are in the same boat. My partner and I picked up all the documentation about 6 months ago when they were still giving them out before the marriage. I sent in my DS-230 recently and received the same email as you. Luckily, because I've got the forms, I did my police check a month or two ago and I will be doing the medical check next week. My spouse and I are going to try to file the petition in next week, and I might even give them the DS-2001 at the same time.

One thing that is curious though is that the I-864 is taken in by the Aussie, and not put together with the I-130 petition. I would have thought that the USC would file this with the petition despite the fact that it needs no notarization anymore.

Anyway, looks like its all going well for those of us caught in the middle, I'll post any info that might help.

AussieDude

Chris

Hi Lunamel,

Looks like you and I are in the same boat. My partner and I picked up all the documentation about 6 months ago when they were still giving them out before the marriage. I sent in my DS-230 recently and received the same email as you. Luckily, because I've got the forms, I did my police check a month or two ago and I will be doing the medical check next week. My spouse and I are going to try to file the petition in next week, and I might even give them the DS-2001 at the same time.

One thing that is curious though is that the I-864 is taken in by the Aussie, and not put together with the I-130 petition. I would have thought that the USC would file this with the petition despite the fact that it needs no notarization anymore.

Anyway, looks like its all going well for those of us caught in the middle, I'll post any info that might help.

AussieDude

Thanks for the info AussieDude. The I-864 filing is curious, which is why I wasn't sure that it was the case for everyone -- but I guess it is! I'd love to hear how you fare going through the new process, though sounds like it should be fairly easy going.

Cheers

Chris

12 October 2006 - hubby files I-130 in Sydney during Thursday walk-in (and I-864). I file DS-230 parts 1 and 2, and DS-2001.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
The I-864 filing is curious, which is why I wasn't sure that it was the case for everyone -- but I guess it is!

by way of explanation....

The I-864 has always been a part of the visa application part of the game. It's normal for it to be submitted with/at the time of a visa application (DS-230), not with an I-130. Sydney's just starting to conform with the rest of the world. :)

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

The I-864 filing is curious, which is why I wasn't sure that it was the case for everyone -- but I guess it is!

The I-864 has always been a part of the visa application part of the game. It's normal for it to be submitted with/at the time of a visa application (DS-230), not with an I-130. Sydney's just starting to conform with the rest of the world. :)

The only reason I considered it curious was, previously it needed notarization and since the USC does not have to be present at the visa application, it would have made it difficult for the visa applicant. And this is probably why, I assume, they removed the notarization bit, because the I-864 should be part of the visa application, not petition.

AussieDude

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The only reason I considered it curious was, previously it needed notarization and since the USC does not have to be present at the visa application, it would have made it difficult for the visa applicant. And this is probably why, I assume, they removed the notarization bit, because the I-864 should be part of the visa application, not petition.

AussieDude

I think the notarization requirement was removed independant of Sydney's changing its DCF process (no I-864s need to be notarized now, anywhere in the world). Back in the day, the USC could have the I-864 notarized at the Consulate at the time of I-130 submission, or any later date.

Moot point now----speedy cases, all! :)

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Thank goodness for all this information. We're getting married September 16th. So if we can't get in at the end of October than I'll more than likely go for November or a walk-in in sydney. melbourne holds jurisdiction over South Australia petitions so we'll see what happens. Thanks for the updates everyone!

04 January 2004 : Met Stephanie in Las Vegas.

15 May 2006 : Joined visajourney

16 September 2006: Got married in Las Vegas.

03 October 2006 : Stephanie applies for certificate of name change.

12 October 2006 : Stephanie recieved certificate of name change.

16 October 2006 : Stephanie applies for NPC, recieves a couple weeks later.

29 November 2006 : Arrived in Sydney, stayed in 4Points Sheraton Darling Harbor.

30 November 2006 : DCF. Submitted I-130 Sydney US Consulate "walk-in Thursday". Packet 3 in hand.

11 December 2006 : Final Medical Appointment with Dr Miller and immunizations. Approved.

11 December 2006 : Sent off DS-230 Parts I and II, and DS-2001 overnight priority.

27 December 2006 : Received RFE in the mail, returned RFE same day.

24 January 2007 : New Legislation preventing approvals of I-130s at Consulate.

30 January 2007 : Final Visa Interview in Sydney.

22 February 2007: Sydney called for my wife to send her passport to issue the visa.

04 March 2007: Stephanie flies back to Australia to post her passport.

14 March 2007: Stephanie Recieves passport and visa.

18 March 2007: Stephanie is in Florida. Journey is over.

30 March 2007: Stephanie gets Social Security Card.

02 April 2007: Stephanie gets Green Card.

"what happens in Vegas, doesn't always stay in Vegas" - david

Hi all

I am doing DCF with Sydney.

I cannot lodge the application until AFTER we are maried.

My USC fiance is flying in from USA.

Have not seen each other since March 03!

Since then we applied for the K-1 visa twice,once was approved and second time got denied.

So now our last hope is to be maried in Aust and do DCF with Sydney.

The process seems a bit confusing after reading all these psots.

But from what I understand, after you have filed the I-30,then you will get packet 3 to start the rest of the process.

I am from Melb, and I will take my application in person to Sydney,(unless they change that as well)

If anyone needs help on anything,plz email me

Thanx :thumbs:

Since then we applied for the K-1 visa twice,once was approved and second time got denied.

So now our last hope is to be maried in Aust and do DCF with Sydney.

Thanx :thumbs:

Sorry, but Im confused...if you were approved once for a K-1 why didnt you go to the USA? (edited to add) as in what went wrong, that you filed again?

and then why were you denied???

