Southern_Canadian

AOS FILERS: NOVEMBER 2008

1,967 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
correct me if im wrong.. but ive heard that sometimes K-1 applicants never do biometrics and they get approved for green card... so.. if that cheers you up a little

All I know is we're working off a K1 and Benny had biometrics....

Cassi & Benny's Important Dates

4/19/07 - Met Online ***** 8/12/08 - K1 Visa Received (191 days between NOA1 & receipt)
11/9/08 - MARRIED *****
2/9/09 - EAD Received (78 days between NOA1 & receipt)

4/11/09 - Green Card Received (139 days between NOA1 & receipt)
5/21/11 - 10Y Green Card Received (127 days between NOA1 & receipt)

5/16/13 - Bought our house

9/26/13 Oath (114 days between NOA1 & ceremony)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Maybe it all depends on who's doing the data entry at each service center. We've been lucky I guess you can say since our status has been viewable online throughout both the K1 and AOS.

Cassi & Benny's Important Dates

4/19/07 - Met Online ***** 8/12/08 - K1 Visa Received (191 days between NOA1 & receipt)
11/9/08 - MARRIED *****
2/9/09 - EAD Received (78 days between NOA1 & receipt)

4/11/09 - Green Card Received (139 days between NOA1 & receipt)
5/21/11 - 10Y Green Card Received (127 days between NOA1 & receipt)

5/16/13 - Bought our house

9/26/13 Oath (114 days between NOA1 & ceremony)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
correct me if im wrong.. but ive heard that sometimes K-1 applicants never do biometrics and they get approved for green card... so.. if that cheers you up a little

Everyone will undergo biometrics. That will be on their data base forever. Starting June 18, 09, every greencard holders will have biometrics at POE. Fingerprints and photos will be compared on the baseline biometrics. That process will be enforced to prevent entry of terrorists into the US.

K1 visa
12.20.07 : NOA1
05.01.08 : NOA2
05.27.08 : MNL case number was received in the US
07.01.08 : interview
07.21.08 : visa on hand!!!
08.25.08 : POE:LAX
09.10.08 : applied for SSN
09.13.08 : just married!!!

11.03.08 : passed behind-the-wheel drive test

AOS
11.12.08 : Sent packet for AOS, EAD and AP
11.17.08 : Packet received at Chicago, IL (day 1)
11.24.08 : Check encashed (day 7)
12.17.08 : Biometrics! (day 30)
01.13.09 : AP and EAD approved (day 57)
01.20.09 : AP arrived in the mail (day 64)
01.22.09 : EAD card received (day 66)
04.20.09 : AOS interview
04.24.09 : Welcome letter received

We got a notice this morning that we were transferred to CSC. :)

See my timeline for my K-1 and AOS/EAD/AP details.

ROC

April 1, 2011-Packet sent, back to the grind!

April 2, 2011-USPS confirms delivery to CSC

April 18, 2011-Received biometrics letter

May 5, 2011-Biometrics appointment, quick and easy

June 16, 2011-Card production ordered!

June 24, 2011-Card received

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

My wonderful little family: Dennis, Andrea, and Malcolm

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Congrats :dance:

Can I ask, did you see it in your online status or did you recieve it in the mail?

Do you know why some get transferred and others dont, any ideas anyone.

Edited by Sal and Jay

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I am a United States citizen!

Can I ask, did you see it in your online status or did you recieve it in the mail?

We saw it on-line. Everyone will get transferred, it's just a matter of time. Chicago is like a base camp for your AOS petition. They will transfer it either to your local office or to CSC. If it gets transferred to your local office you will have an AOS interview and the whole bit. If it gets transferred to CSC you will not have an interview, it's just a waiting game for them to approve you.

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Timeline

We saw it on-line. Everyone will get transferred, it's just a matter of time. Chicago is like a base camp for your AOS petition. They will transfer it either to your local office or to CSC. If it gets transferred to your local office you will have an AOS interview and the whole bit. If it gets transferred to CSC you will not have an interview, it's just a waiting game for them to approve you.

Ok Thanks for the prompt reply.

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

You're welcome. Whenever people say that I always wonder whether I should feel good about answering people's questions or if I should feel like I need to get a life because I spend too much time at a computer. ;) Although it's not really my fault...my job requires me to sit at a computer for 8 hours a day.

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

You're welcome. Whenever people say that I always wonder whether I should feel good about answering people's questions or if I should feel like I need to get a life because I spend too much time at a computer. ;) Although it's not really my fault...my job requires me to sit at a computer for 8 hours a day.

I wonder if we should be nervous that ours hasn't been transferred to a CSC or local office yet..it just says "Your case is at the National Benefits Center." Is that where they go before they are transferred elsewhere? (And I agree..I have to sit at a computer 8 hours/day too..this is much more fun than actually doing work!)

5-13-09: Green card approved.

6-24-09: Received green card.

8-13-11: Received 10-year green card.

2-21-12: Sent N-400 to Dallas Lock box.

7-18-12: Naturalization interview (passed!).

I wonder if we should be nervous that ours hasn't been transferred to a CSC or local office yet..it just says "Your case is at the National Benefits Center." Is that where they go before they are transferred elsewhere? (And I agree..I have to sit at a computer 8 hours/day too..this is much more fun than actually doing work!)

That's what mine said before it got transferred, too. I wouldn't worry about it too much...I'm not sure what determines when they get transferred and it's possible that they've transferred it and just haven't updated their on-line system.

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Timeline

That's what mine said before it got transferred, too. I wouldn't worry about it too much...I'm not sure what determines when they get transferred and it's possible that they've transferred it and just haven't updated their on-line system.

DAmn I just got notice that we have rfe, have to wait and see what they want. :(

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

DAmn I just got notice that we have rfe, have to wait and see what they want. :(

Oh no! :( I hope it's something minor that can be fixed quickly!

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

got my biometrics yesterday yay!.. i went back and forth the ASC in vannuys because i didnt realized that i have to bring my marriage certifcate..well since we are just 30 minutes away from the ASC we went home and back to it.. the manager was so nice and he even said that if i woint get the chance to be there yedterday i can come back the next day or they are even open on saturday.. sweet...::

😁

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My I-485 and I-765 are now available online :yes: but I-130 and I-131 are not. Anyways, how do we notify if there's a RFE? I had an online account. What is "Y" under email means? How do I know if my case is being touched? Thanks!

"Have faith in God, Jesus answered. I'll tell you the truth. if anyone says to this mountain, Go, throw yourself to the sea, and that does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen. it will be done for him. Therefore I'll tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours" (MARK 11:22-24)

My I-485 and I-765 are now available online :yes: but I-130 and I-131 are not. Anyways, how do we notify if there's a RFE? I had an online account. What is "Y" under email means? How do I know if my case is being touched? Thanks!

If you get an RFE the status on-line will change to let you know it's been mailed, you will receive it via snail mail soon afterwards and then can address whatever the problem is.

"Y" under email means "yes", as in you will be notified by email of any status changes.

"Touched" means that the "last updated" column will reflect a new date, but there is no status update. Usually it means your file was opened or changed desks. It literally means someone at USCIS touched your file for some reason. It can mean anything from someone went on their lunch break and scanned out of your file all the way to an approval that hasn't been updated online. A lot of people on the K1 forum would have tons of touches, but no approval...other people got approved without a single touch. Check out the Q&A with a former adjudicator for more information on what a touch really means.

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.