If you wouldnt mind, can you give some info???

Edited by lisaf

April 14 - sent I-129F to Vermont

April 25 - NOA1

May, June, July lost to IMBRA and RFE's

Aug 22 - NOA2

Sept 25 - interview date OCTOBER 13th

Oct 26 - arrived at JFK - work authorized

Nov 21 - apply SSN, received Nov 29

Dec 16 - marriage license

Jan 05 - wedding

Jan 30 - AOS begins

AOS

Feb 07 - NOA1 ,check cashed

Feb 28 - notice I-485 sent to CSC

Mar 10 - Biometrics

Apr 16 - surprise RFE arrives..they lost my medical. New medical returned, Apr 23

Jun 1st - RFE ..more medical BS ( go back for TB skin test)

Jun 28 - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!

July 06- Green card arrives.

LIFTING CONDITIONS 2009

June 12 - mailed package

June 15 - check cashed

June 19 - NOA extension letter ( card expires June 26th)

July 03 - Biometrics notice

July 14 - Biometrics appointment

OCT 29 - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!

Welcome koukla07!

Good luck with the DCF route -- it sounds like you've got the right idea about how it works now. I'll be sure to post our experiences as we go.

I'm also a little confused about your previous K1 applications -- is it that you didn't end up coming to the US when you got the first visa? What happened with the second one?

wow thast new for me I had to do everything , thast good in a way that its just the signature and not notarised

Something else that is also new... the I-864 no longer has to be notarised. Just signed by the sponsor.

QUESTION

wow :o thast new for me I had to do everything , thast good in a way that its just the signature and not notarised

Something else that is also new... the I-864 no longer has to be notarised. Just signed by the sponsor.

QUESTION ......

are they giving out the isas that same day or do they mail it ?????

after we whent down to sydney we came back up to cairns and had to wait for it in the mail but it only took 3 days to get up there , so that was very very good :)

:luv: Yale

3dflags_pri0001-0001a.gif3dflags_aus0001-0001a.gif

Oct 29 2004 Met on LDSPLANET

Oct 30 2004 First phone call....EVERY DAY till this day

Dec 25 2004 I asked him to MARRY me and he said Yes

March 19 2005 took out my passport now i need to wait

April 19 2005 I GOT MY PASSPORT !!!!

April 21 2005 NENNE booked his flight he get here on June 29th YES!!!!

May 9 2005 I-130 Packet and Packet 3 are being sent off to us !!!

May 15 2005 Recived packet 1-3

June 29 2005 Nenne arrived in Puerto Rico

July 2 2005 GOT MARRIEDbadassbuddy_com-inlove2.gif

July 11 2005 Got our Marriage Certificate

Leaving August 17th to Australia and file for DCF !!!

July 19 2005 Got interview date on Sept. 6

August 17th Got to AUSTRALIA !!!

SEPTEMBER 6 DCF (CR1)WE GOT APPROVED !!!!

September 9 2005 Recived VISA in mail

November 24 2005 Nennes POE GUAM

November 26 2005 Arrived in Puerto Rico

Married for 3 years and counting

September 10 2007 sending off the I-571

Sept 2007 sent forms Aug 2008 got 10 yr Green Card

Hi

Sorry about the confusion

As I had overstayed my visa, I had to come back home to Australia, and also incurred the 3 year ban.

USA & Sydney approved the K-1, but cos of the ban I had to apply for a 601 waiver,

As Bangkok has juridstiction over Austarlia for this, they denied it.

So by this time, the ban was almost over and we did not appeal it.

So we submitted another K-1 application,and because we had not physically seen one another in the 2 years, it was denied for this reason.

So now, we will be apply for the spouse visa thru Sydney.

Just hope this will finally end, it has been a never ending nightmare, I cannot believe it is still dragging on!

Hopefully we will have some luck soon.

Thanx!

Hi

Sorry about the confusion

As I had overstayed my visa, I had to come back home to Australia, and also incurred the 3 year ban.

USA & Sydney approved the K-1, but cos of the ban I had to apply for a 601 waiver,

As Bangkok has juridstiction over Austarlia for this, they denied it.

So by this time, the ban was almost over and we did not appeal it.

So we submitted another K-1 application,and because we had not physically seen one another in the 2 years, it was denied for this reason.

So now, we will be apply for the spouse visa thru Sydney.

Just hope this will finally end, it has been a never ending nightmare, I cannot believe it is still dragging on!

Hopefully we will have some luck soon.

Thanx!

thanks for that,

when I read you'd had a denial for a K1 in Sydney I had a heart attack ( evrything has me paranoid right now!)

good luck to you

April 14 - sent I-129F to Vermont

April 25 - NOA1

May, June, July lost to IMBRA and RFE's

Aug 22 - NOA2

Sept 25 - interview date OCTOBER 13th

Oct 26 - arrived at JFK - work authorized

Nov 21 - apply SSN, received Nov 29

Dec 16 - marriage license

Jan 05 - wedding

Jan 30 - AOS begins

AOS

Feb 07 - NOA1 ,check cashed

Feb 28 - notice I-485 sent to CSC

Mar 10 - Biometrics

Apr 16 - surprise RFE arrives..they lost my medical. New medical returned, Apr 23

Jun 1st - RFE ..more medical BS ( go back for TB skin test)

Jun 28 - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!

July 06- Green card arrives.

LIFTING CONDITIONS 2009

June 12 - mailed package

June 15 - check cashed

June 19 - NOA extension letter ( card expires June 26th)

July 03 - Biometrics notice

July 14 - Biometrics appointment

OCT 29 - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.